What DON'T you like?

There is NO such thing as grass flavor in Bolivars. They are predominately EARTH,COFFEE and CHOCOLATE IMO. Unless you have counterfeits and they really have grass in them. Now Cohiba Robustos DO have a grass note to them, I have tasted that.

I disagree. I've had grassy flavor in Bolivar Short Bolivars, Lonsdales, BGM, and even in some PCs. Then, I've had the strong earth and coffee in dark wrapper BCEs and BCGs.

Taste is subjective. Just because you haven't tasted it, doesn't mean it isn't there ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I've had grassy flavor in Bolivar Short Bolivars, Lonsdales, BGM, and even in some PCs. Then, I've had the strong earth and coffee in dark wrapper BCEs and BCGs.

Taste is subjective. Just because you haven't tasted it, doesn't mean it isn't there wink.png

X2 ...it's very subjective. Grass/earth/soil/harvesty... all in same realm

You guys and your flavors....

Who cares if one person's description doesn't coincide with yours. Stopping taking it so seriously. Either you like a cigar or you don't. There is no right or wrong in anyone's perceived flavor profiles. I love how everyone uses grass to describe Cohibas. Has anyone ever chewed on a blade of fescue... not just smelled grass???

Good topic;

1) Montecristo 2's - I have never been able to find a single stick that I have enjoyed. no.gif I find these overrated at best. In fact, I find a great many Montes which I do not enjoy, all excepting, 520's (My favorite cigar of 2013) Series D LE 2005 were brilliant (And my most favorite), Sublimes also brilliant but the rest of the Marca are non appealing.

2) Sancho Panza - Would you even call them cigars? ;)

Who cares if one person's description doesn't coincide with yours. Stopping taking it so seriously.

I think it's wonderful that there's so much passion like this. Disagree, agree, I love the discussion and the arguments. I may be right, you may be right - as long as we all agree we love cigars, the discussions become fun and intriguing. Some don't see it that way, but I love the enthusiasm.

Who cares if one person's description doesn't coincide with yours. Stopping taking it so seriously. Either you like a cigar or you don't. There is no right or wrong in anyone's perceived flavor profiles. I love how everyone uses grass to describe Cohibas. Has anyone ever chewed on a blade of fescue... not just smelled grass???

Spot on!! Don't tell other people that the flavours they are getting aren't right. If someone doesn't like a cigar, let them. The greater crime is to tell them to buy more and then they still don't like them... you've jsut wasted their money.

And for the record i have eaten grass before. It tasted like... spinachy grass. Surprisingly rough to chew on.

X2 ...it's very subjective. Grass/earth/soil/harvesty... all in same realm

errr… not at all actualy. Grass and earth are completely different. And no it's not THAT subjective, if it were SO subjective, there wouldn't be an industry of perfume… and wine testing meetings would be pointless.

Wine and perfume industries have their range of flavors/aromas on which everyone agrees, I can't see why it would not apply to fine cigars…

What is subjective is an individual's perception.

What some call strong, others may call mild. You say potato, I say potato...

I have a friend who dislikes Dalwhinnie Whisky because it's too peated and smokey. Not a description I would ever even think of when talking about Dalwhinnie.

Its not confined to cigars....other examples of subjective opinion are: temperature, fun, attractiveness etc...

Its like how some people swear and are convinced they know everything about a particular subject... Its their perception!

Its not confined to cigars....other examples of subjective opinion are: temperature, fun, attractiveness etc...

Its like how some people swear and are convinced they know everything about a particular subject... Its their perception!

Sorry but you're completely off the mark… Temperature is subjective????

Please explain us how wine makers or whisky distillers can take any decision concerning the profile of their products, if everything is subjective?

Sorry but you're completely off the mark… Temperature is subjective????

Please explain us how wine makers or whisky distillers can take any decision concerning the profile of their products, if everything is subjective?

Some may find a particular temperature as hot and uncomfortable, others will however find the same temperature as beautifully comfortable and ideal. For example, our hosts from Queensland visits me in in the Southern state and whilst I find our Spring time temperature as unbearably cold... I find it lovely. The opposite happens when I visit them.

In my opinion, a wine make, distiller can make any change they like that they feel will add a particular quality to their product... And I maintain that any individual consuming their product has the right to determine and allocate whatever opinion they wish to that blend.

As I said in my Whisky analogy in my post above, I may not agree with someone else's opinion/ perception / description.... but who am I to tell someone it's not cold outside when they're wearing a coat and have goosebumps... while I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Edit: and to be clear, because it seems accuracy of description is imperitavely important, I should have used the word "comfort" instead of "temperature".

Withering and brutal out down lol! You've probably made someone at HSA cry! biggrin.png

Well....someone has to tell HSA the truth lol3.gif What better forum to get this advice from than the FOH team!! ok.gif

I might have to go in hiding now, HSA might send out some hit men. ;)

SLR regio- I got one at the Toronto herd and didn't think it tasted like anything.

Juan Lopez #4- another cigar that I thought was terrible. Horrible acrid cigar, although to be fair, it must have been a really bad one.

There are countless NCs that have been bad. I don't like Padrons for the most part except the family reserve 85th.

Just had my first Monte Double Edmundo. Without question the worst cigar I have smoked in 10 years, and I am a Monte guy. I love Monte PE and #2's.

It was so bad, I'm scared to smoke another just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

• 2 weeks later...

Omg so many NC *moderated* there are far too many to mention. But here goes: Cifuentes Y CIA Partagas 1845, panama red, prensado Churchill(apparently ca no1 few years ago it's crap now but), virtually anything PDR, warlock, Spanish gallion, Rocky Patel (the few I have tried were not very good), AVO, Olivero honey sweet (disgusting), Bon Vito, Oliv, Rome + many other crap cigars I've smoked over the years. But then when you smoke a good one it makes the experience that much more enjoyable having had to wade through all the basic ones.

Edited by Fuzz
Language violation