Avallo Humidor Review

Eric05

On 9/2/2020 at 3:35 PM, thebigdog said:

Thanks for the input.  I know about the wait, I spoke with Mat a few times and he estimated about 6-7 months.  I currently have one of the Chinese temp/humidity controlled units (Remington) now.  It has served me well for the past 3 years, but unfortunately it has reached it's storage capacity and I need something a little larger.  After some additional research I decided to place an order with Mat/Avallo for his largest unit (Cooled DDD Extra).  I will sell this one when the Avallo is delivered some time next year.  I'm hopeful this Avallo will be the last humidor I will purchase, but then again I've said that before too!   

20200902_150801.jpg

20200902_150848.jpg

How did you like this humidor? I am looking into cabinets as well because I am tired of my coolidor setups. Trying to decide between one of these or something like the Lemans, or an Avallo. Though I am not sure I want to wait that long. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I promised you some pics and my update on first impressions of the unit once it was running for a bit and all my sticks were transferred over.  I placed the order for my DDD+ Cooled on April 1, 2020 a

Good afternoon. I recently purchased a Triple D Avallo humidor from Matt. I will give my honest review. I currently have a Aristocrat from Bob, which was the 48 Plus. As most of you know. I got t

My new humidor arrived and I was finally able to transfer my cigars from my old humidor.  A few pics are attached.  

1 hour ago, jlb said:

How did you like this humidor? I am looking into cabinets as well because I am tired of my coolidor setups. Trying to decide between one of these or something like the Lemans, or an Avallo. Though I am not sure I want to wait that long. 

Overall the Remington humidor has performed well, it was exactly what I was looking for at the time of purchase.  It holds a seal like nobody's business with plenty of storage space and it is a beautiful piece of furniture.  It will blend in with any décor and not stand out like a sore thumb.  The climate control system works well, it took a little tweaking to get it calibrated to match my digital hygrometers.  The Remington is definitely a major step above the Lemans.  Mat (Avallo) does have a waiting line for his humidors.  Unfortunately for me I have no choice but to upgrade, especially if I want to keep purchasing cigars.  I'm really gonna hate to part ways with the Remington though!

7 hours ago, thebigdog said:

Overall the Remington humidor has performed well, it was exactly what I was looking for at the time of purchase.  It holds a seal like nobody's business with plenty of storage space and it is a beautiful piece of furniture.  It will blend in with any décor and not stand out like a sore thumb.  The climate control system works well, it took a little tweaking to get it calibrated to match my digital hygrometers.  The Remington is definitely a major step above the Lemans.  Mat (Avallo) does have a waiting line for his humidors.  Unfortunately for me I have no choice but to upgrade, especially if I want to keep purchasing cigars.  I'm really gonna hate to part ways with the Remington though!

Thanks. Going back and forth with this unit. I don’t really need the climate control as this will be in an air conditioned space. Between 66-72. So I’m not sure the 1k over the Lemans is worth it. But I like the idea of it being built better. Of course, nothing comes up like this on Craigslist or FB marketplace around me. Haha. Well, I’ve got an email in to Matt. We’ll see what he says as well. Thanks for the reply. 

On 10/29/2020 at 7:19 AM, jlb said:

Thanks. Going back and forth with this unit. I don’t really need the climate control as this will be in an air conditioned space. Between 66-72. So I’m not sure the 1k over the Lemans is worth it. But I like the idea of it being built better. Of course, nothing comes up like this on Craigslist or FB marketplace around me. Haha. Well, I’ve got an email in to Matt. We’ll see what he says as well. Thanks for the reply. 

Try and be patient with Mat if he does not respond to you in a timely manner.  From my experience with him he tends to get really busy.  It can take up to 10-14 days before you hear from him.  He's a great guy to deal with, very thorough when answering questions.  Whichever cabinet you decide to purchase you would be wise to purchase one that is two to three times what your current storage needs are now.  Good Luck!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 12:43 PM, thebigdog said:

Thanks, and I hear you brother.  I placed my order around the beginning of September and I don't plan to touch base with Mat until February/March 2021!

Work has finally died down for a bit so I'm circling back to Matt to see the status of the cabinet.  I placed the order back in late April so I'm hoping that completion is coming soon.  Patience is a virtue!! 

On 11/7/2020 at 3:53 PM, StogieSteve23 said:

Work has finally died down for a bit so I'm circling back to Matt to see the status of the cabinet.  I placed the order back in late April so I'm hoping that completion is coming soon.  Patience is a virtue!! 

When you hear back from Mat share what he has to say in regards to the lead time for completion of your cabinet.  Also, if possible share some photos of your cabinet when you finally receive it.

9 minutes ago, thebigdog said:

When you hear back from Mat share what he has to say in regards to the lead time for completion of your cabinet.  Also, if possible share some photos of your cabinet when you finally receive it.

I'll certainly post some before and after pics when it arrives.  Not ETA yet though for completion or ship date.  He said he's working on the insulation of the unit and putting the caster wheels on.  Wiring will be next.  I would love to have it around Christmas time, but realistically, I don't see that happening and it doesn't matter too much.   

my 2k from Matt arrived almost 3 weeks ago - did not go with the temp unit since my family room is pretty consistent 65-68F.  the craftsmanship is outstanding, finish is beautiful - better than pics showed.  did not customize - went with what he recommend 4 sets of fans and 2 sets of humidifiers. pull out shelves - perfect.  Matt was really cool to work with. getting it before the holidays was a plus!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boxer31 said:

my 2k from Matt arrived almost 3 weeks ago - did not go with the temp unit since my family room is pretty consistent 65-68F.  the craftsmanship is outstanding, finish is beautiful - better than pics showed.  did not customize - went with what he recommend 4 sets of fans and 2 sets of humidifiers. pull out shelves - perfect.  Matt was really cool to work with. getting it before the holidays was a plus!!!!

Thanks for sharing! I kind of figured I needed to go with the cooled unit being down here in south Florida so for me, rather safe than sorry.  You being in VA, non-climate controlled with the temp seems like the right way to go.  Glad it all went well for you! 

**Before the holidays was a plus!!!*** LOL! This is true.  We all know we tend to buy a few cigar goodies for ourselves around these times..  Enjoy the unit! 

20 minutes ago, Boxer31 said:

Good for you, especially before the holidays!  Share some photos of the beauty.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2020 at 11:35 PM, Boxer31 said:

Thanks appreciate that.

Bigdog and stogiesteve what unit did you order?

Cooled DDD Plus.  Added a few other things to it (extra fans, casting wheels, etc.) 

I received an email from Matt early this month.  The unit should be ready before the end of January.  Will certainly post some pics when it arrives. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Cooled DDD Plus.  Added a few other things to it (extra fans, casting wheels, etc.) 

I received an email from Matt early this month.  The unit should be ready before the end of January.  Will certainly post some pics when it arrives. 

Thanks brother, will be looking forward to seeing your humidor.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on the workload Matt has. I just put in an order for a 2000 Cooled edition today. He has about 30 humidors ahead of mine and it could take 8-12 months. I don't mind waiting as long as it's done right. Just a heads up gents be prepared to wait! 

• Like 2

I reached out to Matt about placing and order and asked for some dimentions etc.  Perhaps I should have checked here - he was busy, I was busy, and not months have passed!  Seems like I need to get my ass in line and forget out a humidor for a year!  

I reached out to Matt about placing and order and asked for some dimentions etc.  Perhaps I should have checked here - he was busy, I was busy, and not months have passed!  Seems like I need to get my ass in line and forget out a humidor for a year!  

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2020 at 6:08 PM, StogieSteve23 said:

Did you get your humidor delivered or is Matt still working on it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 12:16 PM, thebigdog said:

Did you get your humidor delivered or is Matt still working on it?

Matt is still working on it.  He said it was supposed to ship this week (3/16) but emailed me last week and said it was his kids spring break this week coming up and forgot about it.  I'm hoping to have it before end of March. He's been good at emailing me updates and I know he's swamped so I'm trying not to rush it. 

I'll post pics of everything when it arrives. Hopefully sooner vs later! 

On 1/14/2021 at 2:01 PM, Girardian said:

Definitely.  He's super busy. I ordered mine the first week of April last year and he said 8-10 months for production time. Albeit, it's the largest cabinet he makes, but I know he's got lots of other orders pending after mine. I should have mine in the next two weeks would make it almost a year exactly.  Timeline might be quicker depending on the size of the unit you order. Not sure how many he works on at one time. 

• Like 1