FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

19 hours ago, GVan said:

This past weekend was Opening Day Duck Season in Illinois with my son.  I haven't hunted ducks or geese in 10+ years - used to be a big hobby of mine.  My son has been trying to get me to come out for years and I finally did so.  Fantastic 3 day hunt, lots of fun, lots of laughing in the blind and even a few Amante Canonazo's on Sunday morning with coffee waiting for legal shooting time.  Stunning sunrises from the blind and a pretty good hunt.  Sunday dinner my son made seared duck breasts with cherries, cheesy potatoes, brussel sprouts baked in bacon fat and a shrimp appetizer - served with a 2019 Franks Family Napa Cab - absolutely awesome.  Finished the Monday hunt with cigars and Bloody Marys around the backyard fire pit.

Awesome post 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JohnS said:

This image was taken of myself, my daughter and my wife getting ready for the 2:45 pm session of Martin Scorsese's 'Killers of the Flower Moon' at our local cinema last weekend. In Australia, intermissions at cinemas were phased out in the late 70s/early 80s. As a kid, I remember them. At 3 hours and 26 minutes, this is the type of film you should bring the 'movie break' back for! All in all, it was a really well-made film, that's for sure!

IMG-20231029-WA0002.jpg.2db7cfe4ee01568fa1ad8f4a4ff31fcf.jpg

We also caught up with my sister-in-law (i.e. my wife's sister) for lunch that weekend. (My wife and I aren't pictured)

20231022_124149.jpg.3e7bbb62d42a07e249902d766b42295e.jpg

Yesterday, my son graduated. Of course, it was a lovely day spent with my wife and his wonderful girlfriend. I don't know what the significance of the bear is in these photos. Perhaps like the Spider-Pig character in the Simpsons Movie, the bear just helped push things along on the day, perhaps?

IMG-20231103-WA0005.jpg.bb73886cba9c876452f4660b6813fec0.jpg

IMG-20231103-WA0007.jpg.2a7ea698c43b538285a54ae84e61465b.jpg

IMG-20231103-WA0014.jpg.4103c9908ab7335ca800e475eb480441.jpg

IMG-20231103-WA0015.jpg.1798186ad4990d4e1f3980eebfef72b6.jpg

IMG-20231103-WA0018.jpg.e900984997dd4692cf0450d281f47cfc.jpg

IMG-20231103-WA0028.jpg.89a47919fe39c91a192b6e2626110958.jpg

Congrats John. You may have to ship him off to this side we need plenty of mechanical engineers in the mining sector with some serious $ to be made 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, westg said:

Congrats John. You may have to ship him off to this side we need plenty of mechanical engineers in the mining sector with some serious $ to be made 

Thanks West. I'll pass that idea onto him, definitely! 👍

6 hours ago, TacoSauce said:

John, you're looking so clean-cut! An upstanding citizen and a pillar of the community. Your profile pic had me thinking you might be (or recently were) a surfer-dude. 😆

Yes, well...those were the days of enduring pandemics and lockdowns when a trip to the barber was a rare event indeed! When that all came to an end, it was very clear that grey hair and long hair and beards certainly had their time and place, but it was time to move on.

Having said that, I still reminisce and think of @Habana Mike (Mike Lindsay) who also similarly had an epic beard during the Coronavirus pandemic. We used to laugh about it all on our FoH ZOOM meetings. For those of us who aren't aware, sadly he left us too soon at the beginning of last year. I miss him a lot.

Incidentally, look closer at my forum profile picture and you may possibly make out that I'm posing in front of an artwork. And not just any artwork. No, indeed, it is quite significant. It is none other than Jackson Pollock's 'Blue Poles'!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JohnS said:

Yes, well...those were the days of enduring pandemics and lockdowns when a trip to the barber was a rare event indeed! When that all came to an end, it was very clear that grey hair and long hair and beards certainly had their time and place, but it was time to move on.

Welp, I guess it is time to retire my preconceived notion that all Australians are Surfer-dudes. 😅

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:48 AM, westg said:

If he does go over there, don't you guys go corrupting him with cigars and booze.... we've already done it! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1