Getting to know each other's Avatar/Name

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was excited for a second I thought Smithy was posting

My avatar of Anthony Bourdain symbolizes a person that has recongized his faults, owned them, made amends, and is a man of the people. He achieved success in his own way and on his own terms. He ta

Cool thread. LordAnubis because i am a HUGE Stargate SG-1 (and Atlantis and Universe) fan and i liked the Anubis character. Sometimes i use a username of CommanderThor. Another cool character on the s

Avatar? I don't know. I just can't find one that suits me. For a while I used an image from Blade Runner but it was so small and blury that you couldn't tell what, or who, it was.

Stalebread came about from a visit many years ago to the Jazz Museum in New Orleans. There was a photo of a jug band from the very early 1900's, I think it was. The leader of the band was Stalebread Coleman. Good enough for him. Good enough for me. I adopted the name as a nom de plume even before I started using it on forums.

Hi my name's Mike and I'm a cigarholic. :D

I chose the name bolivr as Bolivar was the marca that I first had what I call an outstanding cigar from. It brought me back from the dark side of NCs and into the light. I had strayed from CCs as the quality problems of 99 - 01 drove me nuts. Since then of course things have developed (got out of control?) to other marcas and while I still love the classic Bolivar profile that you may find with the Gold Medal it is just one of my favourites now.

My avatar is of the original Gomez Addams played with great flair by John Astin. Here is a guy who could smoke a lonsdale while standing on his head, had a beautiful wife he lusted after, skills in a whole range of practical areas like blowing up model trains, seemingly unlimited wealth and a warped outlook on the world. In short, all that I am striving for :rolleyes:

I loved the Addams Family TV series as a kid for being so 'out there' for the times. Remember, in the early 60s passion between adults on TV was very limited and this show pushed the boundaries. It was like the flip side to the cloying sweetness of the Brady Bunch. You gotta love that :D

Avatar is a photo somebody took of me at a party a few years back. Long hair, huge sideburns, a pipe and a dressing gown. It was a fun night.
Superb, my friend, superb!

Brahms, one of many cigar-loving composers, is caricatured in my avatar. The (now-inaccurate) screen-name is self-explanatory.

The name bigfunkyg has always stuck for me because it's always avaliable whenever I need create a user account for anything on the internet. I have used it since I was 15. I had a thing for getting into mixing and becoming a DJ, I thought that would make a cool "stage name", but none of that panned out but the name stuck.

I am neither big (maybe slightly overweight and average height), or very funky (i'm a white guy too), but my name is Garrett and many of my friends just call me G.

The avatar comes from another nickname I earned. I am a accountant by trade and a co-worker coined me the name g-money a few years ago. It sort of stuck.

Garrett

I've been known by my initials CK for many years now and because FOH usernames have to be at least three characters and no symbols, I had to add the s at the end.

My photo is from the patio of Mugaritz restaurant just outside of San Sebastian, Spain. My wife and I went out to the patio after dinner and I enjoyed a smoke and a scotch. This photo has a lot of meaning to me because it frames two of my interest, but most importantly, its a great reminder of a moment I will never forget and that moment is forever lost in time.

I'm a college professor, and I am from Missouri originally. I have always loved the writing of Mark Twain and he is a well known cigar lover.

The avatar comes from a rare and widely sought after caricature from Vanity Fair magazine that was published in 1908. I have a nice framed copy of this print in my home.

Here is a link showing the full print... Twain is actually smoking a pipe.

http://www.vanityfairprints.com/pages/0000002494.html

The avatar is our yougest dog, Sasha Kahn, a Lab-Bernese Mtn Dog mix. She is nearly three now. My wife is a Jayhawk thus the pup's name...

My nickname is an abbreviation of my last name and has been my main nickname in this life...

My name Puros71 is what cigars are called in Spanish. A pure Cuban cigar, while the number 71 signafies the year of my birth 1971. The picture is of me drinking some Cuban cafe at the Partagas Factory shop in Habana.

Thanks again :huh::P to Frank for releasing that last picture on here. Very much appreciated. :D

;)

No problem. :D You're challenning a bit of Curly Stooge in that second photo. You should definitely make that your next avatar.

My avatar of a golf ball represents my passion for golf. I am also in the golf course management business.

My name rdb6 is short for my name, and was given to me by a close friend 25 years ago

rd=Ardie my first name,

b=first letter of last name hence rdb,

6=nothing, needed a number to open AOL acct years ago.

A fan of the rockumentary Spinal Tap. Stumpy Joe was one of their previous drummers that had died under bizarre circumstances...Scotland Yard said it was best left unsolved...

The avatar? Just was surfin the web and came across the image of a small child standing on a chair smoking a cigar...couldn't stop laughing...still makes me smile...and a perfect match to the user name.

Real name is Mike.

My name comes from my job, I'm a spackler and very good at making a bad sheetrock

job look good. A carpenter started calling me captain spackle and it stuck.

The avatar is my ride a 2004 HD Roadking Classic.

I love that bike, it's great to come home after a bad day at work jump on

my bike and blow all my troubles away in the wind.

My name I took long before I had my first cuban. It was my first aol screen name when aol first started. I knew Cohibas were great cuban cigars and I love James Bond movies, so I put the two together. My Avatar is a pic of me at my hotel pool in St Martin.

This was a publicity portrait of me taken for when I was being tried out as a TV current-affairs talk-show host. That fell through because I talk too much. What else would I use it for? :rotfl: