Cancer Strikes Again

Mika, as Fuzz said make no apologies brother. In one way or another Cancer unfortunately has touched us all.

My thoughts and prays go out to you, Dan, and his family.

Excactly my thoughts.Stay strong for your friend.

Sorry to hear your story

As someone who works with cancer patients, I can tell you we are making progress. It is slow, but noticeable to us in the field

There is no "conspiracy" to hide a cure, by the way

Sorry to hear about it.

Stay strong, he will need people around him to be strong, to push him to soldier on. Every smile and laughter you can get out of him is a victory in itself.

And to echo srrbones being in the similar field. Although it appears progress is slow, Each year there's a progress in cancer cure that I can see. In fact certain cancers are already "curable" (even though not many unfortunately).

Michael mate I'm very sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you and Dan and his family.

He's lucky to have you as a good friend and I'm sure he appreciates that especially at this time.

Mike

Michael, support the best you can. it is all we can do. We lost a gorgeous woman only a month ago to Cancer aged 46. Never smoked, lived large. Alex was a peach.

I know of a two month old. Family friend. Gorgeous little girl. Leukemia. How can any one justify that.

You give what you can give in support. You shed tears by the bucket load. You carry all the weight you can bear knowing full well it is nothing that they are carrying.

A mate walks in the door when friends walk out.

• Like 2

My condolences to you as well, Mik.

Was a tad depressing to read that original post. But the reception on this forum brought smiles on my side. Hope it's been doing the same to you, as well. Stay strong, now... For yourself and him.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for your loss. Well some say it's too profitable to treat cancer than find a cure. Hard to believe that's true. My dad has always said that if Hitler hadn't killed all the Jews in the Holocaust we'd probably have a cure (take it with a grain of salt, I'm Jewish btw).

• Like 2

Hiate sorry to hear your bad news be the best friend you can be that's all you can really do

Just rembrr there is always hope even when there seems like none

Cheers my friend

Sorry to hear,

there are alternatives to standard treatments though -

Enzyme therapy has saved a friend of mine.

PM sent

Mika I understand exactly where you are coming from, I lost one of my best friends five weeks ago to bone cancer/lung cancer and we thought she had another year or two to live . Funny thing she never smoked frown.gif

I still remember the call when she told me and my heart broke , I cry for her nearly every day and she is always in my mind.

Be strong, positive and make sure you enjoy every single minute with him as time is short but they just want their close ones to treat them as normal as he will deal with the pain/drugs/ doctors daily and they like to be spoke to like your normal conversation, don't treat them different.

Thoughts are with your Mika

Thank you so much again to you all.

Yes, I have been completely normal around Dan, I've had a few family members go through Cancer and pass away, I can almost and unfortunately say I'm seasoned for it and as such when I visited Dan in hospital I carried on as best I could. After all, he is still the same friend despite his appearance having changed dramatically. One look at his eyes and nothing has changed there.

So many great people on this forum, thank you truly from the bottom of my heart for all you messages and PM's. At the end of the day, Dan is the one suffering from this horrible illness, I almost feel selfish feeling so down about it all but he's "Family"and we as humans mourn and weep I guess because we love the people we surround ourselves with.

My thought also with all who have lost friends and family to this disease, I know I am not the only one - MIKA

• Like 2

I'm sure he feels blessed to have such a great support network – even one that may extend further than he is aware.

Has the family looked into Rick Simpson-style medical marijuana oil therapy and CBD strains? There are many natural, non-invasive therapies that are widely being documented as providers of extraordinary results. Best wishes.

There is no rationale for human suffering. There is no real justice, nor equality in living things. Understanding mortality, immortality and God has helped me through these times.

Knowing God has been a great gift in my life. I do not preach my faith… Like topics that cover a vast array of interests, I share my knowledge and experience from my heart for those who will see the benefit in it. This topic is no different.

The best advice that I can give to both you and your friend is to seek out God for help. I don't mean a slap in the head and the shunning of medicine! I mean the peace in understanding the temporary nature of our earthly existence and the eternity of life. The strength to see you through, regardless of outcome. The strength to support the ones you love, and the ones Dan has loved…

I am sorry for your news my friend. I will certainly say a prayer for you all.

-Ray

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mika, I have a lot of empathy for you. I lost my Dad to cancer as well as quite a few relatives. It seems to strike randomly and there is not much you can do.

I wish your friend the best. I hope he can make the best of things. It's definitely changed my outlook on life.

• Like 1