Deep Dive: Partagas Serie E Number 2

El Presidente

Partagas Serie E Number 2   

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Legion of fans for the Patrtagas Serie E Number 2 ....and yet plenty who scratch their heads. They have been thin on the ground over the past two years but prior to that there were plenty to be had with plenty being made at El Laguito. Those in particular were highly sought after. 

• Do you like Partagas Serie E Number 2 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Partagas Serie E Number 2 
  • Do the poll!

Partagas Serie E Number 2   :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

Partagas Serie E 2 PSP JUN 20.jpg

• Like 1

Despite its' 54rg, probably Partys best RG smoke. Tons of elegance & minerality, characteristics you don't expect. Only frequent downside is fragile wrappers vs. P2s & even D4s.

I hunt El Lag boxes & think they are a level above.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I would say it's to Partagas what the Connie A is to HU. 

There’s something to that allegory for sure.

Dislike the format, but one of the few new cigars, apart from the BHKs I’d say, where they’ve not watered down the blend with going wider in gauge. With the new Partagás bling line menacing on the horizon we’ll have to see whether they’ll keep to that standard going forward.

• Like 2

I think this is a great cigar. Roughly 90 minutes to smoke for me. 

Not having any experience with the stick before, I bought a handy fiver last year and was absolutely blown away at how well it smoked. Little less than a year down on em and they were all class. I actually went to grab this stick last night and couldn't stand the thought of only having three left after that, so pulled a lusi instead. Needless to say, I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for some more of these. 

Love, love this cigar. Hate the vitola. Very interesting savoury spice and a different spin on the Partagas profile. Distinct from the the D4, P2, Lusi, but totally delicious. This is the only 54 gauge I would buy anytime. 

• Like 2

This was the cigar that made me realise I had COVID. Tasteless, unenjoyable and just bland all over. Took a test and then realised my taste buds had all but died... annoyingly. 

Had one well after my bout with COVID and whilst it was a nice stick I'd take an 898, Lusi or even a Presidentes over this any day.

That being said, it's objectively based on a single stick therefore I didn't fill in the survey. As Rob says they are very thin on the ground so will pick up more and hope I had a bad experience ..

The E2, oh how I love this cigar. This might be the best cigar to come out of Cuba, imho. All of the ones (not much, maybe 30 or so) I have had were pretty spectacular. They are insanely rich and complex with a savoury spice/underlying sweetness and recognizable Partagas DNA. It is my favorite Robusto Extra, even over Double Edmundo and Sig VI. Would quite possibly be my desert island cigar.

Haven’t had enough of them to confidently say whether there has been any changes in blend etc. They smoke extremely well young, haven’t had any with more than 3 yrs on them so I can’t speak on that either. They usually last me about 1hr40mins.

• Like 2

I bought a box of 5 from LCDH Amsterdam back in June for €70 with a  2021 box date, the sticks themselves are absolutely gorgeous, beautiful dark and shiny.

So far I have only smoked one, the RG is a big large for my personal preference but the general impression I got was it was like putting a D4 (one of my fav cigars) under a microscope. I’m not touching the others for at least another year but I’m excited to see how they develop 

Rob, a curious question--A few years back, these were seemingly broadly and aggressively marketed in nicely packaged wooden 5-packs, which I don't believe was a widely used marketing approach outside of this effort. My speculation at the time was that it was an attempt to place the E2 a notch above the "base" Partagas offerings, as @NSXCIGARso accurately compares to the Connie A positioning. If you know, was that a purposeful strategy? If so, what was the targeted audience for the 5-pack campaign and was it successful?

On 11/4/2022 at 6:19 AM, El Presidente said:

there were plenty to be had with plenty being made at El Laguito. Those in particular were highly sought after

One of the best recent E2 I have had is from EL. I’ve been hunting for them since. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeadmAn said:

Are we seeing this great cigar coming soon? They become so rare in the market now. 

They will no doubt return but from memory,  I haven't seen any for some 6 months. 

9 hours ago, foursite12 said:

A few years back, these were seemingly broadly and aggressively marketed in nicely packaged wooden 5-packs,

There were plenty of 5s in Cuba in June and I believe I saw quite a few in October but I can't recall specifically. I have no idea how popular they are but I think not having them in 10s is disappointing. 

No secret my love of 10s. I think it's an ideal packaging format for larger cigars. Easier to ship, keeps the price down and limits risk if you want to sample or end up not loving them. 

Still have yet to have one! I picked up a 5er that has a year on em but I have yet to try one. I may have to fire one up this weekend..