What DON'T you like?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough question for me. Due to lack of consistency coming out of Cuba I have gotten a box I did not like then tried one from a friends box and enjoyed that same cigar. Also some cigars definitely need some age. I bought a Cab of PLPC 5 years ago that I thought was crap the first 8 cigars I smoked over the first few years I tossed. Now with sometime on the Cab they are marvelous. Had a few boxes of RASS I thought had no taste but recently purchased a box and they where great ROTT. At the moment the only cigar that comes to mind is the upman 46. Have a few boxes and have not enjoyed any thus far but have heard they need some years on them so will test them out in a few more years.

Not a big fan of...

Cuaba lineup

Cohiba Magicos (few were good but a few is not enough for me to continue to buy)

Monte 2 or Monte 4 (boring IMO)

Most Partagas

VR Don Alejandro I've never gotten along with

Juan Lopez I am unsure- I don't hate them but definitely not in love with them like I am Bolivar, SP, RA, and H.U marcas

Pretty much anything Partagas - yes, even the SdC series and P1. Heresy, I know, but what can I do. Out of my rather substantial stash, there are exactly 13 Partagas cigars (D4).

GOD YES.

I've only enjoyed one psd 4 I've had out of two boxes and several fivers. The 898 is ok but I DO love the corona senior. Otherwise I just don't go hunting for them.

Not too many smokes I would say I don't like, however I would never reach for the Monte Open crap...when I want a Monte I want a Monte. Most unpleasant smoking experiences I have had were due to a dud cigar or improper storage.

Juan Lopez just does nothing for me. i've tried. The only one I enjoyed was the JL 4 asian pac re.

I'm reconfirming this statement, had a JL 2 last night, just not for me.

Bolivar grassiness? I've never had grassiness from a Bolivar, and I've smoked several hundreds of them, in all sizes… confused.gif

hmm very interesting! I only had a few Bolivars and they all had that grassiness to them! I get the same sort of Grassiness from a CORO for example but not as strong or overpowering to other flavours!

I dislike grassiness in any cigar! Cohiba grassiness i can tolerate like one from a CORO but Bolivar grassiness seems way off to my taste buds!!

There is NO such thing as grass flavor in Bolivars. They are predominately EARTH,COFFEE and CHOCOLATE IMO. Unless you have counterfeits and they really have grass in them. Now Cohiba Robustos DO have a grass note to them, I have tasted that.

There is NO such thing as grass flavor in Bolivars. They are predominately EARTH,COFFEE and CHOCOLATE IMO. Unless you have counterfeits and they really have grass in them. Now Cohiba Robustos DO have a grass note to them, I have tasted that.

I don't have counterfeits as i trust my vendor and they did have a grassy taste into them and they were mostly Grassy and earthy(lead like earthiness too). Also the Cigars are not over humidified for sure.

Maybe they were too young. I will get a few more Bolivars and see how that goes.

Pretty much all Hoyo, JL, ERDM , PL & Puhch don't do it for me. Love my Bolivars, buy no gold mefals BBF or BRC, thank you.

Used to love SLR, but they cut the PC, reblended the Serie A & I never cared for regios., so I've gone long on DCs & PAcificos. Now with a few years age, those pacificos are rocking- turning into strong sweet cigars.