Avallo Humidor Review

Eric05

37 minutes ago, ChicagoRob said:

Giving this thread a bump.

I placed my order for a cooled 1200 last month. Matt mentioned he has a new website coming which I imagine will be good for business.

He quoted me a 3 month lead time which sounds great considering I set myself up mentally for probably 6. Hopefully it stays at 3 months!

Anyone have any updates with their units? New pics? Give me some juice as I wait!

Matt is a great guy, he makes a great product and he stands by it, but pack your patience with your humidor build.  If he quoted you 3 months, and you are hoping for 6 months, I would advise you prepare yourself mentally for a much longer wait.  No doubt you will love the humidor when complete.  Based on my experience and what I have read from others, patience is going to be a necessity.  Good luck, and don't forget to share some pics when you receive it (hoping its in 3 months).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I promised you some pics and my update on first impressions of the unit once it was running for a bit and all my sticks were transferred over.  I placed the order for my DDD+ Cooled on April 1, 2020 a

Good afternoon. I recently purchased a Triple D Avallo humidor from Matt. I will give my honest review. I currently have a Aristocrat from Bob, which was the 48 Plus. As most of you know. I got t

My new humidor arrived and I was finally able to transfer my cigars from my old humidor.  A few pics are attached.  

8 hours ago, Bri Fi said:

I ordered mine back in April of 2021 and still waiting for it to be finished. I am patient but a little concerned as well. Seems like two years is a long time even based on what I’m reading here. 

For sure, I know it's tough waiting.  The last time I spoke with Matt, he expressed that he has to do better job with his delivery time moving forward.  I placed my order for his largest cooled unit in August 2020 and I received it two years later (August 2022), and I was quoted 7-9 months.  Again, I am very happy with my humidor, but the time it took to build was unreasonable.  Which unit did you order?

2 hours ago, thebigdog said:

I for sure know it's tough waiting.  The last time I spoke with Matt, he expressed that he has to do better job with his delivery time moving forward.  I placed my order for his largest cooled unit in August 2020 and I received it two years later (August 2022), and I was quoted 7-9 months.  Again, I am very happy with my humidor, but the time it took to build was unreasonable.  Which unit did you order?

It’s a DDD. Glad to hear you were quoted the same time frame. I’m not really in any rush and matts been pretty responsive to my emails. I’d rather have it done right than rushed. I just hope the shipping costs haven’t exploded. 

• 1 month later...
http://www.avallohumidors.com/Accumonitor.html
On the configuration I chose there is a hygrometer wired to four bottles filled with distilled water, which have small fans atop the bottle. Additionally I went with four pairs of circulation fans attached to the rear of the cabinet. I didn’t go with a cooled unit because I wanted the glass doors.
The top panel is set RH and actual RH, as well as temperature (passive). The bottom panel is a fan timer where you select how many minutes to run the circulation fans per hour. 

How is your fan setup working for you? I noticed it looks like your keeping your Nudies on the bottom.. is that because you’re seeing significant RH difference top to bottom?