San Cristobal......where is it heading?

San Cristobal is in a state of flux.

Globally the Principe moves well enough. The La Punta moves slower. The Fuerza and El Morro move like a stone biggrin.png

It has always been my opinion that San Cristobal would benefit from a long skinny (38 gauge x 7 inch). The blend of San Cristobal lends itself to it.

My questions here are:

1. Do you enjoy San Crsitobal

2. Which one/ones

3. Are there any regular Fuerza or El Morro lovers? What is it that you enjoy. How would you sell those aspects to other cigar lovers.

4. Do you consider a long skinny as being a good match for the marque given it's blend?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brittanicas size...........now there's a dream I could have every night.......LOVE this size, probably my favorite size ever.......

WORD!

1)I love the Marca 2) I got a box for a rush event for my Fraternity and even the nonsmokers really enjoyed them. The consensus was that there was a definite dark sweetness like molasses in them.

I enjoy SCDH Principe and in its best examples is one of my favorite cigars. I would love to try other cigars of the marca but have just not gotten around to it. Are the other examples similar in flavor profile to the principe in peoples experience? I love the sweetness that to me is reminiscent of molasses. I think a long skinny would be the perfect match for the marque with its blend. The interesting sweetness would lend its self well to a delicate cigar.

Adore the Principe,have a lot of them.I like the La punta,but it is not one I keep regularly.

Had a couple boxes of Oficios,were good,did not restock.

Have had a few Fuerza,excellent stick,overpriced. Price these level with Rass or JL 2 and they would sell.

A lancero would interest me if the price was reasonable.

My answers are:

1. Very much so.

2. Loads of Principe, quite a few Fuerza, only a couple Punta, no Morro, as yet.

3. The Fuerza would be my change of pace cigar (as you say). I like that little bit extra in length than the normal robusto, to buy more time and just chillax. As it has been a while since my last, retrospectively, I think the Fuerza is the ultimate accompaniment to a stout.

4. Agree whole heartedly. Would be awesome to have a long skinny in the marque.

Only the Principe. Would love to see it as a long skinny. Maybe like a Partagas Super size?

1)I love the Marca

2) I got a box for a rush event for my Fraternity and even the nonsmokers really enjoyed them. The consensus was that there was a definite dark sweetness like molasses in them.

3) I have never tried them, but the La Fuerza is on my list to try/buy.

4) I think every Marca should have a laguito no 2 and a Britanicas size/shape. But that is just my opinion.

• Like 1

Love the Principe, have two boxes, and the La Punta is also a good cigar; have some from 2002. A Laguito 2 would be a great addition and I would buy it.

• Like 1

Smoked more Principes this winter than anything else. I've tried a few Puntas and enjoyed them, but have never grabbed a box. I've also enjoyed the Mercaderes as a morning stick when I had some. The long and skinny is intriguing but most likely, just wishful thinking

Like most here, I am a fan of the Principe. The only other vitola I have tried is the Oficios, which I also enjoyed. I like the corona-ish size and thought it lent itself to San Cristobal.

Is San Cristobal eligible for Regional Editions? Thought it was a marca that HSA did not want to use for those releases, although anything's possible from them these days.

San Cristobal is in a state of flux.

Globally the Principe moves well enough. The La Punta moves slower. The Fuerza and El Morro move like a stone biggrin.png

It has always been my opinion that San Cristobal would benefit from a long skinny (38 gauge x 7 inch). The blend of San Cristobal lends itself to it.

My questions here are:

From time to time

2. Which one/ones

More than not El Principes with the occasional La Punta - have boxes of both in the humi

3. Are there any regular Fuerza or El Morro lovers? What is it that you enjoy. How would you sell those aspects to other cigar lovers.

Couldn't tell you

4. Do you consider a long skinny as being a good match for the marque given it's blend?

I think I'd enjoy a SCDLH Delicados or Carlotas immensely. Taking suggestions for the next AP RE?

I'm neutral about San Cristobal. I've smoked my way through a box of El Principes, tried an Oficios and currently have a box of 2001 El Morro. I've enjoyed all of them but none have blown me away.

I agree a long & skinny would be a good match for the marque but I'd like to see a Panatela size as well; something along the lines of the RG Panatelas Extra.

I'm currently enjoying a box of El Morro that Diana suggested as an alternative to another Churchill. It's a bit bigger than churchill but smaller than double corona. Nice all around smoke, but the box needs more rest before being properly judged. I would order again, but particularly if it came a bit smaller in the ring gauge.

A very underrated line which is worrying as low sales could jepordize their long term viability. My favourites from the SCDLH line are the El Pricipes.

I currently have some La Puntas, Murallas and Principes. I have had Oficios before.

I believe the El Principes and the La Puntas are standouts. The Murallas are a bit of a luxury considering the price.

In my opinion, the Oficios, when it was made, was often plagued with construction issues.

Now that the general construction quality has lifted, I would welcome the Oficios (or something similar in size) again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For a change of pace i go for the La Fuerza, it is a smooth cigar with no harshness. It is the only one that i tried from this marca.

Love the buttery quality of the fuerza, not keen on the principe though. The other vitola size are not to my taste so not ventured to them. Although neither is the fuerza to be fair. Its a lovely smooth relaxing cigar but its not going to blow you away

I see cuts in the future, no idea how the morro is still around

2. Which one/one

I've never been without a box of El Principe in the last 10 tears! I also enjoyed a box of Oficios, and the occasional Murallas and Mercaderes

Every Fuerza and Morro I have smoked has been a disapointment. To me they lack balance: the flavors can't be expressed without the support of a minimal strength.

When I dream of cigars, I dream of a corona grande, cervantes, or even a delicado, based on the blend of the El Principe…

My two favorite marcas are H. Upmann and SCDLH.

I enjoy all the vitolas of this marca. I especially enjoyed the Oficios, them were tasty cigars, too bad they're gone no.gif I would surely buy a Lancero from this marca.

1) Love San Cristobal - one of my top 3 marcas

2) Principe, La Punta and La Fuerza are all mainstays in my humidor

3) I have always had a good experience with La Fuerza - just finished a box from 05 and it was fantastic. Have a PSP box from our host sitting in the humidor right now that looks wonderful but I haven't tried yet.

4) Would love a skinny in SCDLH

• Like 1