Your favourite Cuban custom cigars

I received the following overnight and am having a hard time replying as what appeals to me may not appeal to others. 

"Rob, can you give me a list of the best custom cigars to pick up in havana? I am going for my first trip in December . Super excited!"

Can you let us know your favourite Cuban custom cigars and maybe a little detail as to rough price and how long you age them for?

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prietos are a cut above the rest, I think. Smooth flavorful and well constructed. I describe them to people as smoking a stick of butter that's been rolled in dark brown sugar. Hector is a great guy t

If only FOH had a group buy thread and contact. I’d certainly buy regularly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So many great ones. Alex, Juanita, Reynoldo... I’ve only found one that I didn’t love. 

Most of the LCDH have bars. Hit all of them, have a drink and sample what they have to offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, there were customs rolled in Cuba, only attainable by going to the island or mule. I did neither. There were also Cuban customs that Rob sold on here years ago.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

That is the La Puntilla rolled by Alex at The Commodore. They are quite good and under 5 CUC per stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, db13 said:

48C74AD3-74E6-45E9-83C8-23D2516C076B.thumb.jpeg.d3eb428260f98647442a1a7cdcbc4327.jpegHector’s lanceros

$10

No aging required

I'm traveling here at the end of the month with Jorge.  Should I try and pre-order or does he have these on hand?  

In lieu of hijacking the thread, I'll second the PC from Reynaldo and the Puntillas from Alex.  Mine have a year on them now and are perfect in every way. 

• Like 1

This info is from a couple of years ago

Custom Rollers to See: 
Reynaldo @ Conde de Villanueva Hotel LCDH at Mercaderes #202 corner of Lamparilla, Habana Vieja - This was my favorite blender. His smokes I've had aging for 2-3 years and still getting better. They smoke great fresh as well. Sublime is a must along with robustos. 
Yolanda Medina @ Hotel Melia Habana LCDH at 3ra Ave. between Calle 76 & 80, Playa/Miramar - famous for Piramides which are phenomenal  
Cueto from the El Morro Castle shop (Parque Morro-Cabana Cigar Shop) - have not tried
Jorge Lopez Leal @ Club Havana LCDH (5ht Ave between Calle 188-192) MONSDALES (Playa neighborhood) Visited, but Jorge not there and NO cigars available, so you may want to call ahead. 
Leopoldina Gutierrez aka 'La China’ @ Partagas LCDH at Calle Industria #520, Centro Habana, tried but did not buy a lot

Santos - this is who rolls Johnny O's customs so since I can get them here, I didn't try to find him on the island. 

Prices are extremely fair - this cheaper than regular production. Best value in cigars. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tstew75 said:

Most complex I've smoked have been Papos. As with most custom rolls, I'd probably smoke them in their first 8 years of life.

Yeah, Papo's cigars are amazing, probably some of the best cigars I've had. He's pretty passionate about blending.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Leopoldina Gutierrez aka 'La China’ @ Partagas LCDH at Calle Industria #520, Centro Habana has great torpedo rolls for $5.00 each . Smoke great fresh and have in my humidor too. I think these Sticks are the best custom rolls I have had so far.

• Thanks 1

The next time I am in Cuba..1st stop Reynaldo and his Petit Coronas.Sensational . His lancero are excellent. He makes these shortish fat cigars not sure what they are called...probably 58 gauge. On my last trip I picked up 10, easily the best cigars I have ever smoked . Packed with tonnes of lip smaking flavour, orange zest , leather and spice. Just brilliant !

20191012_190323.thumb.jpg.50d22bdb9f669d0e1debcfeed9ab48c6.jpg20191012_191659.thumb.jpg.b09acb09f2f869a153645a6aa42204c1.jpg

• Like 2

The next time I am in Cuba..1st stop Reynaldo and his Petit Coronas.Sensational . His lancero are excellent. He makes these shortish fat cigars not sure what they are called...probably 58 gauge. On my last trip I picked up 10, easily the best cigars I have ever smoked . Packed with tonnes of lip snaking flavour, orange zest , leather and spice. Just brilliant !
20191012_190323.thumb.jpg.50d22bdb9f669d0e1debcfeed9ab48c6.jpg20191012_191659.thumb.jpg.b09acb09f2f869a153645a6aa42204c1.jpg

Last couple of trips I’ve brought back his pyramids, they have been excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Only custom I have had the pleasure to try so far is the La Puntilla. Kudos to both El Pres. and Alex for a great cigar, the two I have tried have both been crackers!

• Like 1