• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

A 2013 RyJ Exhibiccion No.3. Less popular than the Ex4 but undeservedly so.

566A102A-8FEB-4ABC-A5FE-FC6DDFF1808E.thumb.jpeg.50e6bce2f9338d0cf7c8a5b651368ddb.jpeg
How was it? I almost had one in JJFox yesterday but got sidetracked by a vintage RAllones. I'll be back there in a few weeks though. All their Ex3s are from '09 because they don't get sent many and no-one thinks to ask for them.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

6 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

How was it? I almost had one in JJFox yesterday but got sidetracked by a vintage RAllones. I'll be back there in a few weeks though. All their Ex3s are from '09 because they don't get sent many and no-one thinks to ask for them.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

It was good as always. Flavour profile is more woody vs Ex4 which is more fruity. You should definitely try one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chef said:

@JohnS, are the MCs “smoke’m nows” or do they have aging potential?

I will have to try these again, as I generally love PL flavors. The flavor of the last Montecarlo I smoked was overly bitter, however: both in the smoke and on the lips & tongue. Best way I can describe is the bitter flavor of milkweed, or green plant latex. I had purchased at a B&M in Paris but didn’t get the box code or dates, so it may have been too young. Interestingly, I have had a similar experience with the Picadores, but the bitterness there was not nearly as harsh as in the Montecarlo.

29 minutes ago, JeffreyLebowski said:

I will have to try these again, as I generally love PL flavors. The flavor of the last Montecarlo I smoked was overly bitter, however: both in the smoke and on the lips & tongue. Best way I can describe is the bitter flavor of milkweed, or green plant latex. I had purchased at a B&M in Paris but didn’t get the box code or dates, so it may have been too young. Interestingly, I have had a similar experience with the Picadores, but the bitterness there was not nearly as harsh as in the Montecarlo.

4-5 years and I will smoke right through a box of PLMC. One of the best value smokes, in my opinion. They'll last me 1hr20-1hr30. They did get slight bitterness when I tried to smoke one in 45 mins, if that gives you any idea.

4 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

4-5 years and I will smoke right through a box of PLMC. One of the best value smokes, in my opinion. They'll last me 1hr20-1hr30. They did get slight bitterness when I tried to smoke one in 45 mins, if that gives you any idea.

Right on. I’ll be sure to ‘take ‘er easy’ on the next PLMC I smoke. ;)

57334154543__560A2DB7-920D-4204-81AE-6E552139F3C2.JPG
Trinidad Reyes petite corona. First time trying this format. Pleasantly surprised. Great draw and burn. Good amount of smoke and very creamy flavor with a hint of sweetness—maybe caramel. Tried them on 24:24. Will be buying more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

57334154543__560A2DB7-920D-4204-81AE-6E552139F3C2.JPG
Trinidad Reyes petite corona. First time trying this format. Pleasantly surprised. Great draw and burn. Good amount of smoke and very creamy flavor with a hint of sweetness—maybe caramel. Tried them on 24:24. Will be buying more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinidad’s have taken Cohibas place as my favorite brand. Try the Colonials or the La Trova... of course the Vigia. There isn’t a bad cigar in their lineup. The Trova is my absolute favorite cigar. There is but two flaws and they’re big ones. Price and availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2