La Escepcion Don José Regional Italia 2015

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Italians do it better

Ugh.. Do not buy! No beuno! Don Jose? No Way Jose! Seriously..do not buy.....until I've grabbed a box or two to sample from.....

Did someone mention Don Jose?? Just smoking one now

Have these made a 24:24 appearance?

Doubt they will, being an Italian RE

Have these made a 24:24 appearance?

There is a split thread about flipping cigars that explains exactly why this won't happen. No retailer outside of Italy can get these first-hand, and I don't think our host sells cigars acquired from secondary sources...

Has anyone actually smoked one of these?

If not can someone provide a link to a review anywhere? I can't find anything on them.

I know they're new but just wondering if all the hype is solely based on the rep of the Selectos Finos.

Received a box last week and lit one as soon as I cracked the box open. Great burn throughout with all the typical Habano flavors you'd expect from a premium stick but much more milder (e.g. Cohibas, BHKs...). Last 1/4 left a minty taste and it was delicious!

I think with a little aging these will be exceptional.

• Like 1

Great burn throughout with all the typical Habano flavors you'd expect from a premium

I think with a little aging these will be exceptional.

At that price this is a required minimum!

As for the aging I wonder what makes you think so...

The cigar is surprising mild for something released under the La Escepcion label.

It's already good, it's very well rolled which allows it to offer a nice evolution from mild to a solid medium, with balsamic notes that reminded me the old Longos (discontinued in the 80's).

Now, is it better than a good Connoisseur #1, or Epicure #1? IMHO, no, and it costs the double. But it's certainly a different habano, on this point it's an achievement.

• Like 3

The cigar is surprising mild for something released under the La Escepcion label.

It's already good, it's very well rolled which allows it to offer a nice evolution from mild to a solid medium, with balsamic notes that reminded me the old Longos (discontinued in the 80's).

Now, is it better than a good Connoisseur #1, or Epicure #1? IMHO, no, and it costs the double. But it's certainly a different habano, on this point it's an achievement.

It is not strong at all. I dont understand the comments saying they will improve w age. Makes no sense to me. They are good now. Reminds me of a smaller Conn. A. I definitely get more Upmann than any other marca in them.

Frank, if youre buying them at double the cost of a 6 or 7 dollar Conn. 1, please share your source!!!

It is not strong at all. I dont understand the comments saying they will improve w age. Makes no sense to me. They are good now. Reminds me of a smaller Conn. A. I definitely get more Upmann than any other marca in them.

Frank, if youre buying them at double the cost of a 6 or 7 dollar Conn. 1, please share your source!!!

Italy.

More like 3x the cost with shipping!!!

• Like 3

Nope. 375 euro is not 2x cost of conn. 1.

No, it's even less than that!

Shlomo, to be fair, you'd have to compare regular prices, incl. tax, and not with Rob's prices. Otherwise its comparing apples with oranges.

The regular price of a Conny 1 in the same LCDH where you'd buy the DJ, would be about 60-70% of the DJ.

Living in Europe, a similar figure holds for my and I guess also for Smallclub's country.

But I am sure you were just kidding and not really expecting to secure a box below retail price.

Because that's what everybody says so it must be true and people parrot it.

Ever notice that there are no bad cigars anymore, just cigars in a sick phase or cigars that "will be outstanding in a few years"?

I'm beginning to sound like Pigfish :)

You mean.......sheeple?!!? SHEEPLE!!!

• Like 1

I'm heading to the south of France (Menton) about a mile from Italy on the French / Italy Riviera. Towns that

are nearby are SanRemo and Ventimiglia. I'm hoping to find a tabac shop in either of those town and

scorea box. I will look for some French RE's because I'll also be in Nice where Flamme Fumee.

Any suggestions I'm all ears.