Cuban Cigar brand you Can't stand

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar to food and drink, there are none I 'can't stand.'

I love the weird and wonderful when is comes to food, as such, my palate always seems to find something nice to take away from the majority of my cigar experiences.

Obviously some cigars are easily better then others, and some have been underwhelming, but nothing I really hate.

"Please if possible major brands, not Guantanamera or Quintero."

I'm not sure how to take this...

And 'Can't Stand' is a phrase that i think one puts on something they have some sort of

deep feelings against, and wouldnt take part in even if they did produce a great item.

That being said there is no cigar I 'can't stand', but RyJ is one line that has not impressed me - yet.

Diggin' my Quints tho! snooty.gif

Bolivar and Partagas,(less the short) try and try again, my pallet just cant get on same page.... I think its great to see that many of us dislike some of the top brands. More of a given IMHO many would dislike , Cuaba, SCDLH ERDM, etc by default... I am surprised to see so many Cohiba, Partagas, Bolivar here... teacher.gif

Never really connected fully with partagas profile.. With a few exceptions. Also, haven't had the bet of luck with RyJ. But I try not to exclude these brands completely. There is always hope

Add me to the Bolivar list. "Can't stand" is too strong but besides the BBF ( which seems way more complex to me than the rest of the line) there's not much I appreciate. I haven't smoked all of the. Cuabas but they are up there with Bolivar although nothing as good as the BBF.

Trinidad and Fonseca KDT & Cosacos. The No.1 I can tolerate. And the ONLY Partagas I never enjoyed was the Serie D 4 that so many rave over! Otherwise, most Partagas' are right on target for me! All the Cuabas I've ever tried were just wonderful! Sorry! neutral.gif

X2

I am mostly of the same view. There are cigars I don't necessarily love, but I can see a time and place for just about any CC I have tried.

I could split hairs and list some that don't generally agree with my pallette, but my real question is, "What do you do with cigars in your humidor that just don't do it for you?"

I have enjoyed cigars from all of the main Cuban brands so to say I "can't stand" a particular brand is not accurate. I appreciate them all.

But I do tend to stay away from Cohiba because I find them to be rather bland and far too much $$$. There are regular priced brands I like much better (SLR, Hoyo, R&J, JL, etc.).