Cohiba Talisman – Global Launch

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UK retail is around 600 pounds or so I was told. The word is that there is no shortage of buyers lining up.  I try to keep in in perspective. In the main I drink $22 wines. However I will splurge

Here’s one, but I️ believe these were what they called “pre release” on Instagram from some guy called “the don” Quality on them was ... weird. Looked like fuente anejo wrappers

3 minutes ago, JohnS said:

The point is that @RockemSockem posted these identical box code (EML Sep 14) Cohiba Robusto Supremos almost three years ago and yes the difference is huge. However, it doesn't preclude that both boxes are legitimate releases. I remember clearly that @El Presidente posted a similar variance in different wrapper shades in the same cigar, but unfortunately I couldn't locate that image in a topic search tonight. I also recall that El Pres didn't put the light shade CRS on 24:24.

So, where some may assert "fakes" perhaps we can also use the oft-quoted line, "it's Cuba being Cuba".

Guess we will find out once more vendors get these in... maybe there will be more wrappers exactly like these... but it’s doubtful ... time will tell as people receive their boxes 

On 8.11.2017 at 4:51 PM, Eric05 said:

I've smoked a couple so far. I can tell you its a really great smoke. Ash is perfect. Burns straight. Everything about the cigar tastes real and has been smoked by many cigar aficionados. The only thing that does not work on these boxes is the serial number. But I can also tell you. Gran Reservas have been finding there way to some canada retailers. And even those serial numbers are not checking out either. I will try tonight to take some good pictures. 

Sure, a non-issue....

23 hours ago, Eric05 said:

if anyone knows r_cigars on Instagram he has 3 full large cabinet humidors. Not saying people could buy fakes but its very rare for a huge collector to be getting fakes, posting fakes. 

And it's very rare for Santa to come through the chimney, cause he is just too fat....

Some great, disarming logic here.

• Like 1

Well maybe this will help. I had a "fake box" for a while now. Been smoking them and I just received my box yesterday from a jjfox in Europe and to confirm. Cigar is the exact same, Personally it is a young cigar. I don't care for it. But I wanted to see for myself. Also there seems to be different shades. The "fake ones" are not as dark as posted up top slighty lighter, these have more a red tint to the wrapper. But same exact taste, smell, and smoke

I thought you said it was a great smoke. Just curious, 

Of course they are great smokes. I would have a hard time admitting that I just spent $700 on a box of 10 dog rockets ;)

At least some people are smoking them and not just putting them away for the eventual flip.
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Mattb82 said:

I thought you said it was a great smoke. Just curious, 

I didn't spend 700 on the box you can find them for approx 460 euro. You can convert. Its a Cohiba its well constructed. Taste is good. Yes a great smoke. But its young. People can say its a good smoke but just not for them. How many times have you had a cigar when it just was released and it was like wow, whats all the hype. And then years later you say well lets try this again and your like wow, where did it come from. Its almost like the 14 cohiba el. If you look online when they first came out they had the worst reviews. And now its one of the hardest boxes to get. I've personally never tried a 1966 11 el. Which I've heard is one of the best. And people compare the talisman to that one. But I wouldn't be able to make that comparison. I would pick many others over it right now. It would not be my go too. I love the monte 80 that to me is the best cigar I've had this year. 

People are getting bent out of shape about these boxes coming out early. And people having them, posting pictures of them. I've kept a low profile on them since i received it months ago. And again because of all this fake talk and waited till I can actually get a box and well my comparison is the same. I love to collect cigars but I also like to smoke them as well. This is going to be one of those cigars which in years the price will go up and main reason its because its a cohiba. But if your asking me what I would choose over it well I am in love with the monte 80. 

A note on the CRS LE 2014 - there was a large number of - let's call them "questionable" cigars from Spain on those... lots of people seem to have forgotten that or never knew. I wouldn't touch a box from secondary market with a ten foot pole unless I really know the seller well.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 11:26 AM, Chuckmejia said:

Here’s one, but I️ believe these were what they called “pre release” on Instagram from some guy called “the don”

Quality on them was ... weird. Looked like fuente anejo wrappers 25ebcc975687a08f0f5b6bd8541ab53d.jpg

Def. or trying to be dissing Cohiba but they look like turds.imho lol

Just got back on US turf after a great few days in Habana.
Hunters & Frankau have sold all of the Talisman stock they had.Some retailers have sold at £575 but its already jumped there to £650 (which is crazy)
Europe have not released any as yet but they should be this coming week from what I heard direct from an LCDH owner - pricing there definitely better,hearing €475 upwards.
Obviously Rob is the man for AP pricing but just wanted to feedback on these.
My thoughts after smoking several of these is that it's already a fantastic cigar for something so young/fresh.Starts off mild then to medium/medium full.Several people I've been with this week talk of a finish like the 1966 (I've never smoked one so not sure what they mean)

4c015c60a09f2f6823551b75c3e3060d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 11/13/2017 at 7:03 AM, Benzopyrene said:

Whats the MSRP going to be on these in the Asia Pacific Market El Presidente?

Should know in about a week or so. PCC has not finalised pricing. 

As for some of the other comments:

1. Collectors get taken on a regular basis. Mostly by other collectors. 

2. Wrappers vary. The Dante ranges from horrendous to sublime. Cohiba Robusto Supremo the same. 

3. These will be sold out within weeks of their launch in 90% of markets.  Liking them has nothing to do about it. HSA has a nice little formulae going on. 

One retailer is currently selling them for £799 a box - now that is b....y crazy!!
I saw that one too. Laughed out loud and moved on...

Thunder & Lightening '75 - '15

10 hours ago, Leopolis Semper Fidelis said:

One retailer is currently selling them for £799 a box - now that is b....y crazy!!

The only crazy person is the one who would pay £799 for a box of 10 fresh cigars before any serious reviews are out!

• 7 months later...

I saw that as well and had a good chuckle. I’m not saying it couldn’t be true, but its likely just more unsubstantiated BS to help move stock at a higher price since there’s not much return on these sticks currently in the secondary market (for most). If you were to ask someone for a “source” regarding that info you’d probably get the usual “well, it’s someone that works in the industry (at El Laguito!) but I don’t want to disclose blah blah blah, etc. Sorry, I’m just jaded by some of the pretentious jargon that flys around out there sometimes. Just because you have the cash to buy 30 boxes of the “best” Talisman, doesn’t mean you have some magical knowledge or powers to wield over the uninitiated masses regarding blending processes etc, unless you truly DO work in the Cuban cigar industry with direct knowledge of the current blending processes. I have a feeling we’re about to be schooled on this thread though. Lol.

• Like 1