Your ideal Residence & Holiday Home locations...

Scenario: You have the ability to buy a new home and a holiday home/apartment, right now... any 2 separate spots in the world... based purely on the merits of the location, nothing to do with proximity to family/friends, work, etc., where would you choose? 🤔

Home:                  Mooloolaba Queensland/Australia.

Holiday Home:     Surin Thailand 

• Like 2

My own Island Homestead w/ dock in Southeast, Ak.

Tie between Whistler, B.C. or Hawaii

I guess I like islands!

A3F355CA-46EA-4366-B77F-D1408E3B302F_4_5005_c.jpeg

F8F69B50-E09B-4435-8F04-40BDB52216F8_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Home - Monmuth, Wales. We just moved here a few months ago and our only regret is not doing it sooner.

Holiday - Wilmington Beach, NC. Our favourite place in the USA by far. Just the greatest place to relax.

• Like 1

Nantucket in the summer. Close to family and friends, but far enough away to dictate their cadence of coming by.

St. Moritz in the winter. Nice place to be at that time of year or all year for that matter.

• Like 2

Home base -Truro Massachusetts

Holiday - Jackson Hole Wyoming

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

That's a fun scenario to think about! For my ideal residence, I'd choose a cozy cottage in the countryside of Tuscany, Italy. The rolling hills, vineyards, and delicious food make it a dream spot to call home.
As for a holiday home, I'd go for a beachfront villa in the Maldives. The crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches, and stunning sunsets would make it the perfect escape.
If you're considering investing in property, especially in Kingston, Canada, you might want to look into Kingston Property Management services. They can help you manage your rental properties and ensure everything runs smoothly.

Literally too many ideas to list. I’d love to be able to avoid cold winters and hot, humid summers.

I live in Chicago now, so that would mean Florida or somewhere south to escape winters. However, with young ones, the summer is the easiest season to escape given school schedules. I think living in Florida (Miami) during the Fall, Winter, Spring and then evacuating for summer is both logical and doable.

Could make a strong argument for a summer home in the mountains (which gives you skiing during the winter as well) or one of these picturesque summer climates like Maine, Northern Michigan.

For now it’s so out of the question it seems silly even fantasizing about.

• Like 1

Somewhere in northern Finland as #1.

To be honest, nothing is directly jumping out at me as #2. 

A remote island that has basic self sustainability but no outside tourism. Is there such a thing?