Most recent purchases you don't care for.....and recent purchases that you adore.

Most recent purchases you don't care for.

Box of Sancho Panza Molinos: they taste like they have been left out of the humidor for a decade.....in a desert.  

Recent purchases that you adore. 

I was talking with John S about this earlier today.  Punch Punch.  17 Punch Punch.  Just orgasmic. 

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Parti P2s have not be doing it for me, even though these are supposed to be the best they have been in years PL Picadores I have not been able to keep my hands off of though, even though I've hea

The small RyJ offerings aren't really top quality. I smoke either the Belvederes or Regalias de Londres as an everyday cheap and cheerful but honestly I'm about to kick them to the curb for PLP or RG

Most recent purchases you don't care for. Box of Sancho Panza Molinos: they taste like they have been left out of the humidor for a decade.....in a desert.    Recent purchases that you adore

Parti P2s have not be doing it for me, even though these are supposed to be the best they have been in years

PL Picadores I have not been able to keep my hands off of though, even though I've heard people saying they aren't as good as they were a few years ago.

I guess sometimes a really good cigar can still not be in your wheelhouse, but the right blend can still work for you even if the quality isn't tip top.

• Like 2

HdM Palmas Extra....just not doing it for me. Maybe I got a bad box.

22 minutes ago, Notsocleaver said:

Parti P2s have not be doing it for me, even though these are supposed to be the best they have been in years

PL Picadores I have not been able to keep my hands off of though, even though I've heard people saying they aren't as good as they were a few years ago.

I guess sometimes a really good cigar can still not be in your wheelhouse, but the right blend can still work for you even if the quality isn't tip top.

P2s really? These were supposed to be cigar of the year for '18, right? What box code have you been smoking?

1 minute ago, Justin said:

I have yet to have a P2 that I even wanted to finish, much less enjoyed. 

RASS have been pure bliss!

Same on the P2’s. I see hints of maybe future glory in them but right now they are not burning and not tasting great for me. As for boxes I love: JL1, RyJ Tacos, Partagas E2’s, Lusis, and Connie A’s (all 2018)

• Like 1

UTL Ene 18 Parti P2’s. Like others I was expecting great things, but so far they’re falling flat.

On the other hand...

I recently discovered Boli Libertadores, MSU 2018. OMG, I’m in love!

• Like 1

Can't recall a bust box lately outside of a box of SOM MAR 16 RyJ Coronitas en Cedros. Not horrible, just didn't like them. One sided wood. Like smoking a piece of plywood. No RyJ DNA. Several were plugged.

17/18 has been quite good overall for me. El Principe, Connie 1, MdO4, Famosos, PLMC, Lusi have all been solid.

Don’t care for: partagas presidente UBM SEP 18. Was really hoping for mushroom and umami all sorts of stuff based on reviews. Just getting cardboard. Have only had a couple though  

Adore: Bolivar Coronas junior ETP MAY 16 from 24:24 just a few months ago. Every time I have one, I think “what a perfect little smoke”. 

My JL2 have been fantastic even when young.

my blah box is my cazadores not complex like I was hoping in a long and skinny. Just keep wishing I’m going to get more out of them, not bad just blah.

Loving:  Fonseca Delicias ARG MAR 15.  Total surprise at the Cigar shop finding that box lost and forgotten, bottom shelf in the walk-in humidor.  great marshmellow    cinnamon cedar vibes. 

RnJ Short Churchills BOP AGO 18.   still way too young, and have had some construction issues, but dang CHERRY BOMB

Frowning:  Monte 3 ASU DIC 17    duds galore. sand, dead leaves and chemical flavours. More Age?

H. Upmann Half Corona UEB ABR 18.     look gorgeous, good factory, great colour to them, just had a plugged one that felt way to mild. patience. 

Don't care for PLMC from NOV 17- but I've only had them in the Humidor for a couple of month's so I am optimistic that will change.

Loving Monte 1s, 4s, and Connie As.

10 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

Only likes here. Loving JL#2 but need to age them. Very hard thing to do when you keep reaching for them.

Ive smoked a few from a 2011 box. Honestly enjoy the younger jl2's more. the 2011 is missing something, too mellow almost. 

Don't Care For: Box of Diplomaticos Canadian Regional.  First third was OK. Very "Dip like"  Last  two thirds were packed with ammonia and monotone in flavour.  Might not touch another for 2+ years.

Adore: Por Larranaga Picadores.  Smoked great upon 2014 release. Still do.  

• Like 1

QDO 54's 2018 Very good, from start to finish, can't wait to order more

Didn't care for the Por Larrañaga Gran Robusto Paises Bajos, 2017. Started off Good, but gave me the worst stomach ache since it ended bitter and way to strong.