2022 Qatar World Cup

ElJavi76

20 hours ago, shokao said:

Right now, all that is left for me is to dream about the unpredictable final: 🇭🇷 vs 🇲🇦 

I know!  Been waiting for an African team to win the WC for decades.  Never thought much on Morocco.  I would've thought Senegal or Angola would be in the finals first.

It's going to be a crazy night in France regardless of who wins.

• Like 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s two sides to this coin… there’s the part where an ultra conservative religion is at the fulcrum of all of this beer and armband fiasco. Misguided as they might be (please see your calendars… i

The thing that makes holding the WC in Qatar different, at least to some, is the direct connection between human rights violations and the competition.  The stadiums, with one lone exception, and near

After Australia's 1-0 win over Tunisia tonight (Australian time), someone conveniently updated goalscorer Mitchell Duke's Wikipedia page as per the following... Mitchell Thomas Duke (born 18 Janu

7 hours ago, First Lady said:

My god the tension in my house is huge ( husband is Croatian) ... tomorrow morning for us is going to be a very emotional time 

Is 5am too early to drink 😧

I'll be rooting for you guys today. Best of luck!

8 hours ago, JohnS said:

So Croatia beat Morocco 2-1 in the third place playoff. I must ask, did anyone watch it?

I watched the third place playoff too and I surprised Croatia won the match 2-1 despite of tiredness from overtime in previous matches.

For Morocco, they reminded me of Korea during 2002 World Cup since they followed almost same steps as Korea did (Korea managed to go in semi final but lost semi final and third place playoff matches in 2002 World Cup).

• Like 1

I watch football every four years, basically the world cup final.   Everytime I watch it I remember why I despise football.  The referees are spineless.  Pathetic first penalty, and allowing the Argentinian goalie to throw away the ball during penalties, is just low class shithousery,  real scummy sportsmanship

Football does have the ability to entertain,  this game (unlike many) was a shining example , but Jesus!, if there is one game on the planet that rewards poor behaviour it's football. Unlike American Football, or Cricket or Rugby etc. It never crosses my mind, "I bet they would be a great bloke to have a pint with"......I just think Jesus, money can't buy class.

Congrats to Argentina, both teams dug in, and performed.   I just wish the refs weren't petrified of the players/fifa, would make the game a million times more enjoyable.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm going to call it okay...

Whomever beats Australia in an elimination Round of 16 match will go on to win the World Cup Final. Case in point...

1) 2006 - Italy 1 Australia 0

2) 2022 - Argentina 2 Australia 1

Of course, whomever plays Australia in a Round of 16 match will also receive one guaranteed penalty from the generous referee.

• Like 2

great final -Messi and Mbappe certainly provided the excitement.  Now back to Man City quest for the quad.  first game against Liverpool in the EFL cup and we might not be at full strength to rest a few. can't stand losing to Liverpool/Klopp.

• Like 2