Getting to know each other's Avatar/Name

FOH is tops in the cuban cigar forums and I am proud to be part of the community. As a daily user of the forum, of course I have become familiar and have become fast friends with a number of us here.

Having said this, I have always wondered what many of the Avatars symbolize to them as well as their FOH name (if other than their real name).

As for me:

Avatar: Larry Bird with Red Auerbach after winning an NBA Championship. I have been a lifelong Boston Celtic Fan and Larry Bird is my favorite basketball player of all time.

Name: Leaflover. Have loved smoking leaves of three different species. Only smoke the cigar type now.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was excited for a second I thought Smithy was posting

My avatar of Anthony Bourdain symbolizes a person that has recongized his faults, owned them, made amends, and is a man of the people. He achieved success in his own way and on his own terms. He ta

Cool thread. LordAnubis because i am a HUGE Stargate SG-1 (and Atlantis and Universe) fan and i liked the Anubis character. Sometimes i use a username of CommanderThor. Another cool character on the s

My avatar of Anthony Bourdain symbolizes a person that has recongized his faults, owned them, made amends, and is a man of the people. He achieved success in his own way and on his own terms.

He takes nothing for granted and comes across as well grounded.

He examines cultures from the bottom up and values the simple things in life.

• Like 1

My avatar is a picture of a cat with the words underneather, "The voices in my head are telling me to kill you " It scares the hell out of Rob so I like it..I know how much Rob hates cats :D

Awesome.... :no:

Hello Fellow FOHers,

My avatar is from the movie '1941' and shows the star John Belushi enjoying a cigar. I liked this picture because I both liked the movie and all John Belushi movies, and I am also a student of World War 2 history. So, I can kill two birds with one stone.

My user name is just my AOL e-mail address name.

Thank you,

Curtiss

*OHHHH - what a WONDERFUL forum topic! I call myself CigCars because when I would go to the various tobacconists and view the cigars I would always compare them to various automobiles (my second interest). I'd look at say, Fuente Fuente Opus X and figure that one was a Jaguar . A Davidoff Gran Cru and that one was a Lincoln Continental, on and on. In 1997 I decided to write a coffee table book called, "Cigcars," and listed over 60 various cigars to as many numbers of autos with the opening of it acknowledging this is "highly subjective" in opinion. I never got it professionally published though and that is just as well: I'd made the rounds of numerous "Cuban cigars" which I know now were fake/falso/counterfeits! It would not have been properly reviewed.

*I love cute little doggies. They do things to my heart. My sister recently sent me an email from her job (which is now this current avatar) that had as its caption, "SUCK IT UP, CUPCAKE!" Upon LOTS of painstaking effort, I finally managed to get it up on my photo profile. And there you are! :no:

*I LOVE seeing what the rest of you guys' avatars (and background story) are all about. I'm curious as hell, but too bashful to ask about them.

Love Anthony Bourdain , love his show and he books

My avatar is a picture of a cat with the words underneather, "The voices in my head are telling me to kill you " It scares the hell out of Rob so I like it..I know how much Rob hates cats :D

*Thank you, Lisa! I've always wondered FOREVER what those words were under your feline's picture (print too small for me to see!) NOW my mind can be at rest! :no:

My avatar is just something that I thought looked nice. A bit of smoke in the shape of a woman.

My name is my nickname I've had since I was 3-4. Imagine a 3 year old Asian kid with 6 inch long hair that stands up in tufts (kinda like the Sun's solar flares) and you'll understand why.

Great thread!

OK. My avatar is a picture of me smoking a Trinidad Robusto T outside of the Arena in Verona Italy this past September. As for the FOH name....sigh.....

One of my best friends is Indian(East). So he'd toss some words in our conversations just for fun. As an Italian I'd always get asked about what the best nasty words can be used for effect. He is basically obliging me with a few words as well.

Bund = "ass". Wallah = "person".

As big fans of Seinfeld we both enjoyed the episode where Kramer gets someone else vanity plates that said "Ass Man". So I put together the above two words to make "Ass Man" in Indian. (And forgive me. India has tons of languages and dialects. So the actual language escapes me. But I believe its Hindi.)

I created the username "bundwallah" as a separate email identity to sign up for free tech stuff, promotions, forums :no: etc so that my actual email address wouldn't get bombarded with crap. Over time I've managed it down to a somewhat useful identity and have kept my email accounts with that name clean. So basically, its my username for "fun stuff" on the Internet that I don't want to associate with my regular ID. It was meant to be a toss away but it's become handy. :D

Habanos2000 started as I attempted to find an email address that wasn't already taken...back probably around 1998. I tried habanos, already taken, habanos1, already taken, my final attempt was what I ended up with, somewhat tied in with the Habanos 2000 millenium reserve release.

Firstly, for Frank, aka Bundwallah - glad I didn't drunkenly relate that story for you on here. We all got quite the chuckle out of it at the Toronto Get-Together back in October.

As for my avatar and nickname, as my profile's "About Me" page states here, I'm a Canadian who's got a background in search & rescue, from the ground/urban perspective, working with various different police agencies in our region (Ontario is split up between 23-odd teams, covering 6 regions). It doesn't fully pay the bills (it's on a volunteer basis, similar in setup to volunteer firefighters almost), but it's a true passion and a dedication/profession.

And, the picture is of the epitome - a Canadian stereotype (beaver), flashing some tail, while showing a bit of skin ink. ;)

Besides, you wouldn't want a real picture of me in my avatar. You all just couldn't handle my sheer beauty....

post-6965-1292810155.jpg

post-6965-1292810173.jpg

Thanks again :huh::no: to Frank for releasing that last picture on here. Very much appreciated. :D

;)

I hate working on Lisa's computer. The cat freaks the hell out of me :rolleyes:

My avatar picture is of Tom Waits.

I'm not a particularly huge fan... but I do like to listen to his stuff as part of my regular rotation.

This pic was mainly chosen because I really liked this piece, by one of my favourite portrait photographers - Ulvis Alberts

Avatar is a photo somebody took of me at a party a few years back. Long hair, huge sideburns, a pipe and a dressing gown. It was a fun night.

My name comes from Unbreakable. It was chosen because about 18 months ago I was thrown through a window and impaled on a shard of glass. After my recovery, I bought some cigars and inadvertently found myself with a new hobby and more friends.

Real name is Nick.

Interesting stuff. My avatar is of me on my honeymoon tis past May in Playa Del Carmen. One of the few moments I had to smoke a cigar.

My name is my first email address I got with AOL many years ago. It's a mix of the fraternity I was in at the University of Arizona. I've had it for over 15 years so I use it for everything.

Real name is Kevin