Deep Dive: La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No 4

El Presidente

La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'Or Number 4   

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deep Dive: La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'Or Number 4. 

Anyone who dislikes skinnies will rule a line through this cigar. On that basis alone it is certainly a polarising cigar. 

It's fans however are fervent..... cult like :D

Let's talk La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or Number 4 

• Do you like the La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or Number 4 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or Number 4 
  • Discuss and do the poll!

La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or Number 4  :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES

• JohnS changed the title to Deep Dive: La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No 4

The OSU 02s were the best Ive had. Perfect construction on every stick. Wish I still had half a dozen or so left as they had some major legs for the long haul. All other boxes I have purchased since were very good but nowhere near the level of those 02s. 

• Like 2

These were among my very favorite "little" cigars back in the day. It seemed like hardly anyone smoked them 10-15 years ago, and they sat on the shelves and were quite cheap. Not for me, I went through a ton of boxes until they were, sadly, just impossible for me to find.

I found them very rich and complex with age, and more than a bit of power. Floral and spicy with some earthy funk. Just a very enjoyable, unique cigar and flavor profile meant to be smoked slowly. Pungent smoke.  Agree with the OSU 02 comment, those boxes were amazing and like KC said, every one was close to perfect. I still have a few left and can't bring myself to smoke them. Miss these little killers.

The whole MDO medaille d'or line is among my very favorite. I just smoked a #3 this week from my singles drawer and took some notes, I'll put up a review. Miss them all.

• Like 2

I find them to be one of the most flavorful cigars I've ever smoked. Not overpowering but incredibly rich and smoothe. Such amazing flavor from such a thin gauged cigar. 

• Like 1

Like Monte 1 and CCE, it is one of my fav CCs of all time. It's gentle and yet flavoursome with complexity and creamy floral bomb; it gets better and better as time goes by too. I wish I have more boxes of LGC MdO 4 in my collection.

• Like 3

Love em ! Sadly as there was talk about a discontinuation a while back  I put in an order  for two boxes .  I  was rolled by that online vendor which I had used before .  It was as about the same time @joeypots was also if I recall correctly. He went AWOL.  Luckily I'm sitting on two boxes which also happens to be my wife's favorite smoke  along w the beloved my hupc that I WAS able to stock up on . 🤗

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I really enjoy them!! I have a hard time bringing myself to smoke them more than a couple times a year. Has to be a nice 60 degree weekend morning when I can sit outside and enjoy it peacefully. Need to treat this cigar right.

I am halfway through a 14 box and then I have a full 17 and a full 18 both MSU. Can’t decide if I should dip into the 17s yet or keep sipping the 14 box a couple times a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Unique profile. The only cigar where I find fatty, meaty notes. Think crispy pancetta. And a great vitola. So overall, pretty wonderful.

There is a big construction issue though. Probably 1/3-1/2 of the ones I’ve tried have been tight or have a problematic burn. I’d still buy if I could, and take the risk.

I find these cigars really pair well this that point at the end of a great dinner, when you might have a combination of a wide range of things all happening at the same time on the table.    I.e. desserts, nuts, coffee, sherries,    They maybe delicate in size, but are robust in their flavour, and with a really long rich opulent finish.   In a strange way to me that are like a dessert version of Partagas connie 3.   They both have he same heft and complexity, but once is savoury, and one is sweet. 

1 hour ago, 99call said:

I find these cigars really pair well this that point at the end of a great dinner, when you might have a combination of a wide range of things all happening at the same time on the table.    I.e. desserts, nuts, coffee, sherries,    They maybe delicate in size, but are robust in their flavour, and with a really long rich opulent finish.   In a strange way to me that are like a dessert version of Partagas connie 3.   They both have he same heft and complexity, but once is savoury, and one is sweet. 

Perfect description :thumbsup:

Yes!

Apart from my beloved Minutos, probably the cigar I am stocked most with (only second to the No. 2). ‘nough said. 

I don’t concur with those who say they’d need time. They mature marvellously, true, but they can likewise be a treat enjoyed young. Different cigar, different experience.

Never incurred construction issues to speak of. There’s way more construction crap in the realm of rg 50plus.