Avallo Humidor Review

Eric05

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I promised you some pics and my update on first impressions of the unit once it was running for a bit and all my sticks were transferred over.  I placed the order for my DDD+ Cooled on April 1, 2020 a

Good afternoon. I recently purchased a Triple D Avallo humidor from Matt. I will give my honest review. I currently have a Aristocrat from Bob, which was the 48 Plus. As most of you know. I got t

My new humidor arrived and I was finally able to transfer my cigars from my old humidor.  A few pics are attached.  

• 3 months later...

Just gave Matt my final payment over the phone, and he tell's me my unit should be here next week. I am very excited, but a bit nervous, as he punctuated our payment conversation with a shipping horror story - keeping my fingers crossed.

I ordered this cabinet in early April 2021, so presuming next week arrival, 14.5 months. Pic is from his warehouse in Nashville.

IMG_20220531_192804__01.jpg.a14ccb9a6c45fa364b2bbbdcd0b9cd86.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/2/2022 at 4:23 AM, RichG said:

Just gave Matt my final payment over the phone, and he tell's me my unit should be here next week. I am very excited, but a bit nervous, as he punctuated our payment conversation with a shipping horror story - keeping my fingers crossed.

I ordered this cabinet in early April 2021, so presuming next week arrival, 14.5 months. Pic is from his warehouse in Nashville.

Very nice humidor!  Curious, what was the shipping horror story?

1 hour ago, RichG said:
The horror story was that the shipping company put the fork of a skid loader through a customers humidor. Fortunately for me, no shipping issues, other than the company delivering it four days prior to my scheduled delivery date. It came in perfect condition.

Wow Rich

This looks really freaking wonderful. Tell us about the electronics up there?

• Like 1

http://www.avallohumidors.com/Accumonitor.html

On the configuration I chose there is a hygrometer wired to four bottles filled with distilled water, which have small fans atop the bottle. Additionally I went with four pairs of circulation fans attached to the rear of the cabinet. I didn’t go with a cooled unit because I wanted the glass doors.

The top panel is set RH and actual RH, as well as temperature (passive). The bottom panel is a fan timer where you select how many minutes to run the circulation fans per hour. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 12:06 AM, RichG said:

http://www.avallohumidors.com/Accumonitor.html

On the configuration I chose there is a hygrometer wired to four bottles filled with distilled water, which have small fans atop the bottle. Additionally I went with four pairs of circulation fans attached to the rear of the cabinet. I didn’t go with a cooled unit because I wanted the glass doors.

The top panel is set RH and actual RH, as well as temperature (passive). The bottom panel is a fan timer where you select how many minutes to run the circulation fans per hour. 

Very nice unit!  Keep us abreast when you get it stocked.  I hope the shipping company assumed responsibility for the mishap.

On 6/15/2022 at 5:58 AM, RichG said:

It got up to humidity in less than 24 hours. So far so good, I am very happy with it. I jokingly told my wife I was going to start an order for a second one, she did not appreciate this concept one bit!

Now you are talking!  Impressive collection, everything looks great.  I hope you have many years where you enjoy all you have collected in good health.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 5:05 PM, Eric05 said:

I think everyone has experienced that. I think he is too over whelmed with orders. If you see my other post I ordered another unit, which I believe is much nicer and done in a quarter of the time. Also shipped from UK to USA

Can you share who you ordered the new cabinet from or PM me.  In need to get something soon!

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone who has an Avallo, do you recommend the singles drawer or no?  I saw someone mention it was quite shallow, so I was thinking of forgoing it for 1) more box space in the unit 2) keeping all my singles in a tuppador

My Triple D is almost almost complete, FYI

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, Tstew75 said:

To anyone who has an Avallo, do you recommend the singles drawer or no?  I saw someone mention it was quite shallow, so I was thinking of forgoing it for 1) more box space in the unit 2) keeping all my singles in a tuppador

My Triple D is almost almost complete, FYI

Thoughts?

Matt just finished my humidor, and I opted for the deeper singles drawer in lieu of the shallow one most on the forum seem to have.  He used the deeper drawers on his humidor builds years ago.  Although I plan to store primarily boxes in the humidor, I wanted to have a singles drawer to get rid of most of my containers with Boveda packs.  Down the road if I need more space I can always remove the singles drawer, but I don't foresee it being a problem. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Digi said:

Just ordered a cooled shorty triple D!  7 to 9 months for delivery.  Once it’s in, I’ll have a cab from Aristocrat, Vigilant, and Avallo!

The tripe D is nice.  Share some photos of the Aristocrat and Vigilant.

7 minutes ago, Digi said:

For sure!

The Vigilant: https://imgur.com/a/5uwFOBQ , https://imgur.com/a/qKeg7tv

The Aristocrat: (needed a bit of TLC when I picked it up) https://imgur.com/a/LYqnOZJ

The color on the Vigilant is really sharp.  The Aristocrat is nice too.  You say you picked up the Aristocrat, did you have to travel far?

Just now, thebigdog said:

The color on the Vigilant is really sharp.  The Aristocrat is nice too.  You say you picked up the Aristocrat, did you have to travel far?

Ah thanks!  Wanted to match the sunburst stain on an acoustic guitar in the same room - they knocked it out.

Managed to find the Aristocrat here in town, a quick 30 minute drive away.  The original owner had it for 20 years!  There are clear water stains on the bottom but no off smells or mold/mildew.  Called Bob once I got it placed to help me source a new reservoir and control system - was about 100 bucks and the thing has been rock-solid since.

I think, overall, the Aristocrat has better electronics, hardware, and interior finish and layout.  The Vigilant wins by a mile in the beauty department.  The kicker is, I scored it for $700 while the Vigilant was a bit over 5K.