FOH'ers Daily Smoke

36 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

How was it? That the middle size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is/was the middle size. It was okay.  Lacked complexity, and maybe that’s a sign of its youth. Have a few more of each size and they’ll be waiting for a while. 

• Replies 88k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Para Ti "Perla" (5 x 40). A Dominican puro originally distributed by Tatuaje cigars (of which I am generally not a fan) that seems to have evaporated from the market. It was/is made by some wine guys and is my gold standard for a "boutique" brand. Love at first puff for me.

This specimen is the last of a bunch I bought about 5-6 years ago and has aged into a real world-class cigar; it obviously has/had years of life and potential left inside. Flavors are reminiscent of a Por Larrañaga PC, with a creamy, nutty, very slightly woody explosion of caramel and sorghum, which gives way to leather, earth and an undeniable bent of Dominican oakiness.

In the 2nd half of the cigar, this trend continued, though the flavors got much darker. An earthy nature coupled with pepper became more pronounced and careful drawing brought out faint dark cherry notes. The wrapper, unfortunately, was a bit thick, and several touch-ups were required.

I wish curiosity had not gotten the better of me. This last soldier should have sat for another 5 years, when I believe the pepper and earthiness would have been reduced further, and the true merit of the tobacco would have shone through even brighter. I may still prefer Havanas, but this cigar proves that other countries, on occasion, are producing artful blends with tobacco that informs a regional terroir without being overbearing or boring.

I hope they still make these. I could see buying one or 2 lone boxes to age over time. They would be taking up valuable real estate in my coolerdor, but the payout after some patience would be warranted.

On 6/23/2018 at 9:37 PM, Jbhunter223 said:

After dinner ‘17 number 4.  Damn these are good. 

AC8B2493-5A86-4819-91B5-ED852363D2D0.jpeg

That is on my list of cigars to try

• Like 1

Another evening with the grill, another Partagas Short. However, I think the Cigar Gods are trying to tell me to change things up, as this cigar has been by far the worst in the box so far - burning very unevenly and very hot. I have smoked through about a half of the box since I returned from Cuba in early March, so far, all but this one have been perfect.