La Escepcion Don José Regional Italia 2015

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Italians do it better

Ugh.. Do not buy! No beuno! Don Jose? No Way Jose! Seriously..do not buy.....until I've grabbed a box or two to sample from.....

Did someone mention Don Jose?? Just smoking one now

• 5 weeks later...

I've smoked these off and on fairly regularly since release and find the blend's strength and complexity quite to my taste....

• Like 3

Shame it will be a shorter and fatter jar but probably still nice....

2 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Or they will use the same jar they used for the Selectos Finos. That contains 30 Selectos Finos so it has enough space to hold 25 Don Joses.

2 hours ago, losttrailer said:

to a lot of people ( me included ) they seemed to be quite pricey at that time, from today's perspective . . . not 001biggrin.gif

True, and also they weren't that good fresh either, way too harsh... but they certainly evolved amazingly.

This thread got me to try another one for checking its progress a year after boxing. Actually interesting, as this stick appeared fresher, to not say a bit "greener", than the ones I had before. Excellent construction as always, snug draw as I like it, and still that slightly difficult and not always self-correcting burn of the wrapper. However, in the case of this cigar I am sure that will smooth out given time. Attest them a long life. Good to excellent so far!

In celebration of a memorable day - saluting all my American friends!

LEsc_DJ.JPG

These were really really good fresh.  I smoked a few and haven't touched them since April.  I view them like a view my RACF.  Excellent cigars I won't have the opportunity to buy anytime soon, so enjoy them but stash a few away for the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2016 at 11:56 AM, TheMonk said:

Any pics so far?

On 09/11/2016 at 2:58 AM, Habana Mike said:

On 09/11/2016 at 5:14 AM, in0gravity said:

Or they will use the same jar they used for the Selectos Finos. That contains 30 Selectos Finos so it has enough space to hold 25 Don Joses.

From Instagram, 400 jars

IMG_20161119_145405.jpg

From Instagram, 400 jars

IMG_20161119_145405.jpg

Nice, fat pot. I like it.

Price I heard is rather steep but considering that the regular Don Jose box runs 375 euros already, not terribly surprising. Also, you get two boxes and a jar for your 1k if my information is correct.

3 minutes ago, JLFIRST said:

I was not impressed with the rerelease

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I had my first the other day and would say it was quite good. Sometimes a young cigar get's worse as you get to the final third but mine got better throughout the experience. More floral than woody with some sweetness to it.