In the future ....

Elon  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decades? You'd be surprised what a Tesla (and I am by no means a fanboy) can do today already. I've also had the privilege to ride in several autonomous test vehicles through my work and it is amazing

"right" as in "yes" I believe this will be the case. "wrong" in other ways. 

I'm a dog person. Cats offend me because their independence mocks my entitlement based ideology. Play-Doh is fun tho.?

The way of the Liberal World Regime would have all of us be sheep for their bidding. 

Everything is bad for you, so we'll tax you to death, then tax what it costs to have a funeral as well.

I weep for the future for my daughter! 

George Orwell here we come!

• Like 3

we now live in a world where the winners of the soccer cups in england can no longer crack a champagne and spray it around in case that image and use of alcohol offends some. they'll get a non-alcoholic replacement instead. unbelievable. 

mind you, the officials don't mind taking sponsorship money from alcohol producers, including champagne houses. 

which pretty much sums up everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I voted "Right" as in I think people will want to vote to make it illegal. Now whether that will actually occurs depends on whether Asimov got it right, or we're all living under the oppression of Skynet or the Sentinels.

13 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

we now live in a world where the winners of the soccer cups in england can no longer crack a champagne and spray it around in case that image and use of alcohol offends some. they'll get a non-alcoholic replacement instead. unbelievable. 

Little by little the temperature of the water rises a fraction more while the frog just sits there, apparently and perhaps even wilfully oblivious. We know very well what decisions like this are all about, but we're not allowed to say it of course.

“I’m very convinced... In the future, people goverments will want to outlaw people driving their own cars because they’ll be unsafe.”

That is what the statement probably should say. With back-up cameras be legislated and soon adaptive cruise control, automatic braking and blind spot monitoring, as soon as self driving cars are perfected it is only a matter of time before the nanny governments are forced to take action. I don't agree with this but can see it happening.

7 hours ago, El Presidente said:

unsafe

As much as I would like to keep personal freedoms in tact, the sad state of affairs is that the standard of driving instructors, those who monitor driving instructors, and the non-present police (here in the UK) means people are driving like they are in Saudi Arabia. 

If things would of remained how they were a good 25yrs ago, I'd be super pissed off if legislation came in to automate the driving of cars.......but as it stands, theres a good 30% of road users in the UK, that I'm convinced got someone to take their test for them....and drive their car like riding a horse. i.e. over taking from either side, no indicating, tailgating, drifting between lanes like they've fallen asleep at the wheel........the list goes on

Instead of automation of safety, I would much prefer non removable dashcams, that have the in-built technology to record and issue driving offences.    This way we get all of the maniacs off the road, and the people that deserve a driving license, keep them, and keep their freedoms in tact. 

And, dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our love for driving!!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

And, dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our love for driving!!!

I best not find you driving around in this calling traffic police "sugar tits"

25937132734_b55d12668f_b.jpg

• Haha 1