MLB 2023

MoeFOH

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ready for Opening Day in TX. Go Rangers!!   Had the distinct pleasure of going across the street to Hearsay Arlington before the game, and meeting @Çnote for the first time. Good to see a fe

MLB Thread for 2023!! ⚾ The new season is imminent... how's your team looking?... predictions for the season?... highlights... commentary...  Put it all here!  I'm looking forward to ho

Why? Does winning make you sick?  🤔😃

Braves fans are starting to worry with good cause. I think they potentially could lose both at home now. Tonight is Wheeler vs Fried, and while Fried is great, Wheeler has some nasty stuff and I think the Braves are going to have to jump on the Phillies early. Excited to see so much chaos throughout the postseason, especially since my Reds aren't in it. I love baseball because even though you can throttle people during the season, it's often whoever can get hot at the right time in the postseason who goes deep. Love to see the Twins win their series, the DBacks pitching makes the nips hard as 3 day old hot dog at 7-11, and my ex's team is down 2-0. Can't beat the MLB postseason. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Capn_Jackson said:

Hoping the Rangers hold onto this lead. A return to Arlington with a 2-0 lead in the Series would go a long way.

I agree with that. A 2-0 lead in a 5 game series is very hard to overcome. The last time it happened in MLB was in 2017. It's only happened ten times in all in the history of the game.

• Like 1

The thing is, the Dodgers have a lot of pressure on them. The Dbacks had nothing to lose. I think it plays into why they have been dominant in the regular season for a decade but 1 ring to show for it. I'm not sure what more they need to do they have 6 all stars on that team. I think Kershaw hangs it up . 

Also. Does anyone like the Braves? I liked Chipper Jones that's about it. The tomahawk chop just annoys me . 

Pretty sure it'll be Phillies vs AZ. DBacks won't be able to beat them.

Will Bochy take down Dusty? If anyone can it's him. 

ghpzo2nvskhgiqade23j.jpg.38d2905164a135330afa996561c11aac.jpg

Did you pick the teams in this year's American and National League Championships? Did anybody?

The TV Schedule:

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

All times ET

Sunday, Oct. 15
TEX @ HOU, Game 1, 8:15 p.m. ET (FOX)

Monday, Oct. 16
TEX @ HOU, Game 2, 4:30 p.m. (FOX/FS1)
AZ @ PHI, Game 1, 8 p.m. (TBS)

Tuesday, Oct. 17
AZ @ PHI, Game 2, 8 p.m. (TBS)

Wednesday, Oct. 18
HOU @ TEX, Game 3, 8 p.m. (FS1)

Thursday, Oct. 19
PHI @ AZ, Game 3, 5 p.m. (TBS)
HOU @ TEX, Game 4, 8 p.m. (FS1)

Friday, Oct. 20
HOU @ TEX, Game 5 (if necessary), 5 p.m. (FS1)
PHI @ AZ, Game 4, 8 p.m. (TBS)

Saturday, Oct. 21
PHI @ AZ, Game 5 (if necessary), 8 p.m. (TBS)

Sunday, Oct. 22
TEX @ HOU, Game 6 (if necessary), 8 p.m. (FS1)

Monday, Oct. 23
AZ @ PHI, Game 6 (if necessary), 5 p.m. (TBS)
TEX @ HOU, Game 7 (if necessary), 8 p.m. (FOX/FS1)

(If the ALCS is complete by Oct. 23, then NLCS Game 6 will move to 8 p.m.)

Tuesday, Oct. 24
AZ @ PHI, Game 7 (if necessary), 8 p.m. (TBS)

All TBS games also available on Max

Source: https://www.mlb.com/news/2023-mlb-playoff-and-world-series-schedule

• Like 1

Texas Rangers leading 2-0 and heading home to Arlington. History suggests they have an 84% of reaching their first World series since the famous Ron Washington years (2011). In fact, no team has come back from 2-0 down to win the LCS (League Championship Series). 

The last few teams that came back from 2-0 down in the World Series are infamous because they had memorable reversal in momentum to overcome really good teams. These include the '96 Yankees, '86 Mets and '85 Royals.

However, if there's one team that seems absolutely irresistible and unstoppable right now...it's the Philadelphia Phillies. I think they've only lost once this postseason and that Atlanta Braves win took some incredible plays to make it sure. They have some form right now!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

The Phillies make me sick!!

Fair enough. But man...you have to admit, they are playing some amazing baseball right now. Let's see how they are on the road in the next few games.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, JohnS said:

In fact, no team has come back from 2-0 down to win the LCS (League Championship Series). 

2004 Red Sox came back from 3-0 in the ALCS.

• Like 3

4 teams have come back from a 2-0 deficit to win a league championship. Another 6 in a world series. Odds aren't favorable but it's happened before.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

2004 Red Sox came back from 3-0 in the ALCS.

14 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

4 teams have come back from a 2-0 deficit to win a league championship. Another 6 in a world series. Odds aren't favorable but it's happened before.

I'll leave my original post as it is but I was meaning to add that no team has come back from 2-0 after the first two were played at home in the League Championship Series. Hence why I mentioned those rare World Series comebacks as each of those teams were 2-0 down after playing their initial games at home. I suppose it's not that grave a concern in the greater scheme of things, but I regret the confusion caused.

Of course, it can de done and I very much remember what Dave Roberts did in Game 4, in stealing second, to initiate that memorable comeback in 2004.

So, this means that the Astros can go and make history happen if they are sufficiently motivated now. Alas, for the Rangers, I'm sure that they are very much eager to erase 2010 and 2011 and indeed, their poor home record against the Astros in 2023.

P.S. If you are a Rangers fan, as a Mets fan, I know how you feel after a postseason Mad Max letdown.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JohnS said:

P.S. If you are a Rangers fan, as a Mets fan, I know how you feel after a postseason Mad Max letdown.

While I think there was rust to work off, Bochy used him here so that he could potentially go to him in Game 7, but not let that game 7 be his first back. In other words, with the first two wins in Houston, maybe Bochy thought he’d roll the dice and get Max a chance while also warning him up for later use. Also, it gives other starters a chance to rest and prepare for later games.  That could all be bunk, but I’m not too concerned. There was still some definite fire in the Rangers last night. Amazing catch by Taveras, a foot or two over the wall!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Capn_Jackson said:

While I think there was rust to work off, Bochy used him here so that he could potentially go to him in Game 7, but not let that game 7 be his first back. In other words, with the first two wins in Houston, maybe Bochy thought he’d roll the dice and get Max a chance while also warning him up for later use. Also, it gives other starters a chance to rest and prepare for later games.  That could all be bunk, but I’m not too concerned. There was still some definite fire in the Rangers last night. Amazing catch by Taveras, a foot or two over the wall!

I agree. My thoughts exactly. Roll the dice as you said to give him a start and see what happens. Gives next starters a extra day of rest. 

• Like 2