Given your cigar smoking rate, how long can you last?

How long have you got!  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It will last as long as it lasts. I still can buy, but who knows in 5 years? I buy now more than I can smoke, I would love to have a aged stock sometime supplemented with younger stock. If the ability to buy grinds to a halt eg prohibited or so grossly expensive (which it is allready) I can't afford it to keep my stock larger than I can smoke, I'll just have to live with it and smoke less than I now do and if my stock is out stop smoking cigars. No biggie, it's a hobby, not a addiction, right?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hollywood Ninja said:

I think I’ll feel more settled once I have a ~10 year supply.

Haha, I’ve had the same thought....but I doubt that’s how the brain actually works once the goal is met.

I’ve got about 8 years of CC’s, and another year or so of NC’s. By the way, this is the exact metric I use to keep track of my collection size 😆.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

I’ve got about 8 years of CC’s, and another year or so of NC’s. By the way, this is the exact metric I use to keep track of my collection size 😆.

Me too. I have a similar CC collection. I have 45 days of NCs

When I contemplate this topic I always imagine this post apocalyptic world, and somehow I'm concerned about keeping my remaining stock of cigars viable.

Would irradiated water work to refresh my boveda packs? Would bands of feral raiders attack me for my sticks? Do I have enough ammo left for defense?

I imagine I'd leave the bulk of my D4s out as a distraction offering, thus keeping my other cigars safe. 

On 7/23/2021 at 11:08 AM, JohnS said:

I believe six to seven years. In actual fact, it may be closer to 4 or 5 the way I'm smoking lately! 😆

@JohnS That is ok

Between @Fuzz and myself, we have got you covered for longer than that. 

If Nudies are back, we will get a massive order. 

We will buy those in large enough quantities that we can request for a sub-regional marca - a Monte A tribute :D

• Haha 3

Right now I am sitting at 12-13 years.

I definitely need to bomb and smoke more and buy less. It's too hard to go without those life affirming emails though that tell me "You have yourself a box"

On 7/23/2021 at 7:37 AM, Ginseng said:

Longer than I expect to be alive.

This ^^^

For 6-8 months out of the year, I enjoy on average 5 cigars a week. During the cold winter months I tend to lay off. Good time to let the cigars age a bit.

• Like 1

If pricing continues to climb at the rate it has for the last couple of years, I've slowed down on purchases.  I do sell some older boxes, but they're priced at today's rates adjusted for age.

I feel weird selling something for so high, but that's what it costs someone to find the same...  I just remember what I paid a decade earlier...

• Like 1