Cancer Strikes Again

I seldom write much here on the forum outside of the Formula 1 and news threads, occasionally I respond to other threads but not really write something such as this as I know the C word is something that pretty much affects us all one way or another either ourselves or someone we love has Cancer.

Tonight I learned of an extremely close friend, Dan, a father of two premature twin girls, he has a wife who is also going through post natal depression, he has just learnt he has inoperable stomach cancer after having gone in under the knife for what was supposed to be a minor operation for something what the docs thought was related to Chrones Disease.

Dans brother called me and broke the news...

I've had this terrible "Gut feeling" all week for some unknown reason..

Right now I can barely utter a word without breaking down, I can barely comprehend how Dan's wife Mary is feeling right now and I also don't know why I am now posting about it to you all. Perhaps it's this feeling of family we all have here at FOH, it's like speaking to someone you've known a long time?

Many have lost loved ones to Cancer, I myself have lost 2 uncles, an aunt, my Grand father and now losing the dearest friend I have to this horrible disease.

With all the money raised through charities, fundraisers, telethons, marathons, sport charities, the list goes on, why the f**k has no one found a cure to beat this!?

Apologies for what seems like a thread that has no formal direction, I don't know what I want to really say only that I needed to write this for myself, I feel like I need to put my feelings down in words because I really feel like I'm about to burst.

Take care of yourselves, each and every one of you. Go see a doc if you're feeling unwell, don't be embarrassed, it could save your life. sad.png

My dear Mika27,

I also know that feeling o too well. In a week ,I lost 2 good friends,One to Parcansion,and one to a heart failure . I loved

them both but that wasn't good n-nuff. I can feel your pain bro. and you gave some good advise.They were both youger

then me and the last one came to Cuba with me ,so, I know your feelings . It's a bad feeling indeed .

Guy

I am very sorry for you. And I know to well what your sorrows are.

From my own experience I know very well how does it feel to be confronted with the C-word and the treadmill behind it.

My sister and I were loosing my father and my mother because of cancer. My sister had breast cancer.

What had help me during the time of treatment of my mother was we shared laughter & tears, ups & downs, sunshine & rain and at least we talked about everything our feelings, doubts, worries name it. We enjoyed our time together, even it was a hard time.

I wish I could write a thread like you during the time. Be with your friend, show him your love and share your sorrow may be here. I think there are some members here with enough life-scares and how to get a long with.

And you are totally right - better save than sorry - go and see the doctor. Take your time for medical prevention because its your life.

• Like 1

My condolences. My good friends mother was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer about 2 years ago. She didn't have long to live, but their family made damn sure to make her life at that point extra special. Spending more time doing family things for instance. When she passed, they were heartbroken but they were glad they pulled together and made her last moments on Earth about her.

Mika, as Fuzz said make no apologies brother. In one way or another Cancer unfortunately has touched us all.

My thoughts and prays go out to you, Dan, and his family.

Cancer sucks. My dad has been battling pancreatic cancer for the last 7 years. Not bad for a disease that kills 75% in the first year. Regardless it's been an incredibly difficult 7 years for both he and our family. Most of the time his quality of life has sucked and it seems like it might be better to just give in. What a crappy disease that makes you think those things about your own father. It's one cause that I continue to support charitably in hopes that others won't have to go through what my family has.

Stay strong. It's the only way to get through it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Very sorry to hear of your friends cancer. Cancer does not care who it effects and for his wife this has got to be a huge huge thing for her to deal along with everything else.

Know how cancer is. My dad is battling stage 4 liver cancer and so far he had beat the doctors odds but we all know that sooner than later it will come to an end.

Just remember to cherish the time you have with your friend and be then for him no matter what

Well Mika as your original statement was how is it that there's all this money spent on the Big C research and still no cure... I hate to have to observe, it's money. It's believed there are several cures out here for cancer, A.I.D.S., etc. but "Big Pharma" as it's known, won't let them out because more money can be made treating a sickness than curing it. Way back in the '90's the herb Chapparral was plentiful in the GNC and other health food stores...until it was found that this stuff in conjunction with Red Clover and Pau d'Arco (also known as Taheebo) was actually shrinking tumors. And then suddenly govt. forces are showing up in the health food stores, standing over the proprietor and overseeing their destroying all that inventory. A few souls just kept and hid some bottles of it, and when they were diagnosed they secretly took it. They did not tell their doctor what they were taking. And they were told by the puzzled doctor, "Your tumors are shrinking!" I do not mean or intend to sound like one of those late night infomercials. I'm just relaying some info to you in answer to your question. And it's not to say that if the product can be found and used, "PRESTO!!!" the man will be cured. But just like with Jerry Lewis's Muscular Distrophy Telethons raising no telling how many BILLIONS from the '70's to the present, I had privately suspected that a cure would quickly be released if Jerry were to have a "talk" with them about possibly cutting off the juice. We all wish Dan the best. Some independently owned health food stores do still have Chapparral in their private inventory. Just mentioning.

My father was diagnosed with hairy cell leukemia 2 years ago. 1 and a half years later he was given the all clear...

In december he died suddenly of an unrelated stroke aged just 52.

I cry every day about it. Life is cruel and uncertain at times.

Keep the head up mate

I'm at a loss for words. Not much needs to be spoken that hasn't already been said. Just know that we at here for you. My thoughts and prayers go out to Dan and his family.

I sincerely wish your friend, and his family the best of support and care during what will be a very difficult time, mate. There are no real words that can put the gravity of these situations into perspective.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I will pass them onto Dan, perhaps if they allow they allow the laptop, he can read them.

You are all amazing people.