Deep Dive: Partagas Serie P Number 2

El Presidente

Partagas Serie P Number 2   

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The P2 has been my preferred Cuban piramide for some two years now. OK....excluding the Cohiba Piramide Extra ;)

Generally, they have had a beautiful richness to them with unmistakable Partagas DNA. I thoroughly enjoy the balance of fresh sourdough, sweet paprika cream and dried fruit spice on the periphery. 

Let's talk Partagas Serie P Number 2 

• Do you like Partagas Serie P Number 2?
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Partagas Serie P Number 2?
  • Do the poll!

Partagas Serie P Number 2! :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

I think these might be even more consistent than the Monte 2.  Consistent 91-94, fantastic cigars.  I love this blend personally, it’s a D4 having a baby with a Lusitania.  Send me more please Rob I’m on my last box!!!

So hilarious. I never thought about it like that before but it really is a D4 having a kid with Lusi 😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

The P2 has been my preferred Cuban piramide for some two years now. OK....excluding the Cohiba Piramide Extra ;)

Generally, they have had a beautiful richness to them with unmistakeable Partagas DNA. I thoroughly enjoy the balance of fresh sourdough, sweet paprika cream and dried fruit spice on the periphery. 

Let's talk Partagas Serie P Number 2 

• Do you like Partagas Serie P Number 2?
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Partagas Serie P Number 2?
  • Do the poll!

Partagas Serie P Number 2! :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

Guessing Question 5 should say P2 not Monte 2?

Seems like I’m missing out on some strong P2s; I’ve only had mid-bodied ones. But from those I’ve sampled, I could live without them. Partagas is my favourite marca, but between the Lusi, E2, D4 and Short I’m sorted. The P2s I’ve had have all been nice, but they don’t add anything to that line up for me.

Amongst the best of regular (affordable?) Cuban cigars. Delivers quintessential Partagas and great that it is medium bodied (okay can be medium to full) but don't understand the comments saying this is a strong cigar. Milder than a D4.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, nKostyan said:

I rarely smoke this cigar, it is too strong and takes a lot of time. The taste is complex, rounded, with hard-to-distinguish nuances

I find this true in younger P2's. I feel they are beginning to be their best after 5 years. The best ones I have smoked were 8 to 10 years of age. I still have a few from a 2009 box. The last few I smoked were Incredible. I'm not sure if the blend has changed, but the few younger ones I smoked from a 5er I bought, were jumbled in flavor. But only a few years age.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really love the P2. As far as consistency, I've found it rivals the other pyramids with a nod to the Upmann #2. 

I find them a really rich expression of the Partagas marca. With 5+ years on them, the truffelized earthiness of Partagas comes out in spades.

• Like 3

On 7/25/2022 at 2:55 AM, RDB said:

Partagas is my favourite marca, but between the Lusi, E2, D4 and Short I’m sorted.

This.
Totally agree, the E2 is a contender in that size range.. while I have enjoyed nearly every P2 I’ve had, the marca has better options imho..

I have long been a D4 fan. My P2 and Party Shorts just finished their 90 day sleep. I was a little underwhelmed with the Short, but the P2 blew me away. I can’t wait to smoke more. The wife loved it as well.

Love myself a good P2. When on it delivers a very smooth Partagas experience. It is true that if smoking them young they sometimes can be a bit harsh. I found my sweet spot in 3+ years. Have never gotten to age them beyond 4 tbh. They keep the spice and leather and other Partagas staple flavors while they deliver much more cream (at least that’s how I feel them).

• Like 1

Best P2 I've had were about 5 years old with light colored wrappers.  Creamy, light leather, sourdough, mild spices.  I've seen bell pepper mentioned but that's not something I pick up in these.  I'm taking my time with the box I'm currently working on which is 2019 and darker wrappers.  They are very good but don't have the smoothness yet that I enjoy most.  Usually a 60-75 minute cigar.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

Best P2 I've had were about 5 years old with light colored wrappers.  Creamy, light leather, sourdough, mild spices.  I've seen bell pepper mentioned but that's not something I pick up in these.  I'm taking my time with the box I'm currently working on which is 2019 and darker wrappers.  They are very good but don't have the smoothness yet that I enjoy most.  Usually a 60-75 minute cigar.

Good to hear. My 2021 box is lighter shaded. Really excited to dig in to them in a few years. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I love the size but the P2s I've smoked have been fairly inconsistent over the past 5 years.

I've had incredible ones, I've had a lot or underfilled ones too but even the good ones seem to often lack strength or character.

My favorite piramides remain the Upmann and the Montecristo and it's a close call between those two.

I’ve had multiple boxes with age of these with lackluster results each time. They had beautiful wrappers. Major lack of anything interesting for me. I was one of the 2 psychopaths who said it was light — because the ones I’ve had were definitely light in flavor in the realm of cigars writ large, albeit, not strictly of Cuban origin. D4, Shorts, Lusi, hell even a Mille Fleurs or PCE. when 'on,' are better than this for me. Love the vitola, but would pay rather have a Monte 2 in this size. I have had the odd STELLAR one, I will say.

• Like 1