MLB 2023

MoeFOH

My team is the drizzling you know whats. Bullpen is brutal. Lots of injuries already and we still have an open position at Catcher. @JohnS I get to see the Giants Mets game Friday. Should be fun!

• Like 1

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ready for Opening Day in TX. Go Rangers!!   Had the distinct pleasure of going across the street to Hearsay Arlington before the game, and meeting @Çnote for the first time. Good to see a fe

MLB Thread for 2023!! ⚾ The new season is imminent... how's your team looking?... predictions for the season?... highlights... commentary...  Put it all here!  I'm looking forward to ho

Why? Does winning make you sick?  🤔😃

Taking in another Rangers game tonight. Got amazing VIP seats with a big discount from work. Got to see Adolis Garcia hit 3 home runs tonight, and he just doubled in the bottom of the 7th, after I took these pics in the top of the inning.

First time a Ranger has hit 3 HR’s in this new ballpark. I did get a video of the double, but I was hoping it’d be a 4th homer.

B74F546D-142E-4E34-9283-084DCAA7E83A.jpeg.3c7190338ffa687475d7867a8804e6a8.jpeg

B4F8D76A-B29F-4A1F-84ED-8EAE0F6EA6FA.jpeg.ba375e8bd79ea08d3ace960c726bc2f2.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 6:30 PM, Capn_Jackson said:

Taking in another Rangers game tonight. Got amazing VIP seats with a big discount from work. Got to see Adolis Garcia hit 3 home runs tonight, and he just doubled in the bottom of the 7th, after I took these pics in the top of the inning.

First time a Ranger has hit 3 HR’s in this new ballpark. I did get a video of the double, but I was hoping it’d be a 4th homer.

B74F546D-142E-4E34-9283-084DCAA7E83A.jpeg.3c7190338ffa687475d7867a8804e6a8.jpeg

B4F8D76A-B29F-4A1F-84ED-8EAE0F6EA6FA.jpeg.ba375e8bd79ea08d3ace960c726bc2f2.jpeg

At least the Rangers have a decent manager.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Well, the Red Sox are 12 & 11 and dead last... the AL East, man... 

We also tend to adopt the John Winger philosophy for our seasons :D

Guess my KC Royals are pacing themselves at 5-17! On pace to lose over 100 games

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Well, the Red Sox are 12 & 11 and dead last... the AL East, man... 

We also tend to adopt the John Winger philosophy for our seasons :D

Had a good run for awhile. It seems we are going back to the Curse of the Bambino days. As soon as this owner sold off Mookie Betts and said it was a "business decision" I knew the team was going to go downhill from there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Sox are on a mini streak of 5 games I guess I'm obliged to comment on it and completely derail them before this gets too out of hand and we actually start reeling in the Rays or something... by the way, what the hell is going on there? Someone needs to loosen a few wheel nuts on that runaway chariot. 26 & 6. Jesus. Get mastermind Chaim Bloom on it. :D

• Like 1

We made the Twins home opener on April 7 and it was damn chilly! It was actually postponed a day due to temps being in the 30s fahrenheit, but the next day wasn’t much better up in the breezy stands. Still pretty good turnout (first pic).

94F687C9-8869-4DD9-A824-4F8EE7F38564.jpeg.e4d69c5fd1ef0e62e8c2f7d5cee603b8.jpeg

One thing I love about April baseball in the north is that cold temps will still keep folks away. We went last weekend and got these really nice seats a few hours before the game started for only $20 a pop. Obviously not every game will be like that, but it’s nice to have a decently affordable outing. Kids got to watch practice before game, see players come by and sign autographs, high five the mascot, etc. It was a hit all around.

finally at that stage where I can take the kids and they enjoy it for its kiddie elements. Never was a huge MLB fan growing up, but now that I am old and crotchety it strikes me as the most family-friendly major sport still left. Will probably make it to about two games a month this year. My kindergartener has me beat already as he has been to more games than I have already this year. Go figure!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frinkiac7 said:

We made the Twins home opener on April 7 and it was damn chilly! It was actually postponed a day due to temps being in the 30s fahrenheit, but the next day wasn’t much better up in the breezy stands. Still pretty good turnout

One thing I love about April baseball in the north is that cold temps will still keep folks away. We went last weekend and got these really nice seats a few hours before the game started for only $20 a pop. Obviously not every game will be like that, but it’s nice to have a decently affordable outing. Kids got to watch practice before game, see players come by and sign autographs, high five the mascot, etc. It was a hit all around.

I’m finally at that stage where I can take the kids and they enjoy it for its kiddie elements. Never was a huge MLB fan growing up, but now that I am old and crotchety it strikes me as the most family-friendly major sport still left. Will probably make it to about two games a month this year. My kindergartener has me beat already as he has been to more games than I have already this year. Go figure!

Kids loved going to Kaufmann Stadium for Royals games when I had season tix. Great memories. Enjoy it now my friend. They will be off to college and then join the work force in the blink of an eye. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 9:04 AM, Capn_Jackson said:

My thoughts on the upcoming season are the same as they have been the past few years:

1. Baseball is not the same without Adrián Beltré, and I will miss that guy forever. Not just for what he did on-field and on-camera. I attended a lot of games, and many times sat near the dugout. When he wasn’t giving advice to younger players in the dugout, or throwing his glove at Elvis, he often went out of his way to wave at or even greet children who were seated in seats near the Rangers dugout. Loved seeing him at games, and I’ll miss that always.

2. I miss the “old” Rangers home, Globe Life Park. It was only slightly over twenty years old when they built this new one, and I understand firsthand how hot it could get during deep summer games, but that park was beautiful. It felt like home.

3. Maybe the Rangers will be worth watching this year……. Or maybe you won’t hear from me on this thread again until this time next year! 😆

This third point is funny to look at now as the Rangers have their best start through 51 games in franchise history. Fun season to watch, so far, although I still miss the old stadium. I think Adolis García has become my new favorite player, or Jonah Heim. Starting pitching is lights out, and they have to be, since the bullpen can’t seem to hold it together.

How is everyone else’s favorite team/player doing?

Rangers have the best manager in baseball.

After a dismal start to the season the Giants are over .500,are playing solid defense and are clicking.  Conforto is turning into what I hoped he would be,and the rookie Casey Schmitt has been on fire.

Looks like our catcher position has depth with bailey,and our pen and starting pitching has been turning a corner,with Logan Webb looking like his old self and Alex Cobb being lights out. Sean Manea looks better too. 

If we make a couple moves at the trade deadline things could get interesting.

NY Mets...up and down, down and up. There was a few weeks this season when the Mets had the worst record in Baseball. Then they won five games in a row from impossible comebacks. Now they are around .500.

Like any team, the pre-season brings excitement (In the Mets case, a lot of excitement!) but its the young players like Baty, Alvarez and Vientos that have ignited this team in the last few weeks. Were would we be without Alonso, Nimmo, Lindor? I don't know. I'd like the pitching to be more consistent, that's for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 11:30 AM, Capn_Jackson said:

Saw deGrom getting Tommy John..figured that would happen. No NHL or NBA tonight so stuck watching 18-42 Royals!

3 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Saw deGrom getting Tommy John..figured that would happen. No NHL or NBA tonight so stuck watching 18-42 Royals!

Yeah, I read that. Stinks. Wishing him the best, and hoping the Rangers bullpen can survive if they add Dunning to the starting rotation for the season.

13 hours ago, Capn_Jackson said:

Yeah, I read that. Stinks. Wishing him the best, and hoping the Rangers bullpen can survive if they add Dunning to the starting rotation for the season.

Today's status meeting was 5m work related and 25m of in depth analysis of the Ranger's bullpen.

• 2 weeks later...

Giants sweep the Dodgers at home in dramatic fashion,moving a half game up from them in the division.  Diamondbacks are in our sights, provided the Giants can stop racking up injuries. Our pen has been tits.

• Like 1