Regional Ideas (Pick 2)

2023 Regional Ideas   

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great choices Prez. I would go for Diplomatico n ERDM. 

But to my understanding the regional edition is always a vital non present in the range of the marca. And unfortunately a languito was present ( but not in production ) in the Diplomatico. maybe I'm wrong.

Anyhow gain great suggestions, so if no diplomatic, I'll take the LG Cubana Dalia.

2 hours ago, Mr. Japan said:

Great choices Prez. I would go for Diplomatico n ERDM. 

But to my understanding the regional edition is always a vital non present in the range of the marca. And unfortunately a languito was present ( but not in production ) in the Diplomatico. maybe I'm wrong.

Anyhow gain great suggestions, so if no diplomatic, I'll take the LG Cubana Dalia.

That may have changed. Por Larrañaga had a new corona in Germany. Flor de Cano had a new robusto in Netherlands, for example. As far as I'm aware, the only explicit rule now in the regional programme regarding vitola is that it "must be selected from existing vitolas in the regular portfolio." It is also probably true that they would be slow to allow a regional of a vitola currently made within a marca,  

• Thanks 1

An El Laguito 1 cigar is quite welcome any time.  I'd rather see it as a Fonseca with the tissue or as a Vegas Robaina.  Both would be super neat and are both great Marca's right now.

Wow! Those are some pretty awesome choices. It was very hard to pick but went with the Dip 6 and ERDM Isabel. If they come out with a box holding 100, that’ll be amazing. I just love a 35 ring gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBirdman said:

What was the last RE to come in two or more different box counts?

The Ramón Allones Phoenicia 40 for 2019, not yet released. In boxes of 20 and 100. Though that would be a very rare thing. Not the kind of thing offered to many distributors and needs a special reason. The directors in Phoenicia are very close with Inocente and Leopoldo of Habanos.

Something similar for the H&F Ramón Allones 225 in 2015. Boxes of 25 and 100.

Excluding cigars repackaged by the distributor into jars, the last time it happened was in 2011 with the Juan Lopez Distinguidos Alemania. This was also a jar but I think maybe Habanos-released.

Before then, 2008. It happened often in 2006, 2007 and 2008. Lots of releases in 2 packaging formats. Officially stopped then. Only exceptional releases after that.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

What was the last RE to come in two or more different box counts?

The distributor in Canada did that with some Bolivars before.  They repackaged them into 10's from 25's.  I forget the cigar name.  "Simone's" perhaps?

Interesting, thanks @Ryan and @BrightonCorgi - I was curious because I know packaging production can be as much an issue at HSA as cigars. Even with the Hunter's 225 the cabinets of 100 were made by the distributor and just stocked with 4 SLB's. I love the idea of doing a small run of higher count boxes though. I don't think RE's offer very good value, but I adore the Punch 8-9-8's and would've snapped up an SLB in a heartbeat. 

'

Cabinets of 100 would be a nice thing.

Last I heard "Only standard presentations existing in the portfolio can be requested". By "presentations", they mean packaging. By "portfolio" they mean "the current range of packaging", which would preclude 100 cabs.

Though that may have changed of course. Malasia got their black and gold outer recently, but I don't think outers count as "non-standard presentation".

Who knows. Like everything else in Cuba, people make rules, then those same people are the first to break them. Immediately.

It's one of the things I love about Cuba! Easy for me to say of course. I don't have to live there.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

The distributor in Canada did that with some Bolivars before.  They repackaged them into 10's from 25's.  I forget the cigar name.  "Simone's" perhaps?

I had a 50 and 25 Cab of Simones. Great sticks! 

15 hours ago, Mr. Japan said:

But to my understanding the regional edition is always a vital non present in the range of the marca.

No, they wouldn't duplicate a standard production vitola but anything else past or present is fair game. PL Lonsdales had only been gone for 4 years when the 06 ER came out. Several other ERs have duplicated a model that had been cut and have also repeated vitolas for ERs like the Dip Excelencia and Nortenos.

As far as introducing a new vitola with an ER it has only happened one time: the RA H & F 225 Aniversario with the Insolito vitola. Aside from that exception it does appear that ERs do not introduce new vitolas and select only among vitolas that have existed post-Rev.