San Cristobal......where is it heading?

I have had La Puntas that were the bomb. None of the others though. I would be up for trying more if I felt I was missing out by going with something else. The marca is like that ice cream flavor you think about every time then go with another 'cause you are certain you'll be getting back to it the next time.

Hmmmm. Might be time to revisit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brittanicas size...........now there's a dream I could have every night.......LOVE this size, probably my favorite size ever.......

WORD!

1)I love the Marca 2) I got a box for a rush event for my Fraternity and even the nonsmokers really enjoyed them. The consensus was that there was a definite dark sweetness like molasses in them.

I enjoy the El Principe for its rich molasses flavour, but I would struggle to stay interested if the cigar was much longer. I struggle with the La Punta for that very reason - too much of a good thing. Perhaps what I perceive to be a lack of complexity is what holds the brand back from wholesale enthusiasm from smokers?

The La Fuerza is much more subtle - cappuccino rather than espresso if you know what I mean, and I think the larger format is perfect for the blend. Ask me to choose between it and the Principe, I would on most occasions go for the Fuerza.

Long and skinny? Maybe if it was two parts Principe and one part Fuerza.

Brittanicas size...........now there's a dream I could have every night.......LOVE this size, probably my favorite size ever.......

• Like 3

Really enjoy this marca, have since its inception. A long skinny would be an excellent match for the profile.

Have had many boxes of the principes. Great little firecracker of a cigar. Also have had excellent luck with the El Morro, only with age though. Have had powerful boxes, full flavored and strong. La Punta's, have had a few cracker boxes and one that was just OK. Only one box of the La Fuerza, and was underwhelmed. I think that was original release, though. The two boxes of Oficios I smoked were great after the 5 year mark.

Would really miss this marca if it were not around.

im a fan of the la punta and i have been going through a box fater than i care to admit.

i agree with DWC with the thought on a Partagas Super size. i find myself smoking those fairly often as well.

I love the San Cristobal line and quite often enjoy the La Punta. It's the only cigar I have found unique with the Molasses profile.

The El Morros are over rated IMO, nice cigar but nothing beats a La Punta. :)

I have only had one box of principles. OEB MAR 07. I still have a couple sticks in it. Smoked one the other day and left me underwhelmed. Its not fair though to judge a brand on one box of one size imo. I should try some singles of more recent stuff to know for sure.

Of course I enjoy San Cristobal.......I'm an addict.

I've smoked them all and my favorites are La Punta and El Principe. I had an 02 box of La Punta's that was pure peanut brittle, wish I could have put that box on endless refill. I'm finishing up a heavenly box of 06 El Morro and have an ABR12 box sleeping.

I'm hoping to live long enough to see long and skinny come back into fashion........in cigars.

Had a San Cristobal La Fuerza 2005 and it was one of the most enjoyable cigar I have ever had no doubt!!!! The rest of the box is in my humi waiting for me!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wowsers Dan. Wish I had the luck you're enjoying.

The Siglo VI-esque shape is a real turn on. The taste, however :(.Mind you, never had one over 3 years...

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

• Like 1

I have only had one box of principles. OEB MAR 07. I still have a couple sticks in it. Smoked one the other day and left me underwhelmed. Its not fair though to judge a brand on one box of one size imo. I should try some singles of more recent stuff to know for sure.

Absolutely..........you will be surprised........

Tried a la Punta at lunchtime ; bit of an aged one as the local shop rarely sells any - thoroughly enjoyed it and so I'm smoking a Fuerza right now after dinner.. I'm smitten...pepper/butter/dried fruit /

It's a chewy smoke.. Might have to do a review one of these days..

I like the La Fuerza. It's a change of pace cigar for me. To me the El Morro is the best of them all, however they need time. They tend to get really good after 7 or 8 years (at least to me).

The Torreon on the other hand is smoking really good right now. And might only get better with some time in that Jar.

I don't know if San Cristobal needs a long and skinny but it is classified as a niche brand. So why not bring some niche vitolas to the marca? Like a Britanicas Extra or a Cosacos. Just a thought.

regards

Lars

• 1 month later...

My two favorite marcas are H. Upmann and SCDLH.

I enjoy all the vitolas of this marca. I especially enjoyed the Oficios, them were tasty cigars, too bad they're gone no.gif I would surely buy a Lancero from this marca.

Still lots of Oficios to be found in Cuba

Had an El Morro with 10 years on it last month. Tasted good, was well constructed but was quite subtle. I just would have prefered something livelier, a bit of spice or earth to keep me interested in the experience. Cigars that big are a time commitment and I'd rather they keep me interested with flavor transitions...

I would probably smoke another if priced reasonably or gifted but wouldn't buy a box.

1. Yes

2. Love the Principe. I'm deep on those.

3. Not a fan of the Fuerza..even aged ones. Have not tried the El Morro. Cigar Insider is touting it though. May give it a go.

4. A long and skinny would work well with this marca. Personally I wish all marcas would bring back the Corona and Lanceros, but this one desperately needs something the size of a PC or corona gorda.

I like the El Principe but I love the La Fuerza. I know there aren't many fans of this stick out there but to each his own. The only other one I've tried from this marca is the Muralla which was completely underwhelming.

• Like 1