San Cristobal......where is it heading?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brittanicas size...........now there's a dream I could have every night.......LOVE this size, probably my favorite size ever.......

WORD!

1)I love the Marca 2) I got a box for a rush event for my Fraternity and even the nonsmokers really enjoyed them. The consensus was that there was a definite dark sweetness like molasses in them.

The principe is the only one I have ever smoked bought A half box couple years back! I dig Lanceros from an EXPERINCED roller! I'd give them A whirle!

My main stay size is corona & petite corona and I would jump all over SCdlH if they put together something like that.

As others say the Principe is a mainstay in my winecoolers, the Fuerza is so-so as there are other better sticks in that size.

The Punta is a favorite and one that I pair with a Sancho Beli when I want someone to see a range of flavors in the same size cigar.

Please Habanos, SA put together a Corona or Lonsdale (my fav size ever)

I have only bought boxes of Principes and La Fuerza. To me they have lots of aromatics but dominated by some darker themes (somebody said molasses). I'm not sure if it's an age thing, blend or vitola, but they can come across charred, which is a big disappointment when you can taste potential and depth like that.

Also, the Unico/piramide extra (or whatever it is) is a big cigar. Just too much cigar for me to buy a box, and I am price sensitive. I shy away from the Fuerza for the same reason even though I have a bunch in the humidor, especially with the big dark impression it makes (on the ones I've had so far). A certain time and place are required.

I'd love to see a lancero, dalia or panatela. Concentrated but not overwhelming... a vitola that lets me control the heat vs flavour, reasonable size, and filling a niche that's largely missing in the HSA lineup. Each marque should have cigars in 3-4 rough size/vitola categories it seems to me (notwithstanding Cuaba's would be a double perfecto, etc), with a long & skinny being one.