The most....and the least consistent cigar in terms of flavour?

For me, most consisten - Connie A or Lusitania

Least consistent - Monte 2, Monte 4 and Cohiba Robustos share that title

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Least consistent has to be Cohiba for me, it's actually unforgivable when you factor in the supposed special treatment they get and the accompanying price hike   Most consistent easily the Monte

Most: Connie A or Connie 1. Least: BBF or BPC. 

Most: RASS Least: Any Montecristo 

Most: CORO ( Don't forget the criteria is three years of age)

Least: MC#2 I had a box of '06 that were divine. My current box of 3/13 taste like dirt with a nicotine kick.

5 hours ago, mtapia3 said:

For me...

Consistently good: BBF

Consistently bad: Monte 2

Consistently bland: Everything HDM (Besides DCs) has left me quite underwhelmed. 

Most overall inconsistent: The entire RyJ marca has been extremely inconsistent for me. So much so, that I couldn't even begin to describe to you what RyJ tastes like. 

Honestly for a decent and honest RyJ the Mille Fleur are straight up what the basics should be for everything beyond that benchmark. They're sweet cedar, decent amount of cherry/berry preserve and occasional bits of Turkish delight/rosewater

5 hours ago, BoliDan said:

Wow, I actually feel Monte has gotten much more consistent with 2016+. I don't know about the #2s, but The #4s and 3s have been pretty much all hits for me of recent.

Most: Upmann Con A

Least: Upmann Mag 46

The Monte no.3 I think must have a very forgiving blend, or something of that ilk. I've smoked all ranges of wrapper colour and all types of quality and they are always hitting around the same numbers, even the dry, grey wrapper veiny ones that look like they've been down behind the back of a sofa for a few years

6 hours ago, BoliDan said:

Wow, I actually feel Monte has gotten much more consistent with 2016+. I don't know about the #2s, but The #4s and 3s have been pretty much all hits for me of recent.

Most: Upmann Con A

Least: Upmann Mag 46

I've actually found 17-18 Monte 2s to be the most consistent they've been since 2000. Before 17 I would absolutely have agreed that Monte 2s are among the most inconsistent cigars.

I actually haven't smoked many 1s, 3s or 4s over the last 18 mos. 

I actually find Mag 46 to be very consistent--consistenly bad. Never had a great one and of the boxes I've had maybe I'll get 2/25 that are good. 

I'll take one Connie A over ten Mag 46. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Most Consistent: HdM Le Hoyo de San Juan

59 minutes ago, Gamehawker said:

Least: Le Hoyo De San Juan

Well, I'm not sure how useful this thread is going to end up being...:P

Most; based on my very limited exposure, from 3 boxes of JLo2, one of which isn't yet 3 years old, then I'd say JLo2. 

I just don't smoke enough of one vitola to have gone through many boxes of the same stick at 3 years of age. I suspect many of us are in the same boat. Basing this on one box, probably isn't valid. 

Least, again in myblimited exposure; any Montecristo. They're just not worth the risk. I've had one good Petit Eddie in my life. 2 good ones from a box of 10 No. 4, and 5 good ones from a box of 25 No. 2.  

6 hours ago, Edward7 said:

This thread is all over the place. Makes sense with subjectivity plus Cuban qc 

Was just going to say something like this. Just about every marca down the thread. Bravo! Habanos would love using this thread for Marketing. ?

My problem is after I light a cigar, about a third in, I fall into a kind of trance that does not concentrate on taste or aroma. A “Cuban High”? 

I also smoke different ones just about every day. 

So I give this thread a ?but a particular marca? ?

CB

I currently have 8 boxes of Bolivar Tubos #2 from the past 15 years and have smoked through at least as many boxes during that time frame.  During that time, there have only been a few of them have had construction issues.  More in line with the original question, the flavor profile has remained consistent in every box over the past 15 years.  A couple boxes have had slightly muted or more intense flavor, but the same flavors have always been there.  It is the only cigar I have smoked in such quantity, but haven't come across a more consistent flavor profile. 

So I guess Punch Punch should be avoided to be safe??? :D

Most consistent - Anything Bolivar

Least consistent - Cohiba.  Smoked a CoRo yesterday just shy of 3 years and it was a miserable experience both in construction and flavor.  Have smoked a few Sig III's with the same results

4 hours ago, Silverstix said:

So I guess Punch Punch should be avoided to be safe??? :D

Most consistent - Anything Bolivar

Least consistent - Cohiba.  Smoked a CoRo yesterday just shy of 3 years and it was a miserable experience both in construction and flavor.  Have smoked a few Sig III's with the same results

I have only had one box of 25 punch punch and I really liked most of the ones out of the box. The variance had more to do with a few being very tight. Wonderful flavor though if you like non-spicy Cubans. It's so peanut-ey.

31 minutes ago, Edward7 said:

I have only had one box of 25 punch punch and I really liked most of the ones out of the box. The variance had more to do with a few being very tight. Wonderful flavor though if you like non-spicy Cubans. It's so peanut-ey.

I've only had a few, 1 was very blah but the other 2 were ok.  Just seemed like the Punch Punch had the most votes for the least consistent cigar here

2 hours ago, Silverstix said:

I've only had a few, 1 was very blah but the other 2 were ok.  Just seemed like the Punch Punch had the most votes for the least consistent cigar here

I smoke 4 or 5 punch punch a week, rarely have any construction issues. The vast majority come from 24 24, usually at least 18 months down time before I  smoke them. One of my favorites. Quality matters...

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 4:40 AM, JohnS said:

Most Consistent: For around the 3-year mark it's a tie between the H.Upmann Connossieur A and Romeo y Julieta Churchills.

Least Consistent: Montecristo No.2 and No.4. When good these can both be 'heavenly', like no other marca, but when they're 'off', oh my, they can be very average!

I have a huge stash of Monte  #2 2015-16 and they are always good. Are you experiencing issues with these years?

3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I have a huge stash of Monte  #2 2015-16 and they are always good. Are you experiencing issues with these years?

In comparison to recent examples from late '16 to '18, yes. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's only a few that stand out markedly from the others which offer a great contrast in smoking experience. In general, I really like Montecristo No 2's and No 4's.

I smoke 4 or 5 punch punch a week, rarely have any construction issues. The vast majority come from 24 24, usually at least 18 months down time before I  smoke them. One of my favorites. Quality matters...

Construction wasn’t a problem for me. A number of guys here commented that punch punch were their most inconsistent in the flavor department. I can’t say because I’ve only had 3.....1 was blah the other 2 were just ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk