• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Ramón Allones superiores (ula oct 14)

I´m amazed. Absolutely lovely smoke. Yes, it has edges but no harness at all. Actually loved the darker notes coming from its youth. Made it well balanced with the fruity core.

Will be hard to keep my hands off. Do I really want to? :P

Though it has legs. lots of. Only has two boxes. Will go through one of them soon for sure.

I agree 100%. Only 8 left. Gonna have to get more or smoke the rest of my new acquisitions!

Theses showed up at work today and sampling one tonight was all I could think about until now...

post-21459-0-37625300-1438655118_thumb.j

post-21459-0-91868300-1438655713_thumb.j

HU No. 2 LUB MAY 14

Cheers!

Bill

• Like 3

Milky coffee, new book, and an aged Connie 1 ROA JUN 11. I love days off.

post-19958-0-84785200-1438691869_thumb.j

Notes:

Easy draw, but not quite a windsock. Construction seemed good, with a nice, dark, oily wrapper, but, as suspected from the draw, turned out to be a bit under filled in the first third, resulting in the dreaded reverse-cone. Fine after a retouch, then happened again at the end of the second third. Body just on the fuller of medium, but this just might have been because I was smoking earlier in the day than I'm used to, and my palate was getting a kick-start!

Initially waves of cream and spicy white pepper, with a hint of stonefruit, then settling in the second third into dried fruit, leather, and creamy coffee, with the odd burst of vanilla, and the spiciness mellowing more to nutmeg. No real signs of the shortbread that I've tasted in other Uppys. Body settled to a touch under medium.

After another retouch of the final third, the creaminess came to the fore again, along with the white pepper.

In the end, too fiery to nub.

Hopefully the others in the cab will turn out to be better filled, but a lovely smoke nonetheless.

• Like 3