What would you settle for?

From the Hip : Ratings out of 10.   

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deck discussion Friday. Interested to see if members hold the same opinion as the deck rats. 

Assume same price point. 

Cigar rating is out of 10.   See the poll. 

What would you settle for? :thinking:

with the cost of cubans, I'll take the 7.5 every time...

I'm not big into gambling, and 7.5 is pretty darn good to me. 

but we all know that doesn't apply to Cubans....so I'll keep searching for that 10/10, while accepting 4/10s. 

I may not understand the question. Is that across a given Vitola or all Cubans?  I can’t make this comparison between CoLa and JL2.  Maybe I am missing. 

6 minutes ago, wineguy said:

I may not understand the question. Is that across a given Vitola or all Cubans?  I can’t make this comparison between CoLa and JL2.  Maybe I am missing. 

It is about utility.

You have a choice between two cabs that magically refill. 

One is A

One is B

They cost the same and are the same vitola   ;)

• Like 1

The only variability I would like removed is the construction (over or under filling)... I love the variety that Cubans bring except when I get totally plugged cigars.

Nothing like hitting one of those 10/10 or getting a few in a row like that... Wouldn't want to live in a 7.5 only world :)

• Like 2

humans love hope. humans love the "what ifs" of life. 

as such it is only expected that the majority would accept < 7.5 average cigars for that "hope" for that 10/10. 

it's what makes lotteries successful.

I've opined several times that part of my fascination with and enjoyment of habanos is the variability of the cigars. Yesterday was a great example. I pulled a Epi #2 out as a late afternoon smoke. It was one of the better cigars I've smoked this month and a solid step-up over any of the others I've smoked from that box. If I'd gotten another 7.5 or even a 5 or 6 out to smoke it would not have ruined my day. But that 9/10 Epi sure did make it an awesome Sunday afternoon. 

• Like 4

I wish there was a third option. I'm too old to smoke 6.5/10 cigars so I would be tossing a huge percentage of cigars with option 1. 7.5/10 are at least smokable. Thankfully most of my CCs are above the 6.5/10 threshold.  Perhaps because I buy from a trusted source.😎

I think good cigars need the right time to smoke them. I like smoking sometimes even if I don't have the time to sit and appreciate them 100%, even when I sit I might not have the palate to appreciate them 100%, maybe I do. In any case, I feel very good driving my tractor and burning a 6/10. 

It's very difficult to ask a question and cover all options. I'll take the 7.5 all day because age will undoubtedly make some of them a 10 at a higher probability than the latter option...ok I took some liberty...

• Haha 1

At my rate I’d get a 10 at least once or twice a week!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

If the Pareto law is known as the 80:20 rule

......The FOH rule wll be known as the 65:35

It is remarkable how many polls end up within spitting distance of 65:35 :D

Remarkable indeed ! After 83 votes, 0.06% off of 65/35%. 

13 hours ago, El Presidente said:

If the Pareto law is known as the 80:20 rule

......The FOH rule wll be known as the 65:35

It is remarkable how many polls end up within spitting distance of 65:35 :D

Was it the same split with the deck crew?