Your Current "Go-To" Cigar, And Why?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When in doubt I reach for a Connie 1.....I am deep enough that I should not have to have one with less than 5 yrs on it....I just buy them when ever I see them on sale sent while mobile....

Punch Coronation, both for the price and it nerver let me down :-) Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Without a doubt. They are absolutely fantastic especially for the price. At its current price I'm tempted to grab a third box.

Hard to say for me, my 'go-to' is whatever I go for when I open the humidor...H Upmann more than others it seems but generally a different vitola each time - Sir Winston, Half Corona, Mag 46, Connie #1, Coronas Major, Mag 50, Connnie A or #2.

Of course there's always the RA, Boli, Partagas, Montecristo and Cohiba I reach for as well. That and the occasional RyJ, SCDLH, HdM, Punch, Trinidad, LGC, QdO, JL, PL and SP.

Guess I really don't have a 'go-to' cigar pooped.gif

• Like 1

Currently been smoking a lot of a few of La Aurora's offerings:

La Aurora Corojo robusto (really complex and consistent)

Fernando Leon coronas (creamy wood with citrus)

Gran Reserva 2003 Preferidos (Dominican puro, 10-year-old one-time production that has all the great elements of a good brandy. Been picking them up on sale when I can and will be sad to see these gems go for good)

Been on a break from CCs for a few years ($$$) but am ready to get back on the wagon. The last CCs I had were a 3-year Bolivar GM shared with my father (who exclaimed "That's the best cigar I've ever had!") and a ~4 year RASS which needs no introduction.

• Like 1

If I reach into my "NC" Coolidor, I usually end up with a Drew Estate Liga Privada No. 9 or T52 Belicoso. Great construction, great flavor profile, TONS of smoke (which I personally enjoy), and overall a wonderful smoke.

If I reach into my "CC" Coolidor, I usually end up with a Partagas Serie P No. 2. Same reasons as stated above.

The Belicoso is my vitola of choice if you couldn't tell but I try to alternate between the two coolidors to keep my stock even.

• 1 month later...

When in doubt I reach for a Connie 1.....I am deep enough that I should not have to have one with less than 5 yrs on it....I just buy them when ever I see them on sale

sent while mobile....

• Like 2

When I think "go-to" cigar I think of something I know will be great when I really need it. Daily I'm rotating through RASS, RyJ Ex4, JL2, HdM Epi2, Monte 4. When I need something great without considering the obvious BHK54, that cigar has been the HdM Short Piramides 11. That thing is the cat's ass right now.

Everyday cc is gotta be the RASCC. I just love this marca. It's such a favorite that my poor ass has bought a box of Libano 30's. If my wife finds out, I'll be livin' in the box. Lol. Also, my nc go to is the DE MUWAT. They're like a can of coke. Same everytime. Now that winter is finally over, I have a mountain of churchills and lancero's to smoke. Poor me, I know.

Try to only smoke at weekends to keep my consumption down. Weekend staples are; Hoyo du gourmets in the morning, because i love the size, and they go so well with a single origin espresso and Juan Lopez PC as they are stunning young and I cant get enough of that stone fruit flavour I get from them

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

I'd have to say that the BPC over the last couple years has become my go-to cigar. Smoked through box of 12' then MUR Feb 13' and just got another box of the same in 2 weeks ago and their already so smokeable I've smoked 5 from that box. Just hits all the buttons for me, flavor, size, strength, cream, coffee, spice, tobacco, a little bitter chocolate, and intensity of the flavor marca which is a big thing for me, stand up and show me what u are for a cigar oh and they have the bolivar earthiness which I love, and price is always right with these.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Partagas Serie D no. 5s. They're sadly somehow more expensive than. The D4s but they're absolutely delicious and almost never suffer from inconsistencies.

Plus they are almost always fantastic ROTT.