The Dr. Joe Show: Update

Very unfortunate if he's passed--the guy couldn't have been even 40 yet.

His style and personality aren't for everyone, but there was no doubt he was extremely passionate about cigars and was big on facts and accuracy and did know his stuff. I don't think he ever said anything I disagreed with. He could be quite entertaining at times and he grew on me actually. 

• Like 3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just let the poor guy go off into the sunset in the manner he wishes. 👍

This is an old thread but I was online and his old videos popped up on YouTube. He is very much alive. His LinkedIn profile shows his employment through summer of 2021 as a corporate sales trainer. It

Just when he thought he was out they pull him back in!  Hey, someone track him down, jam a cigar in his mouth and start filming.  I will say it's unusual for someone that clearly had his pas

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

His style and personality aren't for everyone, but there was no doubt he was extremely passionate about cigars and was big on facts and accuracy and did know his stuff. I don't think he ever said anything I disagreed with. He could be quite entertaining at times and he grew on me actually. 

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I agree, and whether people liked him or not, much too young to have departed.

• Like 1

I remember one video he opened with how sick he was with a sinius infection. I did a search with his name and home town and nothing much came up in the search. Lets hope he's still with us, loved the Dr. Joe Show!!

• Like 1

I remember one video he opened with how sick he was with a sinius infection. I did a search with his name and home town and nothing much came up in the search. Lets hope he's still with us, loved the Dr. Joe Show!!
Where was his hometown?

Only recently caught an episode of his shows - seem like a nice enough fellow and agree he did exhibit  a passion for cigars....shame to think somebody his age passed. Always hope that this is only a rumor. Sometimes people just want to go dark.

• Like 1

His full name is Joseph Clements. I didn't see any obituaries or any information that would show him to have passed on the Internet.  I am hoping this is all fake news and that he will pop up one day to tell us he was just to busy building his wineador to let us know where he has been for the last 2 years. 

Also if I remember correctly he used to buy a bunch of stuff from finest....so they may be able to confirm these rumors if anybody has a contact with them. Irregardless, really sad if he passed from an invading  sinus infection or any other reason for that matter..... a lot of untreatable sinus infections are mold related if memory serves me.....Ive often wondered if smoking aspergillus mold off of a cigar even if its been wiped down could be detrimental to ones health. 

3 hours ago, Benzopyrene said:

Also if I remember correctly he used to buy a bunch of stuff from finest....so they may be able to confirm these rumors if anybody has a contact with them. Irregardless, really sad if he passed from an invading  sinus infection or any other reason for that matter..... a lot of untreatable sinus infections are mold related if memory serves me.....Ive often wondered if smoking aspergillus mold off of a cigar even if its been wiped down could be detrimental to ones health. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136185/#!po=4.45545

It discusses mold in cigarettes but it’s the best I could find. There’s not much research on cigars and cigar smoking unfortunately. 

Aspergillus is also everywhere, so your breathing it in all day anyway. It’s generally only a problem in immunocompromised people. Cancer patients, aids patients, anyone with a weakened immune system. 

Theres also a million different types of aspergillus, most are harmless, some are lethal. Bottom line, who the hell knows? 

If anyone is too worried you can always send the cigars to me. ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

found joeaclem on instagram.   Posts from 2017.     I think he's still alive  :)

Actually i'm still not 100% sure its the same person.....    

That Linkedin profile has been up for years, and there's nothing new on it. I used to love watching this show(still do) and waiting on new episodes. I shared many emails with Joe. Anytime I had questions he would answer and help as best he could. His show was a major part of what got me into CCs. He was a cool cat, very knowledgeable. I would have to say that it looks like he has passed away, but no one seems to know for sure. There's a lot of conflicting info online, but one thing is for certain. He has not been online in years, no activity...

• 10 months later...

What’s interesting, is that his YouTube channel is still monetizing someone. There are ad campaigns associated with most of his videos. Perhaps a wife or other family member is getting a check from YT if he is no longer with us. 

Regardless, his shows are informative, and often hilarious. I was watching his Lusitania review, (part 3) when he goes on a rant about a guy who trolled his channel, worth watching just for the tirade. 

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, gkallos said:

Has there been any update as to Joe's condition / whereabouts?  I really have enjoyed his show and I'm interested in learning what happened to him.

Welcome to our forum. Do kindly remember to introduce yourself in the Introductions sub-forum here...

https://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/forum/6-newbie-introductions/

• 2 weeks later...

Another mystery in the annals of cigar lore. Bermuda triangle shit....

• Haha 1