Do you smoke in your home?

Hi everyone,

Since joining the forum just a few days ago, I have done a fair amount of reading through new and old topics, and one thing that caught my attention was the number of photos I came across where the poster appears to be smoking inside a house. Obviously, I don't know the context of the picture, so for all I know it could be similar to a crack house, only this one is for cigar smokers who appoint their abandon homes with fine furnishings and have the utilities connected.

As for me, I have only smoked in my own house when I was a bachelor, but I did have a room dedicated to it, too.

I guess I hadn't given it much thought until today, and now I'm curious how many of you do smoke in your own home? If you do, under what conditions, i.e., only one room, throughout the house, only with windows open, etc.?

I'm recently married with a little step-daughter that has respiratory problems, so no cigars are lit in my place, but she's worth it (and then some!).

Cheers!

Joe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason,

I don't know what kind of cigars you smoke but none of mine have ever smelt like ass!

Used to sone in the house in a dedicated room with a ventilation system, but when we downsized and moved south if the temp drops for a few days I simply smoke in the garage

I do. My house. Visitors can disappear into one of the other "smoke free" rooms.

99% of the time I smoke outside on the front stoop of our smoke shop in playa del carmen. 1% of the time, during parties and such, I will enjoy a smoke in our place. Granted its an apartment and with the weather here the windows are always open. If I was back home in the good ole USA, it would be 75% B&M, 15% golf course or other outdoor activities and 10% in the garage while toolin on the motorcycles and such.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631676,-87.070675

I smoke inside and anywhere in the house but of course I use commun sense and don't stink up

the house by puffing away like a madman, there's a place and time for everything.

I have a smoking room in the house where I can relaxe when I want to meditate or listen to

some music.

The cigar room is ventilated by an air filter and fitted with an ozone option,for the rest of

the house I use an air cleaner ( lampe Berger) and it works fine.

In 40 years, my wife has never complained about my cigar smoking or where I smoke, for me, it's

just a question of when,where & how.

I smoke in my house. In my living room where the big tv and comfy furniture are.

Not anywhere else.

I like to relax in the evenings.

I run a room air filter and like to burn a scented candle.

The key is removing the dead soldiers after you have smoked. Oh and Fabreeze can help as well.

I understand ozone is another option but have never used it.

The windows of opportunity here for smoking outside are not large due to the wind/cold in the winter

and the heat and bugs in the summer months.

Outside or at the one the cigar bars in montreal. My wife tells me she does not mind if i wanted to smoke indoors next to our balcony door but I dont want to for the sake of my son.

During warmer months I'm out on the patio, during winter I'm in the garage with the door cracked. However, the best indoor venue in the area seems to be dimly lit, music playing, and women dancing around :innocent:

In the winter Matthew and I smoke in the living room (city) or dining room (cottage) where we can open up lots of windows and blow the offending smoke away. Then I Fabreeze bomb and keep the windows open for a while afterwards. No one ever says our house smells like cigars and we have visitors for dinner all the time.

This is only in the winter when outside looks like this:

photo-92.jpg

LOL

I smoke in my house. In my living room where the big tv and comfy furniture are.

Not anywhere else.

I like to relax in the evenings.

I run a room air filter and like to burn a scented candle.

The key is removing the dead soldiers after you have smoked. Oh and Fabreeze can help as well.

I understand ozone is another option but have never used it.

The windows of opportunity here for smoking outside are not large due to the wind/cold in the winter

and the heat and bugs in the summer months.

In what part of the world do you live?

Interesting to hear everyone's style; thanks for sharing.

We are currently saving for a larger home since we have grown into one, larger family in the last month. I hope I can swing a hobby room for me and my vices.

Joe

For sake of my wife and kids, I take it outside. I enjoy the fresh air too.

+1

I have two little one's that I don't want to subject to the smoke. However, when it was just my wife and me I used to smoke in the house wherever I wanted, she didn't mind. Winter just makes for a smaller opportunity to enjoy the hobby.