Desert Island Cigars

13 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

you can probably find it written into the same mythical document that condemns you to this island and provides you with an endless supply of cigars.

if the magic pudding of cigars exists, why would it give you duds?

The plan was just to do weird medical tests on all of you by thinking you're headed off to Cohiba land.  

Hook, line, and sinker, the lot of ya.  Now where's my James Bond laser contraption?

Good thing this is just for fun.  I would hate to be limited to one "anything" for the rest of eternity.

1. H. Upmann

2. Monte #1

3. VR Clasicos

...and I'd also like some magic pudding. :D

• Like 2

A friend of mine sent me a box of R&J Cazadores back in 95, absolutely incredible cigars. I remember thinking I could smoke just these cigars for the rest of my life. I couldn't wait for dinner to be over to have one. I think I smoked that box in 24 days, I gave one away as a gift. So order me up a few thousand boxes of those and show me the island.

• Like 4

1. Ramon Allones

2. RASS, PLMC or HUPC. Would pick one at random and be content for the rest of my days.

3. You caught me on my heels! I still haven't tried a PL Magnum or 60s-era RA or HU, so I can't say for sure...

• 3 weeks later...
On 3. Juli 2017 at 6:03 AM, JohnInCleveland said:

I'm aware that similar threads have existed, but I'm putting a little spin on this and hoping it sparks some interesting responses...

1.  You only get one brand to smoke for the rest of eternity.  You can have anything under that brand in perpetuity.  

2.  You only get one cigar to smoke for the rest of eternity.  Non regional editions, regular production cigar

3.  You only get one cigar to smoke for the rest of eternity, no restrictions, new or old, doesn't have to be readily avaliable.

1. Hard decision between Trinidad and LGC

2. Can't decide between Cohiba III or HDM de Dieux

3. That's an easy one: ERDM Tainos 

The Jinn will certainly need one of my humidors!

I would choose a Lonsdale. Dalia or Cervantes...

Seleccion Privada #1, Upmann Lonsdale, Partagas Lonsdale, Diplo 1... hell, my stipulation is that it would be rolled with care, tightly packed and firm. It need be excellent and brand-less, made with Cuban leaf. I don't even want a damn band on it to pollute my island! I would want them in cabs of 50 so that I could open a new box for every cigar! I could smell the grand bouquet, redolent of heaven. I could revisit boxes and pretend that there was a difference, much like people do today!!!

At 42 or 43 ring I could smoke what I want and dispose the rest. I could cut it down to fit my mood...

The Jinn could torment me by placing random brand names on the boxes so I could toy with profiles. The 'brand' does not matter! It never has... The Jinn knows it... and I know it too but we could discuss it anyway. I would insist that he/she sometimes smoke with me to keep him honest... We could have blind tastings, where I would miserably fail...

-Piggy

• Like 4

1, can't decide between Upmann and Partagas as both have good spectrum of strong and subtle  

2, Des Dieux

3, Des Dieux.

Looking back on this, its such a shame I don't find more HDM interesting.

The real answer however is.  I want an oral history of some of the greatest blenders/growers their ever were. A fabulous library of tabacco horticulture. Some cryogeniacally frozen cuban seed from all era's dating back to 1880s

How good would it be to be shipwrecked at 30, and be smoking your own perfect cigar at 90. home grown, home cured, home rolled.................................................. or maybe just a De Dieux... a boat load of De Dieux.......I just had a terrible thought about being marooned on  beach watching my boat of De Dieux sink in the reef, then seeing them all bob around on the ocean.!!! 

Needless to say I would fish, and dry them all out, and rename them Molinos

1: Upmann

2: Sir Winston - green box please

3: Hamlet Salamones

• Like 1