what is your absolute favorite "special" cigar to smoke

I personally don't reserve what I would consider my "special stock" only for special occassions (cgr and mgr are 2 exceptions), I practice smoking my stock "special" or not as I feel the desire although I do practice tight moderation with my high end stuff. Tonight for example I felt the urge to smoke a ra phoenicio since I decided not to burn one last week in the dominican because of how most of the sticks were burning (and lack of a torch) due to the high humidity and it has delivered in spades tonight (paired wonderfully with the new diet Pepsi wild cherry!). What is your all time fave "special" cigar to smoke occassion or not? Mine would be the cohiba sublime '04 with special mention to the aforementioned phoenicio, monte sublime, conde 54 and 1966. Bearing in mind "Special" being completely subjective...

Special to me is something I know is smoking extremely well not a one off stick or a 5er I bought but something that is aged and glorious. Actually these cigars would apply to everyday smokes as well, I enjoy the versatility tremendously.

Such sticks would be rass, d4, or cce with 5 years or more on them. I have an 04 sublime, phoenicios, vr da 5th anni, conde 54 in the desktop as singles but if it's not something I am positive will deliver in spades then it is not a special occasion smoke for me.

hmmm it probably sounds naff but I approach each cigar as a special occasion due to weather conditions here. I hardly ever decide what I'm going to have before I open the humi up so it's whatever feels right at the time whether it's a cheap and cheerful or an eye water stick. Eg today I grabbed a Siglo VI and it was fantastic. A few days ago I grabbed a Quintero Panetela and it was also fantastic. In terms of enjoyment they were both special occasions (Sun was out!) and I enjoyed them both equally as much; they were obviously different in terms of tastes and ethos but genuinely as enjoyable as each other. This week I look back fondly on both sticks!

I really can't say I have a special cigar within my modest inventory. Whatever I have a taste for could change depending on the situation or occasion. I'll put it this way, I only have one box of cigars which I will not smoke at the moment... thats the Boli Petite Belli LE. Any other cigar could be my "special cigar". Anything from a PC to a DC LOL

I guess we all have different perspectives. I don't have what I consider different "tiers" of cigars - but perhaps that's due in part to the

fact that I don't smoke every day. I believe every cigar I smoke should taste great, otherwise I find it pointless to light up at all.

I was gifted a Monty Especial early on when I began smoking cigars. I was floored someone would just give me a Cuban cigar. I set it aside in a display humidor I had and waited about a year before I smoked it and remember it being the most amazing cigar I'd ever had. I stumbled across a couple of boxes of '98's for a great price that I have been sharing with friends when we celebrate their b-days, promotions, etc. That cigar always reminds me of the generosity I was shown so I pass that along on special occasions.

I don't typically call something my own "special occasion" but always go to the Boli PC when I'm celebrating and want that "sure thing" cigar. These were my first box purchse after getting some samplers and is the cigar I always stay stocked up on and never has let me down.

Everything is open to smoke except 3 specific Marcas that I will smoke from on specific dates

2000 partagas Seleccion privada No. 1. This box was gifted to me by a very generous botl to smoke on my daughter's birthday. She was born in 2000.

2008 montecristo sublime - the year i got married. Only smoke one on my wedding anniversary

2010 montecristo grand Edmundo - the year my son was born. Only smoke one on my son's birthday

Everything else is fair game!!

They're ALL special to me!! :cigar:

I still have a couple of Cuban Davidoff's left along with a few cigars from the 40's and 60's. I deem those to be "extra special".

Otherwise, I consider the following to be "special"

Cohiba Lancero

Cohiba Esplendido.

Cohiba Siglo VI

Any BHK.

Lusitanias

Punch DC's.

RACF.

For special occations or gatherings depending on how much time I have I will go for:

Monte #4 Gran Reserva

Edmundo Dante Conde 109

LGC Medaile D'or #1 - 1998 box

• 2 weeks later...

I ahbe thought a out this again. I don't smoke that often so each cigar is essentially special. Sounds corny or cliche but essentially true. I find myself reaching for the 1966 the bhk the htf more and more because they just taste good even if they are more pricy over what i may consider cheap and cheerful I don't have much time so I don't want to waste it on something I like less just for hell of having a stick in my mouth. Try to make each smoke count.

My weekly smoke rate won't break the bank. If my hobby was a 20 to 30 stick a week hobby, my thoughts may be diff.

My expeience only.

In short. My absolute fav is what I am smoking at the moment. Lgc mdo2

Whatever tickles my fancy the moment I look into my humis and grab will be my special cigar.

Pretty much.

My only disappointment is saving those "special" sticks for that special occasion only to get one that draws way too tight and puts you in a worse mood than before you started smoking.

Pretty much.

My only disappointment is saving those "special" sticks for that special occasion only to get one that draws way too tight and puts you in a worse mood than before you started smoking.

Ditto!!!!!

Otherwise, I don't touch my Punch RS 11's and my Dip 4's. The flavor of those hits my holy grail of taste buds and because it's discontinued, so I don't touch them only for special occasions.