#1 On Your EOFY/24:24 Wishlist

Just curious what 1 or 2 cigars everyone is most eager to pounce on, should they show up on the 24:24 (especially on clearance in the next week).  Not like I need any more sticks at the moment but may as well fish for some ideas...

For me, it's not so much any one stick at the moment (though there are a couple I have in mind) but any aged stock that should happen to turn up.  I was out of the game for a while so stuff to tide me over while the younger stuff dials up is a need - I was lucky enough to score a box of those '14 Boli PCs (anybody smoke one of those yet, BTW?) , which was a good start.

A box of Connie A.

Had my first one recently from a 6 pack I bought on 24/24 last year and wow the best cigar I've had all year. 

I'm doing an experiment of robusto or robustoesque sized cigars and it beat out PSD4, Boli RC, Monte Edmundo, CoRo, HDM Epi 2, RYC Wide Churchill, RASS. All of them have 2+ years on them and all are 6 packs of cigars from 24:24. Want to smoke a couple more of each before final ranking but the Connie A won't wait clear winner so far. After trying several quarter box purchases on 24:24 finally buying my first full box ever! :) 

Highly recommend everyone try the connie A! 

• Like 2

I keep the false hope alive in my mind that a few quality boxes of VR DAs will appear out of thin air. Old dreams die hard.

• Like 1

If a PL Montecarlos with a couple of years came up, that would be tough to resist - hard to beat that price, and the consensus seems to be they hit the sweet spot faster than PLPCs.

Also an aged Reyes of course, but that's a pipe dream.

QDO Coronas.

I am going to need to be a lot more attentive to the time though if I’m ever going to get the chance to snag a box. 9 times out of 10 I don’t see the notification until it’s too late.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Deeg said:

Just curious what 1 or 2 cigars everyone is most eager to pounce on, should they show up on the 24:24 (especially on clearance in the next week).  Not like I need any more sticks at the moment but may as well fish for some ideas...

For me, it's not so much any one stick at the moment (though there are a couple I have in mind) but any aged stock that should happen to turn up.  I was out of the game for a while so stuff to tide me over while the younger stuff dials up is a need - I was lucky enough to score a box of those '14 Boli PCs (anybody smoke one of those yet, BTW?) , which was a good start.

I too was lucky enough to grab a box of the 14 BPCs, but have not tried one yet.  Trying to make sure they're acclimated first.  But would also love to hear if anyone else has opened them up.  

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov
30 minutes ago, HumidorJuan said:

Party Luci’s from before the blend change 

Que?

I haven't heard about a blend change. Can you elaborate?

Great question. As a newbie, I'm maintaining a spreadsheet and ranking cigars I want to try in 6 packs to help keep spending in check.  I've got HU Connie A at the top of my list.  Also JL1, HDM Ep. 2, and Monte Edmundo. 

I will say that aged and/or insanely low priced cigars will get me to jump too.  Every once in a while something gets crazy low and I feel compelled to jump. 

A really nice box of SC La Fuerza with those light reddish hue wrappers! Not crazy about the recent LGR code for these. Bought some last year with a 2017 box date, forget the code..........wrappers were silky and consistent. They were on clearance. Just amazing flavor, definitely a syrupy, molasses flavor. Very overpowering. Love them. 

A really nice box of SC La Fuerza with those light reddish hue wrappers! Not crazy about the recent LGR code for these. Bought some last year with a 2017 box date, forget the code..........wrappers were silky and consistent. They were on clearance. Just amazing flavor, definitely a syrupy, molasses flavor. Very overpowering. Love them. 

Did you get them last night? I missed unfortunately. But I think they were LGR. Why didn’t you like that code? Bad box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Cayman17 said:

I’m not in the market but if I was I’d want a 50 cab of something. RASS, perhaps. 

I'm out of the buying game for a while because of "reasons" but if I stumble upon a 50 cab of PSP RASS I will do a quick comeback.

22 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Did you get them last night? I missed unfortunately. But I think they were LGR. Why didn’t you like that code? Bad box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some left over from an LGR code. The ones I bought on clearance were so much smoother and had a powerful syrupy flavor. Bought three boxes of SC Principe about two months ago, wrappers more on the darker side. They probably need to sit. Going to pass until I see some different box code show up and see how they look. Just like with the PLPC preferred the UEB over the LGR code. 

2 hours ago, JLinz said:

I too was lucky enough to grab a box of the 14 BPCs, but have not tried one yet.  Trying to make sure they're acclimated first.  But would also love to hear if anyone else has opened them up.  

Haven't received mine yet - how do they look?

Guest Nekhyludov
56 minutes ago, HumidorJuan said:

Here’s a great article written by   @Ken Gargett on the topic   Lusi went from a strong to a medium blend in 1995  

https://quillandpad.com/2019/01/23/partagas-lusitania-cigars-reliably-top-notch/

Ah! Gotcha. Thanks. I thought you meant something more recent.

It wasn't just the Lusi that changed in the '90s. The entire universe of Cuban tobacco has changed, several times over, since 1997. There isn't a single Habano that's made with the same tobacco now as in 1995. They don't even grow those strains anymore. 

And if you're looking for mid-90s Lusis, good luck! You'll need it :lol: