Partagas 898: Most recent Box Code?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a MTS JUN 21.

My latest is AMP MAR 21. It is amazing to me that a premium Partagás cigar like 8-9-8 doesn't come out of the mother factory. Same with Lusi 50 cabs I believe. Prime motivation for the box code P

BLP NOV 08 ?

Last were a slew of '18 boxes and lots available on secondary.

For those holding 2018 boxes, how was the quality?  I know they're still again away, but from appearance, construction, bunching and wrappers looking to be typical 898 quality?

40 minutes ago, earthson said:

For those holding 2018 boxes, how was the quality?  I know they're still again away, but from appearance, construction, bunching and wrappers looking to be typical 898 quality?

The three boxes I have all appear and smell great. I haven't smoked from any of them.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Puro_Lover83 said:

If I can get them, are they worth the premium price?

Any answer to this is going to be very subjective. They are among my favorite cigars, but they aren't for everyone.

I wouldn't pay a significant premium for something I was unsure of.

I hope they reappear (as Rob and others seem to think they will).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tigger said:

Any answer to this is going to be very subjective. They are among my favorite cigars, but they aren't for everyone.

I wouldn't pay a significant premium for something I was unsure of.

I hope they reappear (as Rob and others seem to think they will).

Thanks...i guess I’ll be patient then.

Asked a friend, whom has a lot of connections, to find me the newest box he could dig up. He just sent me a box from LMB OCT 18. He said he cannot find anything newer than that (At least not being sold right now) since production has been down/slow. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2020 at 10:50 PM, VKUTT said:

I still have a few from UBM DIC 17, so I'm out. They sure are tasty tho! 

Agree...to both.

I have a friend going to Cuba in a couple weeks. I can ask him to keep his eyes open for them. 

Was there a couple weeks ago and there was bupkes, but a lot can change in a couple weeks

On 12/8/2019 at 1:19 PM, earthson said:

I have an April and July LMB box. The april has an incredible aroma, the july slightly less. I've smoked about 5 from the april box. They've ranged from very good to superb. The last few however didnt seem to have the super rich date flavor and were more dominated by dark chocolate. Maybe I'll light one up today?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Looks like there was an MTS DIC 20 run.  I recently heard of a SOP NOV 21 box, but haven't seen it with my own eyes.  Any updates here from those who won the lottery and found some?

• Like 1