What we love about Italy

Thank for sharing Ken. Have been on a successful crash diet since returning from Cuba six weeks ago. I could eat pasta every day, so you can imagine how tempted I was to lick the screen of my iPad when I saw this...

Someday I will get to Italy.

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing Ken! Perhaps a little biased, but as my dad likes to say, two kinds of people in the world: Italians and those that want to be. While not entirely true, we certainly do know how to live the good life.

• Like 2

Pretty much the pinnacle of civilization.

Although that guy with the hair forearms making parmesan really needs to be wearing long sleeves . . .

I can recommend the book "Head over Heal" by Chris Harrison. He is an Australien who met an italian girl and followed his heart and her to live in southern Italy. He writes about his life and his struggels and joys to accomodate to the soo different italian lifestyle.

The book is funny and if you know italy, you will immediately feel with him. It's a great read.

When I was in the army in the early 90's I used to play German-American Football and we had a guy from outside of Savona Italy on our team. Took me and two other guys back to his hometown and exposed us to all those goodies over a four day weekend. Thing I really liked were simply the people and how outpouring they were in their hospitality. A friend stayed with him and his family their neighbors opened their home up for myself and another. We stayed up late and woke up early and chipped in with the family chores which they were grateful for and it helped get things caught up so we could enjoy each others company in the afternoon and evening. I'll never for get that experience and how much I did not look forward going back to the base and it's Chow Hall.