Deck "Shark Tank" ideas

The deck is the melting pot for ideas. 

Marital counselling, business counselling, relationship counselling.....it all happens on the deck (fairly unsuccessfully).  

It is like the program "shark tank"....... but for inebriated people. :spotlight:

Once in a while however there comes an idea that requires further exploration (ShooAway came about from a deck session!)

Recently one of those ideas was formed and you good people will be the testing ground. Simply, has it got legs..or is it a bust?

Idea Pitcher:     Zorba (alias). Zorba may or may not be a hairy middle aged greek man who accompanies me to cuba. 

Idea. 

Double Decker Bus Cigar Divans 

Pitch

Local laws causing an issue....no problem.  Mobile cigar Divans are luxury appointed mobile cigar clubs  complete with betting bar, separate lounge areas and walk in humidor. Incorporating state of the art ducted air circulation for your comfort, the Mobile Cigar Club comes with its own cigar sommelier.   Capacity 25 people.  Covering all parts of the city. Weekend tours. Available for weddings and group hire.  Pick up and drop off from central locations. 

OK...over to you fine folk. Dog or diamond  :party:

*Zorba isn't going to resign from his workplace of 30 years until he reads the outcome 

• Like 2

In Australia? Tell "Zorba" not to quit his day job. Straight off the bat I can see the following issues:

1. You will be in breach of several laws, depending on the state/territory you are in.
  2. You will need a liquor licence and RSA certification. So no boozing like there is no tomorrow.
  3. You will need need to apply for a betting authority, unless you allow a registered bookmaker to run the betting bar.
  4. There are not enough cigar smokers in Australia to make this profitable.

I assume you googled "Mobile cigar lounge" already. A surprising number of them operating in various parts of the U.S. Can't imagine how they can make any money catering to the wedding/ bachelor party or other type of celebration market segments. 

As mentioned above, not a new idea in US by any means. I’ve kicked around the idea of converting an airstream myself - just for me and my friends when my current company has a successful exit event (fingers and toes crossed ;)

I can imagine that in Australia the issue would be cost prohibitive and run afoul of the militant anti-smoking regulations.

Might not be the newest idea, but it all depends much on diligence and attention to detail. And here I have no doubt Rob & team would bring out their best efforts. Licences could be an issue as others said. But as long as it's not ending up with this....

beerbike.jpg.faa0b78964814c376d8a9f32ceae64d9.jpg

• Like 1

It might be troublesome for weirdos obsessed with "long-ashing". One light jolt in the bus, and their prize winning ash will be lost.....and mayhem/tears will ensue. 

Other than that, absolute diamond

Being able to fill the bus regularly to support the business model could be challenging.  A couple of working girls & "massage room"; you'd have a money maker ;-) 

• Haha 1

The idea is nice, but the market is not there.

Run some numbers Zorba, er, Rob. How many customers, residing in Aus, er, Greece, do you, er, Zorba have? Get some demographic inFOHmation from your local government, and apply the percentage of population in the 21-35 year old, middle income, male demographic to your customer number. This is your reasonable potential market.

Estimate the cost of the HerFOHmobile (I have trademarked the name, but will license it to you for a small, recurring, smokable fee).

Estimate the cost of ownership of the HerFOHmobile.

Estimate various utilization percentages, including the multitude of holidays you folks in Aus, er, Greece have.

I think you will find that your break even point is a very far horizon.

Saying all of that, you, er, Zorba, should do it anyway. Because it's cool, and because the advertising for FOH could likely generate more than enough new traffic to the site and the shop to easily pay for it.

So sez me, and I don't know dogs bollocks about anything.

Big Al

• Like 1

Being able to fill the bus regularly to support the business model could be challenging.  A couple of working girls & "massage room"; you'd have a money maker ;-) 
Massage trailer better - easily jettisoned in case of over-inquiring undesirables.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

HHmmm,    call me old fashioned but I don't want to put 5 meters away from some guy getting wanked off behind a panel door, whilst I try to relax with a cigar.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I like combining your idea with my own deck idea, had 2 years ago--crotchless yoga pants.  Put the women wearing them on the top of the bus, the men, on the bottom.

And yes, this exists--www.numapants.com

5 hours ago, 99call said:

HHmmm,    call me old fashioned but I don't want to put 5 meters away from some guy getting wanked off behind a panel door, whilst I try to relax with a cigar.   

Who said anything about cigars?  Just offering a mobile business an idea ;-)

2 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Who said anything about cigars?  Just offering a mobile business an idea ;-)

haha, yes that does make a lot more sense now. "Feels on Wheels" as it were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GrT idea Rob but as Fuzz suggested the Fun police might have something to say about it

is it capable of doing the trans Nullarbor trek ?

worth pursuing though ?

My first thought....yuck....I would pass on it Rob .. After 6 months...filthy grubby mess....I think we can do far better..than a bus .

• Like 1

I think i agree with first lady a cruise style type of house boat we have a lot of house boating lakes and local waters here in Vancouver that would be easy then as long as the pilot is sober the occupants can drink. Hire a bartender a server/cigar sommelier your good day out on the water nothing beats it.

56 minutes ago, First Lady said:

I boat would be a better idea that can cruise around Bay/ Gold Coast area  however will depend if the smoking laws are carried over onto water craft ;)

Cruise into international waters and register your boat under a flag state that has no ridiculous smoking laws. Then do as you please.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Cruise into international waters and register your boat under a flag state that has no ridiculous smoking laws. Then do as you please.

Cuba? I quite like the sound of this SS Cirrhosis.

• Like 1