• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 hour ago, Hedgehog said:

I’ve been making an effort over the last few weeks to burn through my NC singles stash.

2bbce3488fe6d243ee83dd1c24e062f2.jpg

0ac31d5acd60c297edcdfc2c37c7b4a4.jpg

1bef29ccf79347552c970f05fad3dcea.jpg

05a4368fba50cfe083e5e8f5711c9b80.jpg

1eda1d36ce60a12cbde9dd60336fcf86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have never tried any of those. Any of them worth a snot?

Had a Cuaba Tradicionales this morning - unknown boxcode added as a single to my last cuntint order. Colorado Claro wrapper and crappy reviews had me dreading the smoke. Surprisingly very good and quite unique. Wet earth, breads, peanut butter with a slightly sweet finish that lasted even unto the end, where the profile had turned more woody and peppery. I wouldn't risk buying a box of these due to what sounds like problems with consistency, but a nice surprise, nonetheless.

Followed up a couple hours later with a EML SEP 14 PLMC. Not quite in their sweet spot yet, but reliable as always. I'm down to 6 boxes and need to order more, more, more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buck14 said:

I've yet to see a truly positive review on this wonderfully intense chocolatety smoke.  If you regret buying a box of these terrible smokes and wish to rid yourself of this garbage for bargain basement prices, please contact me! :D

Partagas Maduro No. 1 Habanos Special Edition

IMG_1584.JPG

I'm holding off until 2037 when the Party Maduro #3 will be released :cigar:

52 minutes ago, earthson said:

Have never tried any of those. Any of them worth a snot?

Had a Cuaba Tradicionales this morning - unknown boxcode added as a single to my last cuntint order. Colorado Claro wrapper and crappy reviews had me dreading the smoke. Surprisingly very good and quite unique. Wet earth, breads, peanut butter with a slightly sweet finish that lasted even unto the end, where the profile had turned more woody and peppery. I wouldn't risk buying a box of these due to what sounds like problems with consistency, but a nice surprise, nonetheless.

Followed up a couple hours later with a EML SEP 14 PLMC. Not quite in their sweet spot yet, but reliable as always. I'm down to 6 boxes and need to order more, more, more.

The Oliva Melanio is a great smoke, IMO. Well, not just mine, as it was CA's #1 cigar of 2014, for what that's worth. And you can frequently catch them on sale for solid prices. 

I want to try some Cuabas at some point. I agree with you though, in that because of all the hate, I am inclined to try some singles first. I know Rob says the Distinguidos are excellent. Based on your description of the flavor profile, I think I might like them.

Don't think I've ever had worse than a GREAT cigar with these gorgeous white specs in the ash.  Sign of extreme quality in my experience.

Don't really care if it's oils, magnesium, plume, tooth, grain, mold, or black plague - if it's on my cigar then I know my smoke will be AT LEAST GREAT!

ENJOY

IMG_1594.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

• Like 3

Another Cremas, really not an ugly stick for $1.60. Pleasant aroma, and even the ash holding on quite firmly. Still I dislike the flavour on the palate....
JLPC_1.thumb.JPG.6b1eb5d1eb2b0a9dd88dbefdaddc6821.JPGJLPC_2.thumb.JPG.0b5e8ba96e5300b033b3ce88e26a0215.JPG
Fresh? I smoked my first JLP with any decent age (3 yrs) on it a few weeks ago and it was very pleasant flavourwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov
2 hours ago, El Hoze said:

2003 Monarch Tube

What do you think of the Monarch? I've never had one, but I've seen a few old boxes floating around that looked tempting. Does it compare favorably to the Sir Winnie?

Guest Nekhyludov

Cabiaguan Belicoso Fino. I've seen these posted here a couple of times, so I decided to pick ome up as a courtesy buy at my local B&M. 

20170930_195432.thumb.jpg.07908c0ca2fc8c49ed3823b611f40e9f.jpg

The Oliva Melanio is a great smoke, IMO. Well, not just mine, as it was CA's #1 cigar of 2014, for what that's worth. And you can frequently catch them on sale for solid prices. 
I want to try some Cuabas at some point. I agree with you though, in that because of all the hate, I am inclined to try some singles first. I know Rob says the Distinguidos are excellent. Based on your description of the flavor profile, I think I might like them.

Yes. The Oliva Melanio was by far the best of the 5 I posted. Amazing construction. Just look at that gorgeous ash. I will be picking up more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

If you like a light to mild cigar, you're gonna have trouble finding a better stick than the Vegas Robaina Famoso.  It's about a 2.5-3 outta 10 on the strength scale. Problem is, you're gonna pay almost $10 a stick or so for these.  At that price point, I find these babies very unattractive.  I'm a medium-full to full guy but I respect the VRF, I just will find it hard to justify another box at this pricepoint.  $5-$6 a smoke? Then sure.  Not at 10 bucks! However, far far far better than the SLR REGIOS tasteless garbage stick at the same price-point.  Gotta chop 40% off these babies at least to make it a competitive buy.

IMG_1602.JPG

• Like 1