• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

The stronger Upmanns such as the sadly departed HU Petit Corona, Upmann No.2 and Magnum 46 are not really known for almond/shortbread flavours when young. With age, you may not get those characteristics either. You may get a creamy texture developing but you will need a lot of time. If you are looking for this, then age another H.Upmann vitola like the Connoisseur No.1, for example (Then again, maybe don't as they're excellent already with a year or two on them).

If you were to age this 2020 H.Upmann Magnum 46 the one characteristic that you'd likely find coming to the fore, whilst those espresso coffee and licorice flavours recede, would probably be leather.

Thanks for the info! 

Leather is not what I would hope for, the liquorice taste is aromatic and reminds me of Punch cigars. Do you think the Connie 2 would be a balance of the Connie 1 and this flavour? If the liquorice from the Mag 46 dies down, I am not sure I would like this aged... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnS said:

We need to remember that we are talking in generalisations here so what I am about to add...well, put it this way, it's a wholly subjective statement based on my own experience that may not match other members. As a result, I wouldn't have an issue with anyone feeling differently.

Thanks a lot for the detailed response. Something to ponder… I will pm you if I have more questions!

• Like 2