Cohiba Talisman – Global Launch

Pre release boxes have the same code uao-17. Each of those pre release box have pig tails. No different from what was released. I have said this before on Facebook. Habanos has issues like this all the time. People can get there hands on anything. For the right price. They sent out an email saying all of those are fake, because they probably spent a good amount of money trying to host this event. If it was me i would be singing the same story. Saying they were fake. Because I’m hosting an event. That i spent a shit ton of money on. 

• Like 3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UK retail is around 600 pounds or so I was told. The word is that there is no shortage of buyers lining up.  I try to keep in in perspective. In the main I drink $22 wines. However I will splurge

Here’s one, but I️ believe these were what they called “pre release” on Instagram from some guy called “the don” Quality on them was ... weird. Looked like fuente anejo wrappers

1 hour ago, Eric05 said:

Pre release boxes have the same code uao-17. Each of those pre release box have pig tails. No different from what was released. I have said this before on Facebook. Habanos has issues like this all the time. People can get there hands on anything. For the right price. They sent out an email saying all of those are fake, because they probably spent a good amount of money trying to host this event. If it was me i would be singing the same story. Saying they were fake. Because I’m hosting an event. That i spent a shit ton of money on. 

That works the other way as well. You purchased these 'early' and now want to believe they are not fake. There will always be a question mark over those cigars.

This event was put on by H+F the importers to the UK, and the ticket price was substantial enough to cover their costs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shaunster said:

That works the other way as well. You purchased these 'early' and now want to believe they are not fake. There will always be a question mark over those cigars.

This event was put on by H+F the importers to the UK, and the ticket price was substantial enough to cover their costs.

I am sure it can go both ways your absolutely right. Everything from the pre-release boxes are very similar to the actual box and cigar. I have a pre-release box and I will get a box from a UK retailer at some point to compare. I think its a great cigar that needs some age on it, just like any cuban. Every review I see on the supremos when it came out was horrible and now well you can't touch them. 

• Like 1

Yea...but the goody bag was worth it I think....for 200 unlimited drinks from what I could tell 4 cigars
2 talisman
1 1966
And a medio siglo

So at UK prices that's not bad...still bit pricy for me but good over all

www.themysterywhisky.co.uk

• Like 3

If the pre-released boxes are fake they are the best fakes I have ever seen, at least pictures.

And if they are fake I am really concerned about the "new" counterfeiters: they did an outstanding job (labels, rings, seals...).

I dont thik it´s the case but maybe the cigar is fake, all the rest I would say it´s not.

• Like 1

I've smoked a couple so far. I can tell you its a really great smoke. Ash is perfect. Burns straight. Everything about the cigar tastes real and has been smoked by many cigar aficionados. The only thing that does not work on these boxes is the serial number. But I can also tell you. Gran Reservas have been finding there way to some canada retailers. And even those serial numbers are not checking out either. I will try tonight to take some good pictures. 

10 hours ago, awkwardPause said:

Apparently these debuted with pigtail caps, much to the surprise of some in attendance (box code BHK54 EFF UP). :spotlight:

Note from a well connected friend who visited EL in September watching these being rolled:

"These are from El Laguito, they changed it from triple cap to pigtail. The initial release was triple cap at the Feria del Habano. The boxes that I saw at EL were all pigtails. Don't understand why they did that but if you look on the Internet any images of boxes they all have pigtails."

Easy explanation: They wanted to throw off the counterfeiters, who would be immediately producing "Talismans" without a pigtail... only to find that they're unsellable after the tail is added to the real thing. I'd do that if I were them. Find ways to alter the actual cigar rather than the bands etc. In fact, why even bother showing off the cigars at the Fest if you're not going to release them for 9 months+?
Yep. My thoughts exactly. Or it could just be sheer Cuban randomness. :cigar:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Eric05 said:

I've smoked a couple so far. I can tell you its a really great smoke. Ash is perfect. Burns straight. Everything about the cigar tastes real and has been smoked by many cigar aficionados. The only thing that does not work on these boxes is the serial number. But I can also tell you. Gran Reservas have been finding there way to some canada retailers. And even those serial numbers are not checking out either. I will try tonight to take some good pictures. 

Pretty sure this is said by people who smoke fake Cubans too. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 3:50 PM, El Presidente said:

I am interested to see the box code of the cigars released tonight......specifically if it matches the box code of those Talisman being purchased pre-release which HSA deems as fakes:innocent:

UK vendors have sold today REG JUL 17 and UAO JUL 17 based on convos 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MonkeyCrisco said:

Oh you and your pre-releases. And once they're sold out, Talismen will be sold in leather briefcases sold as bonus over-runs intended for the rollers involved in the project. The stories never end. Stop biting the bait.

And let’s be honest... Instagram is probably the last place people need to be buying cigars from. 

I’ve seen robustos supremos, behikes, Cohiba sublimes on there in gallon ziplocks full of them... 

• Like 1

Here’s one, but I️ believe these were what they called “pre release” on Instagram from some guy called “the don”

Quality on them was ... weird. Looked like fuente anejo wrappers 25ebcc975687a08f0f5b6bd8541ab53d.jpg
Yep they look like factory seconds NC maduro toros

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Chuckmejia said:

Here’s one, but I️ believe these were what they called “pre release” on Instagram from some guy called “the don”

Quality on them was ... weird. Looked like fuente anejo wrappers 25ebcc975687a08f0f5b6bd8541ab53d.jpg

It's not uncommon to have variance in wrapper shade for Cohiba EL's. Check out the Cohiba Robustos Supremos in this link below, for example...

12 minutes ago, Chuckmejia said:

This is way past variance in shade 

The point is that @RockemSockem posted these identical box code (EML Sep 14) Cohiba Robusto Supremos almost three years ago and yes the difference is huge. However, it doesn't preclude that both boxes are legitimate releases. I remember clearly that @El Presidente posted a similar variance in different wrapper shades in the same cigar, but unfortunately I couldn't locate that image in a topic search tonight. I also recall that El Pres didn't put the light shade CRS on 24:24.

So, where some may assert "fakes" perhaps we can also use the oft-quoted line, "it's Cuba being Cuba".