What makes your local cigar lounge special to you? Or do you simply prefer to smoke at home?

We have many cigar lounge options available here, and each have similar ambiances, but, there are subtle differences that makes some prefer one over another. 

Just curious as to your guys/gals' experiences and if none of the lounges provide you the same satisfaction of simply having a stick at home, with or without friends. 

Home for me, my man cave is climate controlled, so even when it’s snowing I can comfortably smoke and enjoy my beverage selection And my big screen.  We do have a great cigar bar downtown here I’ll go to a couple times a month in winter, but not sure when I’ll be able to visit that any time soon since it’s shut due to Covid.  Even when it’s open, my spot at home is better.

• Like 1

I do prefer a good lounge to home. It is obviously cheaper at home and yes with better drinks/snacks but I like chatting to other cigar smokers who I often find enjoy the same.

But it is expensive here in the UK so it needs to be a really good setup for me to go in and spend my cash. My favourite in London at least is 1A St James Street. Not a large lounge but done very nicely and the staff are lovely.

1 hour ago, Meklown said:

Home because it's cheaper and I can smoke without pants on if I wish. However, sometimes it is nice to go to the lounge to be pampered by the service. Occasionally, there are some people you don't want to bring home so the lounge can cater for that. 

Hopefully you put on pants when you have guests over.... unless that was the intention of inviting them over! :P

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Dusk said:

In the car with a bit of scenery

Personally can’t smoke in the car - it’s a bit too much multitasking for me... Ash coming down in my lap, or the pipe needs tamping and I nearly die. And I miss the ability to sit and relax and think. But I’ve always envied the people who could do it. 

1 hour ago, Zaxeiler said:

Personally can’t smoke in the car - it’s a bit too much multitasking for me... Ash coming down in my lap, or the pipe needs tamping and I nearly die. And I miss the ability to sit and relax and think. But I’ve always envied the people who could do it. 

Mostly sitting in a parked car with some scenery & or a short drive to the next destination,  but yeah it can messy. 

• Like 1

I think the virus has made people more apprehensive about going to a cigar lounge and likely some have closed due to the lock downs. I much prefer to smoke at home where I can choose my drink of choice for free and my music of choice without scrutiny 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Loner and a rebel here, with a year-round lanai, a comfy chair, and a tropical view. And we have no cigar lounges anyway, but I doubt I’d frequent one if we did.

Sounds amazing. But yea, you’re in one of the worst states for smokers! Whenever I go to Hawaii I have to slink away like some druggie to go enjoy a cigar on a remote part of a beach. 

In the People’s Republic of Seattle, our Glorious Leaders have determined that smoking tobacco in any form is bad, and therefore it is in our best interests that cigar lounges are not allowed, except for a weird exception of basically a private, unattended store front, with 24/7 card key access.

I am comforted that my Dear Comrades make choices on my behalf, keeping me safe and so forth.  But if you want to buy and smoke weed...we gotcha covered!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i find i mostly smoke when watching a movie or a football game and i prefer to watch both at home with the big screen and recliners.? some of the lounges in my area also have a cutting fee if you don't buy it from them and i'm not about to pay $10 to smoke one of my cubans

Pretty anti social anyway so I smoke at home in the garage. I’m in Southern California so I usually have to wait until it cools down in the evening year round. There’s a lounge about a 5 minute stroll down the street and I’ve never been. 

I prefer a lounge to home but opportunities are few and far between, with the closest being London.

Having an indoor smoking space at home with a tv for the football would also be dreamy ?

As it stands I just wait for the warm, dry and still summer evenings and smoke with mates in the back garden.

Cigar lounges are nice, but I'd prefer home. My outdoor area is large enough to easily accommodate 10 people (more if they are willing to sit on camping chairs and use fold-away tables), is enclosed from the weather, and I have a decent amount of booze at hand. There's a kitchen outside for cooking and washing up, a wall mounted TV, and the drinks fridge is just on the other side of the sliding door. It's about as close to smoking indoors, without actually smoking indoors.

• Like 2

Usually smoke in the dining room or outside if nice.  Been almost a year since I had a cigar in a public setting; Abu Dhabi. 

Are cigar lounges generally open in the US?  I don't think they are in MA.