Chocolate and class

9 minutes ago, 99call said:

yep much classier, creamier stronger delivery

They said it!

15 minutes ago, luv2fly said:

+1

+2

9 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Smoke them slow. Super slow ....great sex slow. The end is the same. 

And the award for greatest salesman ever goes to....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Smoke them slow. Super slow ....great sex slow. The end is the same. 

At the end you have to leave £100 on the side! I’m out, I like skinnies but it sounds like I can’t afford these ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Smoke them slow. Super slow

Makes them a difficult cigar for a casual smoke.  This is a serious cigar that commands attention to avoid getting hot and acrid tasting.

21 hours ago, Notsocleaver said:

I've never had one, but I like the occasional long and skinny. What does the Especiales No.2 bring to the table that say, a Monte 3 doesn't? What other Montecristo cigars are most similar to it?

I'm not familiar with the Monte 3, but I had a 2016 Especial No. 2 a few nights ago, and was really blown away!  I've had the box for well over a year, and was really put off by the few samples I tried early on.  On a whim, tried one again.  This stick was incredibly creamy and sweet with no bitterness.  The flavor reminded me of latte with a splash of vanilla.  The draw was a bit tight, which made it a bit of a chore to smoke, but the flavors were outrageously good. 

It is one of my favourites. Actually my first ever full box purchase. Ended up buying 3 boxes of them. One to smoke now and the rest to age.

They are great fresh, however if you have the stamina to age them. They become "great slow sex" good.

They feel nice to me in the hand, I’ve always liked things that are mini or quality and small.  Being narrow, they are not a jawbreaker, comfortable to hold with the teeth/lips - hands free. Cocoa is apparent, stronger than Monte 1 and 2.  Flavors seem concentrated.

I like the length of time, about one hour start to finish. For me, better smoked in solitude, where I can give it my full attention; both to appreciate what it offers, and to deliberately smoke slowly and attentively to keep the burning ember cool and develop its full potential.

It’s a personal cigar for a specific time, I don’t think it’s suited to every person, or every time and place.  My affinity for them wasn’t as much because of what others said, it was from trying many different sizes and this one working for me.

I’ve been smoking cigars for a while and still haven’t mastered this vitola. The smoking technique is different than typical cigars that are much larger diameter.  The skinnies are harder to smoke without overheating. Sometimes this frustrates the bejeebies out of me, so I have to remind myself to be in the right frame of mind and remember what I’m getting into before deciding to smoke one. Right now light steady draws with long delays between or little sips is working. 

Time: They are too short and too long of a smoke for some situations.

Sometimes due to my negligence and needing to learn while doing, they’ve lacked complexity or been one dimensional or obliterated.  I can’t smoke these like a robusto or a pyramid furiously puffing.

It’s a cigar with different minutia qualities that I love.  Intriguing, challenging, rewarding. The flavors are ones I like. I’d strongly suspect that many people would naturally prefer something different, and many people will also love these. Curious to hear your thoughts after you’ve tried some, If you choose to.

• Thanks 1