MLB 2023

MoeFOH

2 hours ago, KCCubano said:

I agree. My thoughts exactly. Roll the dice as you said to give him a start and see what happens. Gives next starters a extra day of rest. 

I thinks it’s probably at least as much about making sure the bullpen isn’t completely depleted, because they’re gonna have a lot of work tonight too. 

• Like 1

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ready for Opening Day in TX. Go Rangers!!   Had the distinct pleasure of going across the street to Hearsay Arlington before the game, and meeting @Çnote for the first time. Good to see a fe

MLB Thread for 2023!! ⚾ The new season is imminent... how's your team looking?... predictions for the season?... highlights... commentary...  Put it all here!  I'm looking forward to ho

Why? Does winning make you sick?  🤔😃

We are one game away from a repeat of last year's World Series combatants meeting again; namely, the Houston Astros and Philadelphia Phillies. The last time we had the same teams meet two years in a row? That was the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers in 1977 and 1978.

Houston are one game away from appearing in their 5th World Series in the last seven years.

The MLB postseason is famous for producing iconic Game 6 results. I'm glad we have one each in the ALCS and NLCS this week. I hope to see a continuation of great baseball!

Some people (imo mostly idiots) will call for Dusty to get canned. Maybe it's the Cincinnati fan in me. Or the fact that this man invented the high five. But he has had a ton of success, helped make them known as deep playoff contenders every year, and honestly salvaged their rep a bit from the cheating with winning one after everything went down. Who do you replace that with? Nobody that I know of that you can bring it right now does a better job overall in the season than him and I'll stand by that. 

• Like 2

Dusty Baker has been excellent for the Astros. In the same way, let's say the Phillies don't get to the World Series this year...in other words, the Diamondbacks upset them at home in Game 7 in the NLCS. Keep in mind this is all hypothetical. I'm not willing this one way or the other. In this possible scenario would one be inclined to let Rob Thomson go? I say, 'no way in the world!'

7 hours ago, Magnum Dongle said:

Some people (imo mostly idiots) will call for Dusty to get canned. Maybe it's the Cincinnati fan in me. Or the fact that this man invented the high five. But he has had a ton of success, helped make them known as deep playoff contenders every year, and honestly salvaged their rep a bit from the cheating with winning one after everything went down. Who do you replace that with? Nobody that I know of that you can bring it right now does a better job overall in the season than him and I'll stand by that. 

Exactly. 

10 hours ago, Magnum Dongle said:

Rangers fan here…

Any calls for Dusty Baker to be fired should be met with a thorough flogging. Absurd! 
I remember after the Rangers lost the WS in 2011, there were calls to fire Washington. Ludicrous!

On 10/5/2023 at 3:53 AM, Ford2112 said:

Dbacks are a sleeper team. They are playing to win. I think they have the pitching to go deep. 

This comment aged well.

narskf3jri2gffxdb3p7.jpg.a03c406e947c2f79b48b864a358e7694.jpg

The Texas Rangers  and the Arizona Diamondbacks will contest the 2023 World Series. Who would have thought it even a few weeks ago?

The broadcast schedule begins with Game 1 on Friday night...

Friday, Oct. 27
AZ @ TEX, Game 1, 8 p.m. (FOX)

Saturday, Oct. 28
AZ @ TEX, Game 2, 8 p.m. (FOX)

Monday, Oct. 30
TEX @ AZ, Game 3, 8 p.m. (FOX)

Tuesday, Oct. 31
TEX @ AZ, Game 4, 8 p.m. (FOX)

Wednesday, Nov. 1
TEX @ AZ, Game 5 (if necessary), 8 p.m. (FOX)

Friday, Nov. 3
AZ @ TEX, Game 6 (if necessary), 8 p.m. (FOX)

Saturday, Nov. 4
AZ @ TEX, Game 7 (if necessary), 8 p.m. (FOX)

• Like 1

Seeing LA swept was a season highlight for me. I'll be rooting for Bruce Bochy and the Rangers, and for Evan Longoria to at least have some sort of impact. Love that guy.

On 3/22/2023 at 9:04 AM, Capn_Jackson said:

My thoughts on the upcoming season are the same as they have been the past few years:

1. Baseball is not the same without Adrián Beltré, and I will miss that guy forever. Not just for what he did on-field and on-camera. I attended a lot of games, and many times sat near the dugout. When he wasn’t giving advice to younger players in the dugout, or throwing his glove at Elvis, he often went out of his way to wave at or even greet children who were seated in seats near the Rangers dugout. Loved seeing him at games, and I’ll miss that always.

2. I miss the “old” Rangers home, Globe Life Park. It was only slightly over twenty years old when they built this new one, and I understand firsthand how hot it could get during deep summer games, but that park was beautiful. It felt like home.

3. Maybe the Rangers will be worth watching this year……. Or maybe you won’t hear from me on this thread again until this time next year! 😆

Speaking of a post aging well…. Haha!

• Haha 2

I honestly don't know what to expect from this World Series. Obviously, both teams have played great baseball to advance to this stage. One could argue that they've ridden a 'wave of momentum' to qualify. Are we now going to get a 4-0 sweep either way or will it be competitive like both the NLCS and ALCS and go to game 7?

One thing I do know, normally playing baseball at the beginning of November can be a tad cold in most parts of the USA. In Texas and Arizona? We should all be fine! 👍