Deep Dive: Ramon Allones Small Club Corona

El Presidente

Ramon Allones Small Club Corona   

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love this pocket battleship but it has some stiff competition in a high performance segment. 

• Do you like Ramon Allones Small Club Corona 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Ramon Allones Small Club Corona 
  • Do the poll!

Let's talk Ramon Allones Small Club Corona!   :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

ramon allones Small club corona PSP HQ FEB 21.jpg

I love those little bastards! Always in my monthly rotation.

One of my favorites for 20 years. Regular rotation staple. 

One of the strongest small cigars but it's done so well. Just enough ligero to make it pop. I wouldn't call it rich like the El Principe--I'd just call it punchier. Shares very little with the other regular production RAs (and that's not a bad thing IMO). Licorice, vegetal and has a very light touch of the RA stonefruit. 

I haven't really thought about the flavors much in a long time as I just smoke so many and they are what they are to me. I'll have to think about it. I will say that the RA Perfectos Mexico is pretty much the same blend IMO. 

• Like 1

With the possible exception of Party Shorts and SCDH El Principe this is my favorite minuto excellent 45 minutes the vast majority of the time IMO

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 8:16 AM, Puros Y Vino said:

The best fresh RA in the lineup. No need to age them and wait like RASS and RAG. Just crack open the box and enjoy.

Yep exactly,,👍

• Like 1

This is one of my favorite cigars. I was lucky enough to score some for peanuts 6 months ago from a friend in Italy. I have a couple aging and dont plan to touch them for at least a year. Fresh, they were delicious so i can imagine with some time on them the flavors will be even more pronounced. Before these the Bolis were my faves (still a major soft spot there) but these really took the cake. Perfect burn for a short smoke and incredible flavor. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I definitely get these. One of my favorite small format cigars for sure. These have a few notes that don't come out in the RASS at all. For me they are a little less earthy, a little more fruit-forward, and closer to full than meduim-full of a RASS. They age extremely well but can be very good with little age too. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

These are great little sticks. I am lucky enough to have a box from 2015 that is just starting to be made into rotation. I find these pair quite well with either a cup of coffee in the morning or after dinner.

For me these are quite unique, it’s vitola that I normally don’t smoke nor thought about smoking. I’ve normally associated <42 gauge cigars as tight / poor draw. However, now that I have a box ready to go, I’ll make better use of these this year. Plus, I am running out of space for my cigars – every square inch counts.
The first thing I note on cold draws is how great the air flow is for a small cigar. The wrapper has almost a creamy coffee flavor – might also be the coffee I am drinking with this cigar. The wrapper looks dark and oily – a few look toothy as well! For a small stick, the flavors are quite smooth, full of peppery, woody and floral flavors, and full bodied.

It was about 34 degrees outside, so I tried to smoke this in about 33 mins, lol. Nice addition to the rotation!

d1f212e1dff1acad616c19e9506bffee.jpg

5f5bc6a2b46c9af52ae6fab42a46b1c6.jpg

a61558c5b95881c58164c7e1c4b19e06.jpg

• Like 2